Options

Cloud of birds

KushikushunKushikushun Posts: 1,263
edited March 2007 in The Art Wall
I always love these clouds of birds that sail on the winds making these beautiful art-forms in the sky. They are breathtaking and when I see them dancing like that I have to be careful not to crash my car...

So I am looking for some images and maybe movies of these natural artists...

Here is one to start of with:

dn8186-1_700.jpg
Why not be mediocre and be the best at it that you can be?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    And here you can find a really cool video of some freakin' awesome Picasso birdies ;)

watch?v=9w4wVljTX-o
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,396
    Wow.

(I'm the same way about being careful not to crash when I'm watching something like that. Beauty can be so distracting! :) )
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    watch?v=Z2JE2-hdkJg

And another cool one...sometimes hard to see, but cool nonetheless.

Does any share this facination with me?
    And can anyone tell me why they do this....?
  • Options
    JamalJamal Posts: 2,115
    Well, I must admit I'm amazed at these 'natural artists' as you call them (I prefer to call them birds though :D)

And the photo you posted looks almost surreal, it's almost as if the stream of birds evolves from a fluid unity into solid individuals going their own way.

In many aspects, this behaviour resembles the life of any being, I think....
    We are molded in life and eventually go our own ways, spreading out, yet death shall reunite us one day... and turn us back to the clay we once were.

I know this sounds like a lot of bs, but people who don't sleep much have way too much time on their hands to think about this sort of things.
    :D
    Surf little waves big... Charge big waves hard

- Antwerp '06, Nijmegen '07, Werchter '07
  • Options
    Jamal wrote:
    Well, I must admit I'm amazed at these 'natural artists' as you call them (I prefer to call them birds though :D)

And the photo you posted looks almost surreal, it's almost as if the stream of birds evolves from a fluid unity into solid individuals going their own way.

In many aspects, this behaviour resembles the life of any being, I think....
    We are molded in life and eventually go our own ways, spreading out, yet death shall reunite us one day... and turn us back to the clay we once were.

I know this sounds like a lot of bs, but people who don't sleep much have way too much time on their hands to think about this sort of things.
    :D

Haha...no problems Jamal...I love people who think like this, especially when they are as young as you are ;)

I think this Bird-thing is "god" messing with our heads :D
    And I think you are so right, we are connected yet we are not...
    Just wish we people could fly like this too. Freakin' birds, got me all jealous.

The picture is great and not mine unfortunetely, but the film and the way they act in real life amazes me even more. I really wanna know why they do this, and how they do it too??
    Well, in the Zen-tradition people would probably say they are simply catching mosquitos...:rolleyes:

Goodluck with your knee, and to bed early young man!
  • Options
    Goodluck with your knee, and to bed early young man!
    Thanks

and Ma'am yes ma'am ;)

• Options
    sushisushi Posts: 4
    oh my dear lord.
    i wish i could fly,
    its amazing to think we'd all return to the earth, kamal, just be reunited, over and over again in this cycle.
    it'd be brilliant to take a shot like that, its like a thousand birds united as one entity, soaring above everything we know.
    beautiful, its like music! just surpassing the boundaries of our lives, the confines of our ego-universe and showing us a glimpse of something beyond that
    theres almost an urgency to it
    like the way i feel with 'in my tree'
    brilliant.
  • Options
    sushisushi Posts: 4
    sorry man, jamal.. typo
    and thankyou for the photo kushikushun
  • Options
    DELETEDDELETED Posts: 421
    I always love these clouds of birds that sail on the winds making these beautiful art-forms in the sky. They are breathtaking and when I see them dancing like that I have to be careful not to crash my car...

So I am looking for some images and maybe movies of these natural artists...

Here is one to start of with:

dn8186-1_700.jpg

:eek::eek::eek: Wow. That's amazing, great work!!! :D

"And the flock of feathered creatures produced a cloud of endearing beauty occuring as it adheres to the sky ahead"
  • Options
    :eek::eek::eek: Wow. That's amazing, great work!!! :D

"And the flock of feathered creatures produced a cloud of endearing beauty occuring as it adheres to the sky ahead"
    Beatifully put :)

@ Sushi : no worries... as long as it's not 'camel'...

• Options
    Jamal wrote:

Haha :D

Great that I got you so inspired people! Love what you wrote :)

Just unhappy with the fact that that picture doesnt seem to exist anymore...hmmm... lets see if I can get it back somehow.

Greetings, earthlings!
  • Options
    DELETEDDELETED Posts: 421
    Jamal wrote:

Why thank ya ;)