Options

Mike McCready painting

evilbobevilbob Posts: 37
edited October 2006 in The Art Wall
A friend of mine is working on a painting of Mike, still a work in progress but it looks pretty amazing to me already. Check it out at the link below.

http://www.tryevolution.blogspot.com/
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    civ_eng_girlciv_eng_girl Posts: 2,001
    stunning!!! love it! :D:D:D

i love seeing how other people go about creating their work.....
    how peoples' processes can be totally different....
    very interesting! :):)
    ~~*~~ ...i surfaced and all of my being was enlightend... ~~*~~
  • Options
    I dig it...I think some cools greens or blues would really make it "pop" and look more 3d. I like the screen print quality about it too.
  • Options
    moyboymoyboy Posts: 131
    love it
  • Options
    Deadlee74Deadlee74 Posts: 146
    thats really good. Like the way its coming along, and like seeing the process.
    Good Job
    I'm wondering, about wondering...
    My PJ Art Gallery
    http://www.angelfire.com/il3/leespjartpage/index.htm
  • Options
    I can't paint worth shit, but I can draw. But I can recognize good painting when I see it and that is amazing. That painting inspires me to draw something PJ related.
    Oh he fills it up with the love of a girl...
  • Options
    Just wanted to post a big thank you for all the positive coments and also a thanks to EvilBob for starting the thread. I started this painting as a personal thing after being inspired by the recent Dublin gig. Myself, EvilBob and a few other good buddies were up there in the 10c pit amongst all the other hardcore jammers. An amazing night to say the least, as I'm sure anyone who's been to one of the recent shows will understand. Anyway, this painting is just my little homage to a great guitar player and the greatest band in the world. It's cool that others are digging it and I'll continue to post updates on the blog til it's finished.

http://www.tryevolution.blogspot.com
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    the color choices...superb! also, the compostion, really tight. well done! can't wait to see it *complete.* :cool:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    DavanitaDavanita Posts: 854
    that's awesome man (Y)
    love it :)
    Jon Stewart: "[about Russia's new president]...Dmitri Medevvvevv.... Dmitri Meh..... Dmitri M.! Or... as George W. Bush would probably pronounce it... Eddie Vedder."
    Nice job.

Is it me or does the pic kinda resemble Stone too?
  • Options
    RyFlyRyFly Brooklyn Posts: 42
    That is very cool. I've been thinking whether or not I should put some color in mine. I like them how they are though. Maybe I can make a coloring book!

They are in the drawing section of my site if you have not seen them already.
    Ryan F.

Indianapolis 00, Chicago 03, Alpine Valley 03, Toledo 04, Grand Rapids 04, Chicago 06, Chicago 06, Grand Rapids 06, Cleveland 06, Milwaukee 06, Lollapalooza 07, Chicago 09, Chicago 09, Philadelphia 12, Brooklyn 13, Moline 14, New York 16, Brooklyn (Rock Hall of Fame) 17,
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,135
    RyFly wrote:
    That is very cool. I've been thinking whether or not I should put some color in mine. I like them how they are though. Maybe I can make a coloring book!

They are in the drawing section of my site if you have not seen them already.

Nice work...I should commision you to do some drawings/paintings with psoters from shows I've seen as the background.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    I managed to get the painting finished. It's not a great pic. I'll try to post a better one.

tryevolution@blogspot.com
  • Options
    PJ-Sin wrote:
    Nice job.

Is it me or does the pic kinda resemble Stone too?
    Hmmm, glasses?

Either way, it's a damn fine painting. Nice one, Evilbob!