Options

NYers: William Wegman - Funney/Strange

decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
edited February 2006 in The Art Wall
no, i didn't misspell 'funny' - that is how it is. thought perhaps some of you NY area jammers might be interested. william wegman, one of my most fave photographers, is having a retrospective exhibition at the brooklyn museum of art.

http://www.brooklynmuseum.org/event/86195

the show opens to the public march 10th and if you are a museum member a preview opening march 8th. i can't wait to go! brilliant stuff. ooooo, a talk with the artist, 3pm march 11th.

btw - the museum has a suggested contribution for admission of $8...but that means, you can give whatever you want, less or more.
Stay with me...
Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    if you are interested to view some of his work:

http://www.imageexchange.com/mvx10/engine.cgi?cid=785RiHU25jkdSfgN967Zw1WNap&store=wegman&body=sku5&basecat=postcards&nav=yes&view=1&page=index

couldn't find any else with good views of his photographs, but looking at prints/postcards of his stuff...just click on a few to get an idea. he has a great sense of humor to his work...such satire.....and has always been considered a conceptual artist. he started as a painter....before moving onto photography as his medium of choice.....and weimeraners as his subject of choice. ;) also he has shot the bulk of his work with an 18X24 polaroid camera....which i think adds more to his work.......great scale and sense of uniqueness to his prints.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    Looks like a fun exhibit d2d!!

I wish I was in NYC to go see it... alas... I am waaaaayy up here in Toronto... ;)
    ~~*~~ ...i surfaced and all of my being was enlightend... ~~*~~
  • Options
    Looks like a fun exhibit d2d!!

I wish I was in NYC to go see it... alas... I am waaaaayy up here in Toronto... ;)

yes, it does. :)
    i am really looking forward to it. i like it too b/c the art is much more *accessible*. my husband is of the mind one must 'understand' the art, why and how it was made....etc.....one who does not trust his own judgements for liking/disliking....although he will fully say he doesn't have appreciation for most modern art. however, i find that true for a great many outside of an art background. so, photography is that much more approachable, especially pictures of dogs. :p we'll see how much he enjoys his earlier, conceptual art and video installations. :D either way, a fun day out.
    i'll ride the wave where it takes me