Options

Ed in disguise....

chelseagirl65chelseagirl65 Posts: 13
edited March 2006 in The Art Wall
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    KosmicJelliKosmicJelli Posts: 1,855
    Do not judge, lest ye be judged... hey, everyone has an opinion. Personally & in short, I think yours sucks! I'm not even gonna spend any more time on it, in fact....
  • Options
    Sharon_Hearts_PJSharon_Hearts_PJ Bristol, PA Posts: 1,383
    Way to offer up constructive criticism. Don't bother letting the girl know why you're of this opinion. Not important, right?
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • Options
    civ_eng_girlciv_eng_girl Posts: 2,001
    Do not judge, lest ye be judged... hey, everyone has an opinion. Personally & in short, I think yours sucks! I'm not even gonna spend any more time on it, in fact....

ummm.... KJ, we don't play that way on the Art Wall....

chelseagirl65 - i think your drawing is really well done... what medium is it in?
    i wish I could read the words though, because i'm not sure i understand the premise.... although i do remember pictures of Ed in his mask....
    ~~*~~ ...i surfaced and all of my being was enlightend... ~~*~~
  • Options
    DavanitaDavanita Posts: 854

nice one.. why don't you go to wtf.com and vent your agression there. keep it off the art wall.

i think the illustration is pretty funny - from what i understand of it.. i can't read the words..
    Jon Stewart: "[about Russia's new president]...Dmitri Medevvvevv.... Dmitri Meh..... Dmitri M.! Or... as George W. Bush would probably pronounce it... Eddie Vedder."
    Hey Jo? Where ya goin' wid dat paintbrushg in ya hands? I remember that photo devil mask session in 1993. Ignore these kids. They weren't even born when Pearl Jam were around. :D;)

You're good. And I like the captions.
  • Options
    My friends call me Kos...I value art.... I have an opinion...I'm going to express it...
  • Options
    FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    My friends call me Kos...I value art.... I have an opinion...I'm going to express it...

I know. ;) I was teasing. Honestly, Ed wore a mask just like that at Brixton 1993 (I've seen him wear it), and for a subsequent photoshoot. The artist is just noting Ed's sudden fondness for wine/beer/masks around the pre-Vs. time. That's all. :)
  • Options
    oh...lol...doh...I don't follow band pics...thanks for the clarification! btw I was going to say if someone looks at my portfolio and says they don't like my illustrations, I don't rant that's not how we play! I consider it criticism!
    Now here is where I am going to go into a tangent. I'm not speaking as an art expert nor did I want to pull this card, however, I do hold four different educational recognitions in the field of art and design! One, being a Baccalaureate Degree in Graphic Arts from Columbia in Chicago, an Associate of Arts Degree in Illustration from College of DuPage and two technical school certificates in Graphic Arts and Floral Art & Design. Ahem...now, I guess I find art in all places. I can see the magic, the beauty and ugliness of "LIFE" and know that it can be expressed in many different ways through some type of Humanity (which makes us human)...um...Music, Litetrature & Visual Expression all the many different forms it takes together and separately. I guess I get turned off by people telling me that I can't have an OPINION! Hell! Isn't that what Art is? AN OPINION OF THE WORLD AROUND US?
  • Options
    FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    Post some of your work, please, in another thread? :)
  • Options
    ummm.... KJ, we don't play that way on the Art Wall....

chelseagirl65 - i think your drawing is really well done... what medium is it in?
    i wish I could read the words though, because i'm not sure i understand the premise.... although i do remember pictures of Ed in his mask....

i agree civ. if someone is brave enough to share their work with us here on the art wall and you don't care for it, there's no need to react like that, and what kj refers to as criticism is actually just being rude.

chelseagirl, please post some more. thanks for sharing your work with us. :)
  • Options
    http://spaces.msn.com/jodievine/photos/

Thanks for all your kind comments... although...

Hmmmm KJ… whose exactly is the one ranting here… and for your information, everyone at Kelly Curtis (at the time) thought it was funny. Infact I was given a very cool commemorative award (also on the above link) as a thanks you for all the illustrations I had done in the past and because “everyone else at Kelly Curtis got one” when PJ went double platinum.

And I don’t mind criticism, infact I welcome it with open arms, but generally I have a more constructive way to venting this other than “it sucks” Careful your showing your maturity, or should I say lack of!

Nuff said!
  • Options
    civ_eng_girlciv_eng_girl Posts: 2,001
    wow! they sent you that plaque for sending in your illustrations?? that's awesome! congratulations! :D

i just saw the other one with all 5 guys - that's cute too! i like Mike in it the best.... :)
    ~~*~~ ...i surfaced and all of my being was enlightend... ~~*~~