Options

~*!!My Benaroya Paintings!!*~

2»

Comments

• Options
    Thank you, everyone, for your kind words.

All of these offers to buy them are EXTREMELY flattering! However, I don't think i'm prepared to part with them.

And plus, I don't think i could profit off someone else's ideas... remember, I didn't create these images, i only painted a copy of them... :)

Love you all!
    Civ.

ps. The redocoration of the dining room is not happening very quickly. But all of your encouraging replys will help me kick it into gear so i can show you the finished product! :D
    ~~*~~ ...i surfaced and all of my being was enlightend... ~~*~~
  • Options
    Born2JamBorn2Jam Posts: 255
    That is beyond beautiful, civ. You have done a wonderful job and are extremely talented. Thanks for sharing.

Can't say it any better, so I'll just say "Ditto".
    "This band has provided many people a soundtrack to their lives.." ~ CitizenRick
  • Options
    IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    *jaw drops to floor, bone cracks*

:eek:

Wow....*looks dazed*

Wow....

Those would look great in our red music room. :D

What, you are my best friend, right? righhttt????

Haha - great job, civ!!!! :)
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • Options
    those truly are some gorgeous pieces! i've rarely seen anything so well done.

perfection!

do you have a place where we can see more of your work? please?
  • Options
    civ_eng_girlciv_eng_girl Posts: 2,001
    Well - they're finally up on the wall in the dining room.... here they are!

DSC00087.jpg

DSC00088.jpg

Thanks again for all the compliments guys! you 'da best! :)
  • Options
    those truly are some gorgeous pieces! i've rarely seen anything so well done.

perfection!

do you have a place where we can see more of your work? please?

here's the link to the rest of the stuff that i've scanned.... just a few old sketches and stuff....

http://photobucket.com/albums/v333/civ_eng_girl/Art/
  • Options
    IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    Wow, K.... I'm at a loss of words...

Add jealousy to that as well! :D

I love your dining room!!! Beautiful!!!!

I also like your Red Hot Chili Peppers drawing!

I swear to god, we were watching their DVD today and I was listening to that song that you drew!!

Strange things have been happening lately.... lol Threads have been popping up that we have listened or discussed....

Hey, my birthday is coming up.... why dontcha send me some of those paintings?? :D

J/K.... you're really a talent artist!!!

Now... go and make a living off of that!

Talents shouldn't go to waste. :)
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • Options
    Your paintings are amazing. I'd love to be able to have a steady hand with a paintbrush, maybe I'll take some classes one day.

Btw...how did you get that faux suede look on your dining room walls? I love that look...it's so warm, soft and inviting. I've been thinking of repainting my bedroom and would like to maybe go with something like that.
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    oldermanolderman Posts: 1,765
    thanks for sharing you art work. is it ok for me to download and print?
    Down the street you can hear her scream youre a disgrace
    As she slams the door in his drunken face
    And now he stands outside
    And all the neighbours start to gossip and drool
    He cries oh, girl you must be mad,
    What happened to the sweet love you and me had?
    Against the door he leans and starts a scene,
    And his tears fall and burn the garden green
  • Options
    Beautiful choice of color. Youe did redid that yourself? Brilliant!
    K-The lost will do their best to get home, if they are loved. To our soldiers who have given what they had.
  • Options
    Thank you...gracias...obrigado!!! You are really good!!!
  • Options
    Btw...how did you get that faux suede look on your dining room walls? I love that look...it's so warm, soft and inviting. I've been thinking of repainting my bedroom and would like to maybe go with something like that.

Hey Abook! I'm glad you like the paintings - i love your artwork too! I remember it from "the other board"... you should post it here!

I used the Ralph Lauren 'Suede' paint in the dining room. You can get it at Home Depot. And it really works! :) And it was fairly easy to use...

It's a textured paint, it's got some gritty stuff in it... but you just roll on the first coat, and then brush on the second coat in a random criss-cross pattern. That's what gives it the brushed suede look. I was a bit skeptical at first, but it was really easy. My mom and I did the whole room in one afternoon (both coats).
  • Options
    IamMine wrote:
    Wow, K.... I'm at a loss of words...

Hey M! you? a loss for words?? nahhh!! :D

Thanks for the compliments baby!

