Options

This IS why DEATH, CASTRATION, OR LIFE is a MUST!.....

even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
edited August 2006 in A Moving Train
http://www.cbc.ca/story/canada/national/2006/08/01/sask-missingboy.html

Search continues for 2 boys, convicted pedophile
Last Updated Tue, 01 Aug 2006 07:35:36 EDT
CBC News
A Canada-wide search continued Tuesday for a convicted sex offender and the two boys police believe he has abducted.

Zachary Miller, 10, disappeared from his Whitewood-area home on Sunday. (RCMP/Canadian Press) Jordan Bruyere, a 14-year-old aboriginal boy from Winnipeg, and 10-year-old Zachary Miller from Whitewood, Sask., are believed to be with Peter Robert Joseph Whitmore, a convicted pedophile seen in the Whitewood area in the past few days.

A Canada-wide warrant has been issued for Whitmore, 35, who lives in Morinville, Alta.

RCMP Sgt. Tammy Patterson said there was little police could do before the alleged abductions.

"RCMP had no knowledge that Mr. Whitmore was in the province," she told CBC News.

"We only identified him after we started the investigation of the disappearance of Zachary Miller."

Zachary was last seen Sunday afternoon near his home.

Al Balantyne, Jordan's stepfather, said Monday that he last saw his stepson during a drive to Saskatchewan last week with a co-worker.

When their vehicle broke down in Brandon, Balantyne said he took the bus back to Winnipeg to get money, leaving his Jordan with the co-worker, whom he'd known for a week. Balantyne identified the co-worker as Whitmore.

Whitewood Mayor Malcolm Green said his town was a place where most people felt safe, but he added that has now changed.

"This sort of thing shouldn't happen in any community, least of all a community like this where we feel we pride ourselves on having a safe community where we feel our children can walk the streets and people can walk at night," said Green.

Peter Whitmore has a long string of convictions for sexual offences involving children. (RCMP/Canadian Press) "For something like this to happen, it changes things in a hurry."

Shawn Boutin said his children, who go to school with Zachary, have not started asking questions about the abduction.

Boutin said he is not sure what he'll tell them when they do.

"Well, we've told them before not to be close to strangers, but you never know," he said.

"It can come out of the blue, out of anywhere."

Long list of convictions involving children

Police believe Jordan Bruyere, 14, may be travelling with Whitmore. Whitmore is described as six feet tall, white, with a heavy build, brown hair and blue eyes.

He has been jailed several times for crimes involving children. Whitmore served 16 months in custody after being convicted in Ontario in 1993 of abduction and sexual offences involving four boys.

Just nine days after he was released, he took an eight-year-old girl from Guelph, Ont., to Toronto. He received a 56-month sentence.

Weeks after his release in November 2000, Whitmore was found with a 13-year-old boy in a Toronto motel. His sentence for that offence was one year in jail.

In 2002, Whitmore fled to British Columbia after he was accused of more parole violations in Ontario, including befriending a five-year-old boy. When he was arrested by police in B.C., he was carrying latex gloves, duct tape and pictures of young children.

After that arrest, he was given a three-year sentence that included 12 months of psychiatric treatment at Kingston Penitentiary.
You've changed your place in this world!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    your thread title sums it up. I heard about this last night and could not believe my ears. Look at that rap sheet. Sickening.

How much time would this guy have done re-offending as an armed robber, or with multiple drug offences? Probably much more. I don't get it :(
  • Options
    How many chances can a guy get before they realize this is a fucking pattern??? Why does it come to this before the law steps in, FOR REAL??

And I agree with Drowned Out--this guy would have been doing some serious time for drugs/armed robbery. You'd think protecting the welfare of young and innocent children would be a bigger priority!

