Flowers . . .

1568101121

Comments

  • Lizard wrote:
    9-3-07027.jpg

    9-3-07016.jpg


    What kind of flowers are these? I don't think I've ever seen anything like them!
    Beautiful flowers everyone, I'm catching up on everyone's photos again,
  • Rock onRock on Posts: 216
    What kind of flowers are these? I don't think I've ever seen anything like them!

    Its a vine passion flower.

    I like this one, sticking its tongue out. :p

    IMG_1165-1.jpg
  • Rock on wrote:
    Its a vine passion flower.

    I like this one, sticking its tongue out. :p

    IMG_1165-1.jpg


    Thanks Rock on, this photo is beautiful also, so crisp! What kind of camera do you use?
  • melodiousmelodious Posts: 1,719
    Rock on wrote:
    Its a vine passion flower.

    I like this one, sticking its tongue out. :p

    IMG_1165-1.jpg
    if a flower is God's way to tantra, then certainly you captured such spirit in this photo, LOVELY.
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • LizardLizard So CalPosts: 11,982
    What kind of flowers are these? I don't think I've ever seen anything like them!
    Beautiful flowers everyone, I'm catching up on everyone's photos again,

    Yeah--Rock on is correct. It is a passion flower that took over my yard from the neighbor's!! I find the way they got the name interesting--nothing to with romantic love---

    "Passion" does not refer to love, but to the Christian theological icon of the passion of Christ on the cross. In the 15th and 16th centuries, Spanish Christian missionaries discovered this flower and adopted its unique physical structures, particularly the numbers of its various parts, as symbols of the last days of Jesus Christ and especially the Crucifixion. For example: the radial filaments which can number more than a hundred and vary from flower to flower were taken to represent the Crown of Thorns. The ten petals and sepals can represent the ten faithful apostles. The top 3 stigmata can represent the 3 nails and the lower 5 anthers the 5 wounds. The flower has been given names related to this symbolism throughout Europe since that time. . . .

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Passiflora
    Is it over yet? #ITMFA  #ETTD
  • Lizard wrote:
    Yeah--Rock on is correct. It is a passion flower that took over my yard from the neighbor's!! I find the way they got the name interesting--nothing to with romantic love---

    "Passion" does not refer to love, but to the Christian theological icon of the passion of Christ on the cross. In the 15th and 16th centuries, Spanish Christian missionaries discovered this flower and adopted its unique physical structures, particularly the numbers of its various parts, as symbols of the last days of Jesus Christ and especially the Crucifixion. For example: the radial filaments which can number more than a hundred and vary from flower to flower were taken to represent the Crown of Thorns. The ten petals and sepals can represent the ten faithful apostles. The top 3 stigmata can represent the 3 nails and the lower 5 anthers the 5 wounds. The flower has been given names related to this symbolism throughout Europe since that time. . . .

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Passiflora



    Thanks for sharing the description of the flower, I scrolled back and forth between the text and your photos. Also, the liturgical color for Lent is purple, between the physical characteristics and color, I can see how it got its name. You're right, that was really interesting.
  • Rock onRock on Posts: 216
    Thanks Rock on, this photo is beautiful also, so crisp! What kind of camera do you use?

    Thank you brokenarrow and melodious. :) I have a Canon AS590 IS set on macro for these.

    These are from a conservatory at Seattle's Volunteer Park shot 2 weeks ago.

    IMG_1171-1.jpg

    IMG_1161-1.jpg

    IMG_1168-1.jpg
  • chadwickchadwick up my assPosts: 21,157
    heartflower.jpg

    nice, Lauren
    very nice
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

    "Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

    Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • chadwickchadwick up my assPosts: 21,157
    hibiscus.jpg

    Lauren, pretty flower picture lady
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

    "Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

    Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • chadwickchadwick up my assPosts: 21,157
    justam wrote:
    100_0615.jpg

    thats pretty awesome, justam
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

    "Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

    Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • chadwickchadwick up my assPosts: 21,157
    Rock on wrote:
    Its a vine passion flower.

    I like this one, sticking its tongue out. :p

    IMG_1165-1.jpg

    good one, Rockdude
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

    "Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

    Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • chadwickchadwick up my assPosts: 21,157
    Rock on wrote:
    Thank you brokenarrow and melodious. :) I have a Canon AS590 IS set on macro for these.

    These are from a conservatory at Seattle's Volunteer Park shot 2 weeks ago.

    IMG_1171-1.jpg

    IMG_1161-1.jpg

    IMG_1168-1.jpg

    nice nice and nice
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

    "Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

    Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • FifthelementFifthelement LotuslandPosts: 6,365
    Alnwick Gardens, England - August 2008

    englandaugust2008009.jpg
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,330
    ^^^ This one is very appealing fifthelement. :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • FifthelementFifthelement LotuslandPosts: 6,365
    justam wrote:
    ^^^ This one is very appealing fifthelement. :)


    Thank you. Here's another one . . .

    englandaugust2008025.jpg
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • FifthelementFifthelement LotuslandPosts: 6,365
    001-1.jpg
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • FifthelementFifthelement LotuslandPosts: 6,365
    Flowers in the garden :D I love Spring :P



    009.jpg




    016.jpg




    012.jpg




    008.jpg




    028.jpg





    033.jpg





    025.jpg
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • finnanniefinnannie Posts: 1,186
    great photos! :) and beautiful flowers! :mrgreen:
    Won't let the light escape from me.
    Won't let the darkness swallow me.
  • FifthelementFifthelement LotuslandPosts: 6,365
    finnannie wrote:
    great photos! :) and beautiful flowers! :mrgreen:


    Thank you. The front and back yard are so pretty right now. I just had to get out there with the camera yesterday to take some pictures :D
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,330
    Fifthelement, I like those new flowers you put up too! :)

    I especially like this picture-->
    001-1.jpg
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • FifthelementFifthelement LotuslandPosts: 6,365
    justam wrote:
    Fifthelement, I like those new flowers you put up too! :)

    I especially like this picture-->
    001-1.jpg


    Thanks. I think that is one of my favourites as well. I love the lichen on the cherry tree and the contrast of the different colours of flowers and foliage.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,330


    Thanks. I think that is one of my favourites as well. I love the lichen on the cherry tree and the contrast of the different colours of flowers and foliage.

    Yes. :)

    I need to get outside today and take some pictures of the tulips around here. They are beautiful right now but they'll be past it in a few days!! :P
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • FifthelementFifthelement LotuslandPosts: 6,365
    151.jpg
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
    more cherry blossoms please :D
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • FifthelementFifthelement LotuslandPosts: 6,365
    more cherry blossoms please :D

    O'tay :D


    010.jpg
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
    more cherry blossoms please :D

    O'tay :D


    010.jpg
    *swoon* thanks a bunch!
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • milarsomilarso Posts: 1,280
    img013.jpg
    "The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,330
    milarso wrote:
    img013.jpg
    Nice!! :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • FifthelementFifthelement LotuslandPosts: 6,365
    Very nice Milarso. I love the different layers of colour behind the flowers.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
Sign In or Register to comment.