Options

but they used to be such good friends....

El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
edited July 2006 in A Moving Train
odd how iran and israel are such enemies now...back in the reagan days they passed over 2,000 TOW missiles onto Iran for the US (so we could violate Congress and support the terro...err..freedom fighting contras in nicaragua)
standin above the crowd
he had a voice that was strong and loud and
i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
eager to identify with
someone above the crowd
someone who seemed to feel the same
someone prepared to lead the way
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    well, i thought it was ironic that they'd help arm someone who wants to wipe them off the map
    standin above the crowd
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
  • Options
    hailhailkchailhailkc Posts: 582
    El_Kabong wrote:
    well, i thought it was ironic that they'd help arm someone who wants to wipe them off the map

Which, of course, implies that Iran doesn't want to wipe them off the map. :rolleyes: Even Iran has said that they want to wipe them off the map, but you've chosen to ignore that little tid bit of information. I assume this is also akin to the United States supplying military arms to the warlords in Afghanistan, and how that has suppossedly come back to bite us in the butt too, right?

Nevermind the fact that both of these instances centered around trying to dislodge a communist regieme from the said country...which is another fact you conveniently left out in order to make your point. Instead, you just act like Israel wants to give weapons to Iran because they like them, which is obviously not the case. You can't warp the truth in order to make your point, no matter how hard you try.
    MOSSAD NATO Alphabet Stations (E10)
    High Traffic ART EZI FTJ JSR KPA PCD SYN ULX VLB YHF
    Low Traffic CIO MIW
    Non Traffic ABC BAY FDU GBZ HNC NDP OEM ROV TMS ZWL
  • Options
    hailhailkc wrote:
    Which, of course, implies that Iran doesn't want to wipe them off the map. :rolleyes: Even Iran has said that they want to wipe them off the map, but you've chosen to ignore that little tid bit of information. I assume this is also akin to the United States supplying military arms to the warlords in Afghanistan, and how that has suppossedly come back to bite us in the butt too, right?

Nevermind the fact that both of these instances centered around trying to dislodge a communist regieme from the said country...which is another fact you conveniently left out in order to make your point. Instead, you just act like Israel wants to give weapons to Iran because they like them, which is obviously not the case. You can't warp the truth in order to make your point, no matter how hard you try.

nope...i think iran hates israel, don't know why you'd think otherwise

yes, my point is it's ironic how we arm the world then have to go invade them for them having them!

i just found it odd that a part of the threat iran poses to israel and some of the weapons they may have given hezbollah could have very well been given to iran by israel for the us. those rockets hitting haifa could be some US weaponry. and you know you can't even use the past mistakes angle b/c some of the key ppl in this administration were in that one shaking hands w/ these guys.

what communist regime? the weapons were traded, supposedly, for hostages...ovr 2,000 TOW missiles, not to mention others...that doesn't bother you?

you can't be talking about nicarauga b/c the whole reason for selling the arms was to fund the contras...am i also leaving out congress made it illegal to support them? do i need to repost the senate's conclusion that we armed terrorist nations and all the other several abuses?
    standin above the crowd
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
  • Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Times change, people change. Good friends become enemies. Love ends in divorce. We're only human, right?
  • Options
    Times change, people change. Good friends become enemies. Love ends in divorce. We're only human, right?

you really think there was a time ppl like saddam, the nuts in iran, noriega, bin laden...looked like some decent ppl? let alone enough to arm and fund?
    standin above the crowd
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,135
    El_Kabong wrote:
    you really think there was a time ppl like saddam, the nuts in iran, noriega, bin laden...looked like some decent ppl? let alone enough to arm and fund?

Probably not. I guess that's what you get when you pick the lesser of 2 evils at the time. SHould be clear....you pick the lesser evil...if they are successful...they become the greater evil. But leadership does also change.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Probably not. I guess that's what you get when you pick the lesser of 2 evils at the time. SHould be clear....you pick the lesser evil...if they are successful...they become the greater evil. But leadership does also change.

there's no success, they just want to survive.

and who was the lesser of 2 evils w/ saddam? ira...oopppsie! so we were arming both evils, eh? ;)
    standin above the crowd
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
  • Options
    El_Kabong wrote:
    there's no success, they just want to survive.

and who was the lesser of 2 evils w/ saddam? ira...oopppsie! so we were arming both evils, eh? ;)

That's actually the smart way...arm them both let them kill each other. ;)
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    That's actually the smart way...arm them both let them kill each other. ;)

who is it smart for? b/c of this we had to go to war w/ iraq twice, they used our weapons to gas lots of ppl and gave weapons for iran to try and 'wipe israel off the face of the map' and also weapons to give to hezbollah to fire at israel and prolong this war.

fuck the common wo/man and their children, let's get rich and spread our power/influence off helping create and foster conflicts. one side prospers while the other is being completely destroyed and lots and lots of innocent ppl die on both sides b/c of it. that doesn't seem like the smart way to go about things, to me, at least
    standin above the crowd
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
  • Options
    El_Kabong wrote:
    who is it smart for? b/c of this we had to go to war w/ iraq twice, they used our weapons to gas lots of ppl and gave weapons for iran to try and 'wipe israel off the face of the map' and also weapons to give to hezbollah to fire at israel and prolong this war.

fuck the common wo/man and their children, let's get rich and spread our power/influence off helping create and foster conflicts. one side prospers while the other is being completely destroyed and lots and lots of innocent ppl die on both sides b/c of it. that doesn't seem like the smart way to go about things, to me, at least

I can understand your anger...I wasn't really saying it was the smart way...though I'm sure it can be effective, a lot of people have to suffer...just not 'your' people. I wasn't being serious. But I guess my joking isn't working...with or without the smileys...tried it both ways now.
    hippiemom = goodness