Options

Wrong, wrong, wrong...

inmytreeinmytree Posts: 4,741
edited August 2006 in A Moving Train
they say a picture is worth a thousand words....this cartoon say much more than that...enjoy...

http://www.workingforchange.com/comic.cfm?itemid=21166
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,569
    hahaha, good one
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Options
    I've said it once and I'll say it again, Sean Hannity oughta shampoo my crotch.
  • Options
    Ha! Now that's the truth! It doesn't matter how much the facts are stacked up against some of these people, they will still 'stay the course'....even when it's quite obvious, it's the wrong friggin' course.
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    Ha! Now that's the truth! It doesn't matter how much the facts are stacked up against some of these people, they will still 'stay the course'....even when it's quite obvious, it's the wrong friggin' course.
    Just like Colbert said about Bush, "He believes the same things on Wednesday as he did on Monday.....no matter what happened on Tuesday."
  • Options
    hippiemomhippiemom Posts: 3,326
    I <3 Tom Tomorrow.
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." ~ MLK, 1963
  • Options
    I've said it once and I'll say it again, Sean Hannity oughta shampoo my crotch.

Why? Is it that nasty?
    We can evade reality, but we cannot evade the consequences of evading reality. - Ayn Rand
  • Options
    Why? Is it that nasty?
    It's a line from a great movie.....As Good as it Gets. Jack Nicholson says (ironically to a couple of jews), "People who talk in metaphores oughta shampoo my crotch." I think it's funny, that's all. In reality, Sean Hannity would get killed if he came anywhere near my crotch.
  • Options
    It's a line from a great movie.....As Good as it Gets. Jack Nicholson says (ironically to a couple of jews), "People who talk in metaphores oughta shampoo my crotch." I think it's funny, that's all. In reality, Sean Hannity would get killed if he came anywhere near my crotch.

"Sell your crazy somewhere else. We're all stocked up here."

One of my favorte Jack Nicholson lines ever.
    We can evade reality, but we cannot evade the consequences of evading reality. - Ayn Rand
  • Options

lol, yeah, he's mad funny in that movie.
  • Options

Mine, too.
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    lol, yeah, he's mad funny in that movie.

I'm usually not a fan of puntable dogs, but I thought Greg Kinnear's character's dog (Verdell) was pretty darned funny, too.
  • Options
    I'm usually not a fan of puntable dogs, but I thought Greg Kinnear's character's dog (Verdell) was pretty darned funny, too.

When he stepped over the cracks, I wanted to get one of those ankle biters, too. The feeling always passes around an hour or two after watching the movie, though.

-Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    I heard that Verdell took a very untimely vacation to Shanghai earlier this week....
  • Options
    I heard that Verdell took a very untimely vacation to Shanghai earlier this week....

OMG. Don't even joke about that. That was friggin' inhumane. But, given that it was China, why am I surprised?

In all seriousness, that was horrible. If you want to deal with your dog population, try euthanasia. Why do you have to beat them?

Then again, I suppose it makes them more tender for dinner.

A-holes.
  • Options
    PaperPlatesPaperPlates Posts: 1,745
    inmytree wrote:
    they say a picture is worth a thousand words....this cartoon say much more than that...enjoy...

http://www.workingforchange.com/comic.cfm?itemid=21166

Penguin is a typical liberal. Tons of criticism, tons of blaming, zero solutions. I like this cartoon. Sums up whats wrong with the left perfectly. :p
    Why go home

www.myspace.com/jensvad
  • Options
    Penguin is a typical liberal. Tons of criticism, tons of blaming, zero solutions. I like this cartoon. Sums up whats wrong with the left perfectly. :p

*knocks head against wall*
    clunk
    clunk
    clunk

-Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    hailhailkchailhailkc Posts: 582

Haven't you heard? It only takes 8 hours to win a war.
    MOSSAD NATO Alphabet Stations (E10)
    High Traffic ART EZI FTJ JSR KPA PCD SYN ULX VLB YHF
    Low Traffic CIO MIW
    Non Traffic ABC BAY FDU GBZ HNC NDP OEM ROV TMS ZWL
  • Options
    hailhailkc wrote:

