Options

samplage #2

Dreams of RedDreams of Red Posts: 203
edited September 2005 in The Art Wall
okay folks, i've promised and i always intend on making good.. so here is a little taste of things to come from my secret window to the world. i hope you enjoy, and please don't hold back, all criticisms and compliments will be truly noted--final edit begins Monday!

oh, right, i guess i should explain.. ive been working on a book for some time now, at least sometimes i am working on, and it should be ready for this experimental process called "on-demand" publishing, so if you like what you see, maybe you could help me stir-up some demand? word of mouth is always the best form of advertising, so ya know, whatever. i'm not really too comfortable with the idea of selling myself, but i guess thats how the world works or something.

okay, i'll be checking back periodically, as always, to monitor response and offer replies..

also gotta add: thanks to PJ and to everyone here, the fans, for the constant source of inspiration and motivation..

keep on rockin'!!!!

http://community.webshots.com/user/trae0
i'm a thief... and a liar...

see Ed's church?--he's breathing fire.....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    minamina Posts: 152
    At first, I am glad to be able to look your photos.

I felt "breath" and "human nature" from these photographs.

It is valuable!!

I like "Plate-06" "What-do-you-see?" "From-a-soft-parade" in particular.

A feeling of air may have been transmitted through "Self-Portraits".

Thanks!!!
  • Options
    thanks mina, youre always so kind!

i dont know about 'valuable', but hopefully at least i can produce something pleasing or soothing for others before i die.

i'm curious, what do you mean by "a feeling of air"? as in 'nothingness'?

thanks for saying something!

• Options
    minamina Posts: 152
    "a feeling of air"

It became the sense that I was there.

ps Words were not appropriate.

It is precious!!

Did it come across well?
  • Options
    i agree, pictures are so much better than words.. not so sure about mine, but i try. either way, thanks for saying so!

and something makes me feel like you should have been there, someway or another.. something about kindred spirits that traverses distance, space, and time.. i guess it's an "understanding" thing or whatever.. like perception and consciousness.

thanks also for always enlivening me, these days i really need it!

let's keep talking!

• Options
    the nature pics are very soothing, peaceful....beautiful textures.

i quite enjoyed the disarray of the self-portrait, i really love portraits that reveal more by what they don't show - your face - than what they do - loads of stuff...speaks volumes of what you see as *you*. well done.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    the nature pics are very soothing, peaceful....beautiful textures.

i quite enjoyed the disarray of the self-portrait, i really love portraits that reveal more by what they don't show - your face - than what they do - loads of stuff...speaks volumes of what you see as *you*. well done.

:)

thanks. i feel the same way.. "What's in a name" kind of thing.. name/face, whatever, appearances are horseshit.

there are actually at least 8 original photographs scattered throughout that one image, and maybe twice that amount.. [i will never tell;)]

honestly though, i'm glad you said what you did.. that comment means the world to me now, and no one can ever take it away from me.. so i owe you my life..

just gimme 3 years, then i'm all yours!;)

• Options
    :)

thanks. i feel the same way.. "What's in a name" kind of thing.. name/face, whatever, appearances are horseshit.

there are actually at least 8 original photographs scattered throughout that one image, and maybe twice that amount.. [i will never tell;)]

honestly though, i'm glad you said what you did.. that comment means the world to me now, and no one can ever take it away from me.. so i owe you my life..

just gimme 3 years, then i'm all yours!;)

you're welcome. :)

as to the rest......:confused:...i don't quite *get* it....and, why three years??? ;)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    you're welcome. :)

as to the rest......:confused:...i don't quite *get* it....and, why three years??? ;)

apparently we're speaking different languages... you dont 'understand my words'? or 'physically receive/get my life'? or are you referring to the fact that there are 8+ of my original photographs within the picture? sorry i am feeling kind of dense this morning... ive been typing so much lately my lungs feel like they are filled with aluminum-dust or something nastily artificial.

"why 3 years?": because i am a very busy guy.. worlds to save, women to love, the whole sha-bang ya know! ahhh, suddenly the air tastes much better on the inside. i've got asthma, so the air i taste and breath has got to be conditioned just right or i start to suffocate and go insane. it's a daily problem.

anyway, i hope you are doing well, it's been so long since we've actually chatted personally i am feeling mostly responsible and thus very guilty..

thanks for the message, ill be a-round;)

• Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    apparently we're speaking different languages... you dont 'understand my words'? or 'physically receive/get my life'? or are you referring to the fact that there are 8+ of my original photographs within the picture? sorry i am feeling kind of dense this morning... ive been typing so much lately my lungs feel like they are filled with aluminum-dust or something nastily artificial.

"why 3 years?": because i am a very busy guy.. worlds to save, women to love, the whole sha-bang ya know! ahhh, suddenly the air tastes much better on the inside. i've got asthma, so the air i taste and breath has got to be conditioned just right or i start to suffocate and go insane. it's a daily problem.

anyway, i hope you are doing well, it's been so long since we've actually chatted personally i am feeling mostly responsible and thus very guilty..

thanks for the message, ill be a-round;)

bit of a delayed response on my end - haha - but i've been a busy dreamer myself. :p

ahhh, suddenly the air tastes much better on the inside.

i love that line. :)
    and i still fully enjoy your pics. soon enough when i get motivated - big haha :D - i will DL all my prague pics and will be sure to post a few here. hope i will run into you here soon. take care and do share more work.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...