I like the RHCP drawing too... I was 16 when I did that one... I remember staying up all night to finish it... I didn't want to stop, cuz my fingers were really working well! :)

So when's your birthday? Turning 25, right? ;)

Hey! I've been thinking about heading to the Michigan area if/when PJ tour in 2006... maybe this time we can actually meet up!
  • Options
    beautiful~ thanks for sharing
    It doesnt hurt.... when I bleed
    but memories...they eat me
    I've seen it all before,...
    bring it on cause I'm no victim.
    -Ghost
  • Options
    Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    Hi All,

For the last couple of weeks i've been working on my "recreations" of the Benaroya LP sleeves....

I instantly fell in love with these images as soon as i saw them. Thank you so much to whomever created them originally!

Anyways... here are Parts 2 through 4.

http://photobucket.com/albums/v333/civ_eng_girl/Art/?action=view&current=IMG_1553.jpg
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v333/civ_eng_girl/Art/?action=view&current=IMG_1552.jpg
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v333/civ_eng_girl/Art/?action=view&current=IMG_1551.jpg
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v333/civ_eng_girl/Art/?action=view&current=IMG_1549.jpg
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v333/civ_eng_girl/Art/?action=view&current=IMG_1550.jpg

Part 1 (Stone) is just about to be started.
    I'll keep it posted...

update: Here's Stone (finally!) and the rest of the gang all together.....

http://photobucket.com/albums/v333/civ_eng_girl/Art/?action=view&current=IMG_1641.jpg
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v333/civ_eng_girl/Art/?action=view&current=IMG_1642.jpg

FINAL UPDATE!!

I finally got the paintings up on the wall in the dining room.... here they are!

http://photobucket.com/albums/v333/civ_eng_girl/Art/?action=view&current=DSC00087.jpg
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v333/civ_eng_girl/Art/?action=view&current=DSC00088.jpg

I hope you enjoy!

xo Civ.

Just seen these, absolutely amazing!! I would love them in my dinig room!
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    Hey Abook! I'm glad you like the paintings - i love your artwork too! I remember it from "the other board"... you should post it here!

I used the Ralph Lauren 'Suede' paint in the dining room. You can get it at Home Depot. And it really works! :) And it was fairly easy to use...

It's a textured paint, it's got some gritty stuff in it... but you just roll on the first coat, and then brush on the second coat in a random criss-cross pattern. That's what gives it the brushed suede look. I was a bit skeptical at first, but it was really easy. My mom and I did the whole room in one afternoon (both coats).

:) I posted mine here sometime early last year. But I'm glad you liked and remembered them. Maybe I'll repost them one day.

I'm gonna definitely have to get some of that paint. It looks so awesome and you say it's easy to do as well! I can't wait to see how it will look on my walls. Thanks again. :)
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    thanks guys! :D

i'm a little worried about the image of Stone... it's the most detailed! i hope it works out... i'll start it tonight.

Stone is the best one! Great job, seriously awesome.
    EvenFLOW PsYcHo #29

~ is your Pearl Jam cup half empty, or 1/2 Full?
  • Options
    Stone is the best one! Great job, seriously awesome.

Thanks! it was funny actually... when i first painted stone's face, he looked like an alien with Spock ears... so i tried to adjust some of his features, and he started to look like a clown.

I finally painted right over his head and started over again... I still think he's a bit Spock-like... ;)
  • Options
    I really like your paintings, the colours work well.
  • Options
    ChaenChaen Posts: 36
    If you are ever planning on selling those let me know i would be honored to have one of or all of those hanging up on my wall.

I wish I had some visual arts ability i suck at drawing and painting.

I wish i had some visual art skill i am horrible at drawing and painting
    San Diego 2003
    Grand Rapids 2004

Those who dance are called insane by those who don't hear the music

Tattooed your name on my arm i always said my girls a good luck charm.
  • Options
    haffajappahaffajappa British Columbia Posts: 5,955
    I Love This Stuff!!
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • Options
    ooooo, they are finely crafted! I just noticed the letters behind stone. I saw your self portrait on pacifiers thread before, I like it, I like your position on the page and how delicate and whispish it is.
    Salut baloo
  • Options
    gaz wrote:
    I've been waiting to see how you got on with the fourth panel with much anticipation,they are fucking brilliant.you are a very talented lady,any chance that they are for sale!?thought not.How long did they take in total?I hope you are happy with them yourself.

hey gaz!!

by request, and without an edit button, here is a new link.... ;):D
    http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v333/civ_eng_girl/Art/Benaroya%20Paintings/

i can't wait to see the new piece you're working on.... although it would be hard to top the portraits you've already done!! they're incredible! :eek: :D