What do you expect from a generation raised on video games and movies, where the battle lasts 5 minutes, everyone who dies respawns, and the good guy never dies? Reality? I think not.
    Why go home

www.myspace.com/jensvad
  • Options
    hailhailkc wrote:

haaaa haaaaa haaaaaaaa, good stuff...those stupid libs have no clue...freedom ain't free...we must stay the course...be steadfast and show resolve...

you have to admit...things are going great and the region is more stable than ever...
  • Options
    What do you expect from a generation raised on video games and movies, where the battle lasts 5 minutes, everyone who dies respawns, and the good guy never dies? Reality? I think not.

yup, it was those damn video game playin' libs who got us into this mess...they have no clue what "reality" really is...we were welcomed with open arms and they love us in the middle east and throughout the world...as I've stated, things are stable and we are winning the hearts and minds of everyone in the middle east...they love us...that's reality, right...
  • Options
    hailhailkchailhailkc Posts: 582
    inmytree wrote:
    haaaa haaaaa haaaaaaaa, good stuff...those stupid libs have no clue...freedom ain't free...we must stay the course...be steadfast and show resolve...

you have to admit...things are going great and the region is more stable than ever...

So what exactly is the timetable for bringing a dictatorship like Iraq into a functioning Democracy? If I'm so wrong about it taking a long time, then I would like to hear from the penguins on this board how long it would take to "get 'er done."

Everyone seems to be a dreamer until they're faced with the reality of actually bringing a better way of life to people. Then it's cut and run time. You can add that one to your list…"cut and run."
    MOSSAD NATO Alphabet Stations (E10)
    High Traffic ART EZI FTJ JSR KPA PCD SYN ULX VLB YHF
    Low Traffic CIO MIW
    Non Traffic ABC BAY FDU GBZ HNC NDP OEM ROV TMS ZWL
  • Options
    hailhailkc wrote:
    functioning Democracy
    roflmao....yeah, 'cause that's the goal.
  • Options
    hailhailkc wrote:
    So what exactly is the timetable for bringing a dictatorship like Iraq into a functioning Democracy? If I'm so wrong about it taking a long time, then I would like to hear from the penguins on this board how long it would take to "get 'er done."

Everyone seems to be a dreamer until they're faced with the reality of actually bringing a better way of life to people. Then it's cut and run time. You can add that one to your list…"cut and run."

could you define "long time"...? I personally think 3 years is a "long time"...however, some may think differently...perhaps cheney was wrong..."last throes" ring a bell...

I guess we can justify our stay in a number if different ways...it's my understanding, yesterday, a general stated something to the effect that if there is a civil war in Iraq that we should leave...perhaps someone should tell him he's nothing but a "cut and run" lib...
  • Options
    hailhailkc wrote:

How about just not making such a pointless venture in the first place. The costs out weigh the benefits. They don't want us there. People don't want to send their children over there to be killed spreading 'democracy' to people who obviously don't want us in their business. What is the goal exactly and why is it worth it?

-Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    How about just not making such a pointless venture in the first place. The costs out weigh the benefits. They don't want us there. People don't want to send their children over there to be killed spreading 'democracy' to people who obviously don't want us in their business. What is the goal exactly and why is it worth it?
    The goal is presidential power and it's been accomplished quite well.
  • Options
    inmytree wrote:
    could you define "long time"...? I personally think 3 years is a "long time"...however, some may think differently...perhaps cheney was wrong..."last throes" ring a bell...

I guess we can justify our stay in a number if different ways...it's my understanding, yesterday, a general stated something to the effect that if there is a civil war in Iraq that we should leave...perhaps someone should tell him he's nothing but a "cut and run" lib...

There's a new reason to stay every few months. Next thing you know, they'll have to stay to control an outbreak of SARS.

-Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    There's a new reason to stay every few months. Next thing you know, they'll have to stay to control an outbreak of SARS.

Why? Are we invading Canada?
    Why go home

www.myspace.com/jensvad