Options

Credit Card question for Camden Reservation

Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,536
edited April 2008 in The Porch
What does this mean in the confirmation email?

"1) Your credit card will not be charged until the show is confirmed, which is likely to happen after the public on-sale on April 4th.

2) Funds for the ticket order have been authorized on your credit card. Authorizations are held for a period of 7-10 business days or until the credit card is charged."

Whats the difference?
Turn this anger into
Nuclear fission
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,449
    Vedd Hedd wrote:
    What does this mean in the confirmation email?

"1) Your credit card will not be charged until the show is confirmed, which is likely to happen after the public on-sale on April 4th.

2) Funds for the ticket order have been authorized on your credit card. Authorizations are held for a period of 7-10 business days or until the credit card is charged."

Whats the difference?

they haven't run the charge, however, they have "reserved" the cost of the tickets against your credit line.

So, if you credit limit is $1,000, and the tickets will cost $100, then $100 of your credit limit is on hold for a possible charge, and thus, only $900 is available on your credit card.
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    they haven't run the charge, however, they have "reserved" the cost of the tickets against your credit line.

So, if you credit limit is $1,000, and the tickets will cost $100, then $100 of your credit limit is on hold for a possible charge, and thus, only $900 is available on your credit card.

gotcha.

Thanks.
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    I'm a dunce.

I just re-read the sticky.

Read, people!!! Read!!!
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    it means keep the money in their untouched until the show is added, and if not spend it all
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows