Options

Experimenting With Oils

(UK)_foxymop(UK)_foxymop Posts: 234
edited December 2005 in The Art Wall
I've been trying a looser, more impressionistic way of painting .. a complete change of medium, style and subject :)

guitar.JPG
♥ ♪ ♪
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    pacifierpacifier Posts: 1,009
    is that a painting? looks like a photo. well done.
  • Options
    pacifier wrote:
    looks like a photo.

Had to laugh at that :D I'm going to refer you to my website now .. read the first sentence on this page: http://meganburford.com/whats_new.html

.. and here's me thinking I'd done something that didn't look so photographic :rolleyes: :D
    ♥ ♪ ♪
  • Options
    Had to laugh at that :D I'm going to refer you to my website now .. read the first sentence on this page: http://meganburford.com/whats_new.html

.. and here's me thinking I'd done something that didn't look so photographic :rolleyes: :D

Well, it looks like a blurred photo, if that makes it any better :) I really like it.
  • Options
    Oh my goodness, I just looked at your website. That is unbelievable, how do you do it. I wish I could paint like you. In finishing touches I thought that was a photo of you finisihng your painting, but it's not, is it? my goodness, unbelievable. and no training!! geez I wish I could do that. I reckon being an artist would be a dream job, but I'm not good and any paintings I've done that are anywhere near good have taken ages and remain uncompleted :) Good work!
  • Options
    Thanks pacifier .. glad you like my pics :) I wish everyone had your enthusiasm :D It's a bit scary putting something out that's quite different to what people are expecting so it's good to get a positive reaction.. I'm planning on doing a drummer next (painting one, that is ;))

All my paintings take longer than they should and I have plenty of uncompleted ones too, so you're not alone :D
    Being an artist is a dream job, you're right .. painting and Pearl Jam all day :D great .. just wish the money was great too!
    ♥ ♪ ♪
  • Options
    beautiful work UKfoxymop!!

i love the guitar... and your portrait of Charlie is adorabe... my cat Brodie lies like that too! :)
    ~~*~~ ...i surfaced and all of my being was enlightend... ~~*~~
  • Options
    stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,359
    It's a bit scary putting something out that's quite different to what people are expecting so it's good to get a positive reaction.. I'm planning on doing a drummer next (painting one, that is ;))
    yes, it's scary but it is necessary to experiment with different medias. great work, i like both the watercolors and the oil piece.
    i saw your web site and can't wait to see your next piece
    peace!
  • Options
    on your website, there is an example of you in the middle of finishing one of your works. It's a picture of you, or someone painting a cat, but to my knolegde you are female, so why is it a males arms in the painting
  • Options
    on your website, there is an example of you in the middle of finishing one of your works. It's a picture of you, or someone painting a cat, but to my knolegde you are female, so why is it a males arms in the painting

It was a full moon, what can I say :rolleyes:

Where does it say it's me?? ;)
    .. you're right, it's a masculine hand.
    It's intended to look more masculine than feminine, a female hand would've made it look a bit like a chocolate box cover .. if you see what I mean :)

civ-eng-girl is your cat tabby coloured, like Charlie? .. nearly everyone who's told me their cat lies just like Charlie says their cat is tabby too. I'm convinced it's a tabby trait :)
    ♥ ♪ ♪
  • Options
    :eek:
    i absolutely LOVE your new style...and subject!!!
    you know i have always admired and respected your work...you are soooo unbelievably talented. :) however, i really like this new direction you are moving in....and i am most impressed....really branching out, challenging yourself...kudos!!!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    Wow, awesome. I too visited your website. Your work is truly amazing. You are very talented. It seems we have the same loves. Keep up the good work.
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    civ-eng-girl is your cat tabby coloured, like Charlie? .. nearly everyone who's told me their cat lies just like Charlie says their cat is tabby too. I'm convinced it's a tabby trait :)

well, I guess he's a tabby... he's orange and white though... and he loooooves to show off his belly...

anyways, like i said, i love the guitar you've shown us! keep up the musical theme... we like! :)
    ~~*~~ ...i surfaced and all of my being was enlightend... ~~*~~
  • Options
    im compleatly obsessed with this painting
    dream like your living forever
    live like your dying today
  • Options
    big thumbs up foxy. Realism; I met an artist called brendan neiland, because of the photorealism quality of your work it reminded me of his stuff. here's a link :

http//www.redfern-gallery.com/pages/thumbnaillist/20.html

That is a talent you got, never mind about artistic persuasions!
    Salut baloo
  • Options
    You're all so very good to me!!! :)
    You've filled me with enough confidence to tackle the next painting :D

:eek: <--thanks for one of those dreamn .. isn't that smilie great, says it all! A work of art in it's own right. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :D

Burtschips .. if you see Brendan Neiland again tell him "Megan says hi, nice buildings" :cool:
    ♥ ♪ ♪
  • Options
    Obi OnceObi Once Posts: 918
    wow im impressed! nice work there, never knew u painted.. the new direction, to me, has more spunk to it, i like it! (i like the country sides too tho, very soothing)
    your light's reflected now
  • Options
    You are the """"""BEST"""" """"""""BEST""""" CONGRATULATION !!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    oh right my apologies for earlier, you see i thought it was a picture of you finshin a painting lol, didnt realise the arm wasnt real, thats fantastic btw