Options

Do you like table top easels

Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,253
edited November 2006 in The Art Wall
or do you need to stand to paint?
There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    i sit when i paint...

i don't use an easel though.... if i need to, i might prop the canvass up against something, but for the most part, i end up laying it down flat and on an angle, almost as if i were drawing....
    ~~*~~ ...i surfaced and all of my being was enlightend... ~~*~~
  • Options
    FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    I haven't painted in oils, for a few years. I should do. It was a grand passion of mine, even though I wasn't very good at it. I had an adjustable easel; sometimes I'd sit at it, and other times, I'd stand. It depended what I was painting, and what angle/light I wanted to portray.
  • Options
    pacifierpacifier Posts: 1,009
    i haven't painted in a long time, but when i did i mainly painted sitting on the groun with the painting propped up by my legs or with the painting flat on the ground with me leaning over. i bought a table top easle but rarely use it.
  • Options
    I assume with water colors I could just clean the brushes with water and soap - Yes? How do you clean brushes dipped in oil paints? Do you have to have turpentine? Is it a big hassle compared to water colors?
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    I find vegetable oil works.
  • Options
    I find vegetable oil works.
    So, I dip my brushes in Olive Oil - that's kindof sexy. Or does it actually have to be vegetable oil?
  • Options
  • Options
    Ms. Haiku wrote:
    Ok, so ANY cheap vegetable oil. Gotcha.
    The idea of oil on my hands to smush between the bristles still seems kindof sexy though, you know :D