I am totally sickened and saddend by this. I think any abuse of children should have MAJOR penalties attached! As we can see by this example, this kind of abuse does not stop, it just seems to intensify--why are these people being released back into the public?? It's like a free diddlin' ticket!--go in, get 3 squares, bang a few licence plates out, tell some psyche doc what they want to hear, get out, diddle, diddle, diddle, get caught, get 3 squares...it's not working! It's not helping!
    Forget your perfect offering, there is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in. - Leonard Cohen
  • Options
    What would be nice in an anarchic system, is that we'd be able to find the guy, and just give him some of his own medecine, that would prevent others pervert from doing so, hang them on the public place...
    "L'homme est né libre, et partout il est dans les fers"
    -Jean-Jacques Rousseau
  • Options
    surferdudesurferdude Posts: 2,057
    Having known far to many people who'e gone through this the only penalty I'd like to see in place is life sentence with no parole. I don't believe in the death penalty and I never want these people to roam the streets free after what they've done.
    “One good thing about music,
    when it hits you, you feel to pain.
    So brutalize me with music.”
    ~ Bob Marley
  • Options
    MCGMCG Posts: 780
    How was this guy out of jail at 35 anyways? He's offended like 3 times previously. If that doesn't warrant life in prison what does?
    Which came first,
    the bad idea or me befallen by it?
  • Options
    truroutetruroute Posts: 251
    surferdude wrote:
    Having known far to many people who'e gone through this the only penalty I'd like to see in place is life sentence with no parole. I don't believe in the death penalty and I never want these people to roam the streets free after what they've done.

I do not understand how you cannot agree w/ the death penalty. (in cut/dry cases like this)

Why let this shitbag live? Even if he is in a small cell w/ no chance of getting out for the rest of his life. Why allow this fuck to live on our (every tax payer, canuck or yank) tab?

Fuck that. I agree, public executions should be available today. If you dont wanna see it, then dont look at it, but know its there.
  • Options
    He has been jailed several times for crimes involving children. Whitmore served 16 months in custody after being convicted in Ontario in 1993 of abduction and sexual offences involving four boys.

Just nine days after he was released, he took an eight-year-old girl from Guelph, Ont., to Toronto. He received a 56-month sentence.

Weeks after his release in November 2000, Whitmore was found with a 13-year-old boy in a Toronto motel. His sentence for that offence was one year in jail.

In 2002, Whitmore fled to British Columbia after he was accused of more parole violations in Ontario, including befriending a five-year-old boy. When he was arrested by police in B.C., he was carrying latex gloves, duct tape and pictures of young children.

After that arrest, he was given a three-year sentence that included 12 months of psychiatric treatment at Kingston Penitentiary.

This man RUINED 7 children's lives and he's only served a total of 10 years???

Just please shoot him. First in the balls and then in the head.

This makes me sick.
    Underneath this smile lies everything
    all my hopes, anger, pride and shame...
  • Options
    http://www.cbc.ca/story/canada/national/2006/08/02/standoff-over.html

Boys safe as suspect surrenders in standoff in Saskatchewan
    Last Updated Wed, 02 Aug 2006 07:19:36 EDT
    CBC News
    A 14-year-old boy is safe and a 35-year-old convicted sex offender has surrendered to police after a 10-hour standoff at a farm near Kipling, Sask.

Peter Robert Joseph Whitmore, 35, surrendered late Tuesday after a 10-hour standoff near Kipling, Sask. (Canadian Press) Peter Whitmore surrendered to the RCMP after 10 hours of negotiations at a building near the Manitoba boundary.

Police said that 14-year-old Jordan Bruyere walked out first and that Whitmore came out a few minutes later.

"We have the resolution to this whole investigation everyone was hoping for. That is, everybody is safe and sound at this time and being looked after," RCMP Sgt. Tammy Patterson said late Tuesday night.

Ten-year-old Zachary Miller of Whitewood, Sask., was discovered at the Kipling property Tuesday afternoon. He was reunited with his family and was reported by the RCMP to be in "good condition."

Police said a resident of the Kipling area spotted an abandoned van that matched the description of the vehicle police had been searching for in relation to Zachary's abduction. While the person was investigating, a young boy ran out of a farm building, located about 17 kilometres east of Kipling.

'We have the resolution to this whole investigation everyone was hoping for'
    -RCMP Sgt. Tammy PattersonPolice immediately cordoned off the area and an emergency response team was dispatched.

Zachary disappeared from Whitewood on Sunday, prompting police to issue an Amber Alert and a Canada-wide arrest warrant for Whitmore.

Jordan, a Winnipeg resident, was reported missing in Brandon, Man., on July 22. Winnipeg police were not treating his case as a kidnapping.

Whitmore has spent time in prison for sex crimes involving children. He served 16 months in custody after being convicted in Ontario in 1993 of abduction and sexual offences involving four boys.

Just nine days after he was released, he took an eight-year-old girl from Guelph, Ont., to Toronto. He received a 56-month sentence for a sex offence involving the girl.

His most recent prison sentence, for violating terms of his probation, was served in Chilliwack, B.C., and ended in June 2005.

B.C. authorities successfully applied for a court order, good for one year, to monitor his movements within the province.

Whitmore revealed he was planning to move to Alberta and authorities in that province were alerted, but he failed to show up for a June 29 hearing.
  • Options
    truroutetruroute Posts: 251
    even flow? wrote:
    B.C. authorities successfully applied for a court order, good for one year, to monitor his movements within the province.

Cause this worked so well from the beginning.
  • Options
    truroute wrote:
    Cause this worked so well from the beginning.

I don't think anybody understands that the man has a huge problem. And that it involves his fondness for little boys. You don't just monitor somebody like that. You keep them locked up. Or worse. ;)
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    MCG wrote:
    How was this guy out of jail at 35 anyways? He's offended like 3 times previously. If that doesn't warrant life in prison what does?

In Canada, keeping someone locked up for life, lol. Our justice system, or should I say lack of is a joke.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    beemster wrote:
    In Canada, keeping someone locked up for life, lol. Our justice system, or should I say lack of is a joke.

For child offenders it is a joke...however as a whole I dont mind it...every system has problems....
  • Options
    For child offenders it is a joke...however as a whole I dont mind it...every system has problems....
    We are way too lenient on habitual offenders and violent crime. Race based sentencing should be an insult to every Canadian.

I'm all for giving someone a second chance but in Canada we like to give people a 24th and 25th chance, and it's sickening. Criminals have too many rights in Canada. Rights that come at the expense and safety of law-abiding citizens.
    ~ Bob Marley
  • Options
    surferdude wrote:
    We are way too lenient on habitual offenders and violent crime. Race based sentencing should be an insult to every Canadian.

I'm all for giving someone a second chance but in Canada we like to give people a 24th and 25th chance, and it's sickening. Criminals have too many rights in Canada. Rights that come at the expense and safety of law-abiding citizens.

Child offenders (meaning those that take advantage of children not juvenile offenders) is the worst in this country...however we have many laws that IMHO are fair as compared to other countries..and those are those that are related to non-violent offences.....eg. marijuana possessin in the USA can give you life...where hear it is a slap on the wrist and should remain so (BTW this is an example of a non-violent offence...I dont want to get going on drug policy).......plus I agree violent offences need to be examined more closely as some cases murderers are getting 3 years....like come on!
  • Options
    Child offenders (meaning those that take advantage of children not juvenile offenders) is the worst in this country...however we have many laws that IMHO are fair as compared to other countries..and those are those that are related to non-violent offences.....eg. marijuana possessin in the USA can give you life...where hear it is a slap on the wrist and should remain so (BTW this is an example of a non-violent offence...I dont want to get going on drug policy).......plus I agree violent offences need to be examined more closely as some cases murderers are getting 3 years....like come on!
    In general I like our system. But we need to address how we sentence habitual offenders and violent crime. I want Canada to be a compassionate society, not a stupid society.
    ~ Bob Marley
  • Options
    surferdude wrote:
    In general I like our system. But we need to address how we sentence habitual offenders and violent crime. I want Canada to be a compassionate society, not a stupid society.

When saying habitaul what are you getting to?

I have an idea but I would like to know exactly what you are getting at.
  • Options
    When saying habitaul what are you getting to?

I have an idea but I would like to know exactly what you are getting at.
    Repeat offenders, career criminals. I'd rate a career criminal as anyone with more than say 3 charges against them. And I don't care what the charges are for. Sentences should be exponentially higher for repeat criminals.
    ~ Bob Marley
  • Options
    surferdude wrote:
    Repeat offenders, career criminals. I'd rate a career criminal as anyone with more than say 3 charges against them. And I don't care what the charges are for. Sentences should be exponentially higher for repeat criminals.

Still dependant on charges for me.....armed robbery I agree (actually this shoudl be violent since weapon involved), B&E I agree, drug possession I don't agree (dealing however is different especially crap like meth and crap), meth manufacturing should be one time see you in 20.....
  • Options
    PickrPickr Posts: 161
    Our system needs a serious overhaul. After years of Liberal sympathizing in this country that has only weakened our laws, we have finally got a goverment in here with some balls to stand up for the people of this country. Stricter mandatory minimums, stronger laws for violent offences, and more prisons are now coming into focus. Time and time again we see cases of perps let out of prison far too early only too re-offend. in some cases, the original sentence is a joke in itself as a result of some weak plea agreement between the crown and defence, ie. the deal with the devil Karla Homolka.

We in this country need to realize that when it comes to offences of a sexually deviant nature there is no cure for the offenders. It is a sickness that will only get worse as time goes on. We are essentially setting innocent people up on someones "hope" that a person will not re-offend, sure enough another life is ruined or lost soon thereafter. We allow assholes like Clifford Olsen to barter with law officials for locations of victims bodies so he can be paid for each location one has been found at long after he killed these children, only for him to mock the parents for years after. We even give him the decency for a parole hearing now, at our expense.

I am ashamed of this country for it legal process. We give more credence to the needs of these animals than we do to those who suffer. It's time to take a fucking stand already. If you are convicted of pre-meditated murder that is not in any way self-defense, but for the joy of simply doing it, or to see that twinkle in that little boy or girl's eye finally fade in the last moments of thier life so you can get off, it's time for you to fucking die.

I'm sick of it. Due process it a joke in these situations, appeals are a joke in these situations, and housing these motherfuckers year after years is a joke. They relive thier fantasies in thier mind and still get off on thier crimes. It doesn't matter if they are in prison or not, it's not just the act they love, it's the feeling of power.

I'm done with it. I'm sick of it. And I would love to personally execute every one of these motherfuckers slowly to give them just an ounce of what thier victims went through.

Out
    Stix and Stones may break my bones, but More than Words will never hurt me.
  • Options
    Pickr wrote:
    Our system needs a serious overhaul. After years of Liberal sympathizing in this country that has only weakened our laws, we have finally got a goverment in here with some balls to stand up for the people of this country. Stricter mandatory minimums, stronger laws for violent offences, and more prisons are now coming into focus. Time and time again we see cases of perps let out of prison far too early only too re-offend. in some cases, the original sentence is a joke in itself as a result of some weak plea agreement between the crown and defence, ie. the deal with the devil Karla Homolka.

We in this country need to realize that when it comes to offences of a sexually deviant nature there is no cure for the offenders. It is a sickness that will only get worse as time goes on. We are essentially setting innocent people up on someones "hope" that a person will not re-offend, sure enough another life is ruined or lost soon thereafter. We allow assholes like Clifford Olsen to barter with law officials for locations of victims bodies so he can be paid for each location one has been found at long after he killed these children, only for him to mock the parents for years after. We even give him the decency for a parole hearing now, at our expense.

I am ashamed of this country for it legal process. We give more credence to the needs of these animals than we do to those who suffer. It's time to take a fucking stand already. If you are convicted of pre-meditated murder that is not in any way self-defense, but for the joy of simply doing it, or to see that twinkle in that little boy or girl's eye finally fade in the last moments of thier life so you can get off, it's time for you to fucking die.

I'm sick of it. Due process it a joke in these situations, appeals are a joke in these situations, and housing these motherfuckers year after years is a joke. They relive thier fantasies in thier mind and still get off on thier crimes. It doesn't matter if they are in prison or not, it's not just the act they love, it's the feeling of power.

I'm done with it. I'm sick of it. And I would love to personally execute every one of these motherfuckers slowly to give them just an ounce of what thier victims went through.

Out

Im with you dependant on what you want mandatory minimums for.....however I am not ashamed of my country and never will be....as for the Tories standing up for the people :) (yeah...)...so far out of 10 Harper gets a 4 from me.....not bad since Martin deserved a 4.5-5.....