Options

Submissions wanted for first issue of

Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,256
edited April 2007 in The Art Wall
Trading Stories with the Leaves

Graphic Design: Dunkman1974
Editor: VictoryGin
Project Manager: Ms. Haiku

Trading Stories with the Leaves is a PJ Fanzine comprised of volunteer staff and artists/writers that ultimately will be presented as a gift to Pearl Jam, and will be posted on the internet as a pdf for all. The subject focus per issue will be a Pearl Jam album. Visual and verbal art, current event commentaries, reviews, and feature interviews will be included in each issue, but they should all relate back at least broadly to the album theme songs/lyrics/music/message in some way. Font size 11/any font style.

Album Theme for Issue #1: No Code

Cover page – dunkman1974

Inside cover page, with writer/artist credits and contents listing – Ms. Haiku

In My Tree Section:
Editorial page – VictoryGin

Immortality Section:
Poetry/Prose – 5 total submissions/250 words max each
If interested, please email tradingstories1@yahoo.com, and include Immortality in the subject line.

Present Tense Section:
Reviews (book/movie/music etc) – 10 total submissions/500 words max each
If interested, please email tradingstories1@yahoo.com, and include Present Tense in the subject line.

Release Section:
Visual art (painting/photographs etc) – 10 total submissions/8.5x11” Size image each. If interested, please email tradingstories1@yahoo.com, and include Release in the subject line.

Mankind Section:
Recipes - 3 total submissions/1 page total each
If interested, please email tradingstories1@yahoo.com, and include Mankind in the subject line.

Evacuation Section:
Current events – 5 total submissions/500 words max each
If interested, please email tradingstories1@yahoo.com, and include Evacuation in the subject line.

Wishlist Section:
Music Trends to Watch – 5 total submissions/500 words max each
If interested, please email tradingstories1@yahoo.com, and include Wishlist in the subject line.

Leash Section:
Best Live Concert Memories – 5 total submissions/500 words max each
If interested, please email tradingstories1@yahoo.com, and include Leash in the subject line.

Push Me, Pull Me Section:
Feature #1: Board Fan interviews Board Fan – 1 total submission/1000 words max each. If interested, please email tradingstories1@yahoo.com, and include Push Me, Pull Me in the subject line. Please note if you submit your name to be either interviewer or interviewee, then there is a chance you could be one or the other. Start at about 5 questions, and see what happens.

Don’t Gimme No Lip Section:
Feature #2: Dunkman1974 interviews notable figures – ?

Big Wave Section:
Competition – Pearl Jam Bookmark Design to be judged by Ms. Haiku.
If interested, please email tradingstories1@yahoo.com, and include Big Wave in the subject line. As Ms. Haiku is the one judging the winner may be picked from a hat.

All submissions due by January 15, 2007.

A few notes:
Copyright your work. If anyone knows how to do it, please post instructions.

This is not sanctioned by Pearl Jam, but inspired by them :)

Please include the name you would like to appear in the contents listing of the fanzine. Is it your Synergy Board Name, your real name, a nickname, etc.

If more than the maximum number are submitted for a particular section then the submissions to be included will be picked out of a hat. For instance, if more than 5 posters submit items for the Leash section, then I will put all the names in a hat, and notify those that did not get picked this time. Any questions, please send to tradingstories1@yahoo.com.
There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Regarding copyright: Thanks to wilfmiss
    Each contributor will have a copyright in their own material as soon as it is created and put into "fixed form," i.e., written down, photograph applied to paper, etc. The author/creator can mail himself or herself a copy of the document to create evidence of the date of creation. DO NOT OPEN THE MAIL WHEN IT IS RETURNED TO YOU. This will help protect the author's individual work. - Recommended.

Also, please include permission in your submission email that your work can be
    included in Trading Stories with the Leaves #1 and subsequent issues.

Number of Submissions
    You can submit as many items as you want, but for fairness sake, only one item will appear from any poster in each issue. If only 2 people submit recipes, but 30 people submit concert reviews, and one of the recipe people is also a concert review person, then that person’s recipe would be included, and not the concert review.

Name
    Please emphasis how you want your name to appear. For instance, just write, “I want my name to appear as . . .” and fill in the blank.

Theme
    No Code is the theme. When you submit your work, please include a sentence, “This relates to No Code because . . . “and fill in the blank. If your work doesn’t directly relate to No Code, be creative, and make something up. Now, as the gatekeeper, I may be slacking in the No Code relationship department, but I love word count tools. If you submit work, and it’s more than the maximum number of words, I will ask you to edit it.

Thank you for your interest, and patience!
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options