Options

2005 Christmas Single Art Work

aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
edited January 2006 in The Art Wall
Uber-fantastic artwork ... creative vision is credited to our beloved EV, and Brad Klausen is the guy who puts it all together. Bravo!

2005xmaslayout.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I really like the Pearl Jam logo in the upper left hand corner....also the feeling the picture in picture gives is just really deep. I like it.
  • Options
    FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    Is that some kind of digital eight track? A fostex?
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    saw it for the first time day, and I fell in love with it as soon as I saw it. It was simple enough to really make you think about what the picture is really about. And the new logo is sweet! A++++

all4
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    aNiMaL wrote:
    I really like the Pearl Jam logo in the upper left hand corner....also the feeling the picture in picture gives is just really deep. I like it.

i agree....definetly dig the symbol!!!...hmmm can you say new t shirt idea!!!!!
  • Options
    yermhoyermho Posts: 27
    pjalive21 wrote:
    i agree....definetly dig the symbol!!!...hmmm can you say new t shirt idea!!!!!

Cool logo ever.
    .drop the hate
  • Options
    jamjamjamjam Posts: 491
    very nice, like it a lot.
  • Options
    chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    i am so in love with that logo. i REALLY hope they use that on shirts.....i could totally see that as a sticker on my car too :)
  • Options
    VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    LOVIN it! These colors are amazing!!!! The picture itself is very raw, real, inviting. These colors make it all pop. Beautiful. :o I also like the "layers" to it , as you mentioned aNiMaL.

EV and Brad Klausen did a great thing here! :D

I also agree with everyone else that this logo is THE BEST! YES B...shirts and stickers are a MUST. :D **in love**

What a home run...all around!
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤
    ...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • Options
    stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,359
    great logo!

hey, that's looks like the view out of my window..... j/k
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,394
    I really love this picture. I made it my computer desktop last night. :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    i love the moodiness it invokes. the contrast of cool interior/warm exterior....and yet....all such strange, 'off' coloring....gives it a bit of edge, yet vintage feeling to me.

the logo.......BEAUTIFUL!!!
    i hope they use it, over and over.....and i would especially love to see it as a car decal. :cool:

while i have always admired pj artwork/designs...never quite to my tastes, none of it truly touched me the way this logo does. gorgeous.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    i love the moodiness it invokes. the contrast of cool interior/warm exterior....and yet....all such strange, 'off' coloring....gives it a bit of edge, yet vintage feeling to me.

the logo.......BEAUTIFUL!!!
    i hope they use it, over and over.....and i would especially love to see it as a car decal. :cool:

while i have always admired pj artwork/designs...never quite to my tastes, none of it truly touched me the way this logo does. gorgeous.

stated perfectly...:rolleyes:;)

anyone else notice the fact that the outdoor scene is definately photo-shopped into the window-frame???~~~just look at the bottom right of the window-paine, you can see the corner where the right-vertical of the frame begins to ascend and then the pink image covers over it.... not that that ruins the picture, at least not for me, but the image is definately a composite of two pictures.

:cool:;)
    change begins with discontent.
  • Options
    FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    Yep, I thought that.
  • Options

anyone else notice the fact that the outdoor scene is definately photo-shopped into the window-frame???~~~just look at the bottom right of the window-paine, you can see the corner where the right-vertical of the frame begins to ascend and then the pink image covers over it.... not that that ruins the picture, at least not for me, but the image is definately a composite of two pictures.

yes, very much so. i don't have a problem with it being obviously photoshopped in...in fact, it may say even more in its obviousness. however, i will admit a small degree of disappointment in the sloppy execution there....the right edge being so clear on that point. again though, i may question it...but perhaps that was quite intentional as well? who knows.

either way, i enjoy the mood it invokes, the colors....and the chosen imagery. however, my greatest praise goes for the new logo. imho, by far the best pj logo, ever.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    yes, very much so. i don't have a problem with it being obviously photoshopped in...in fact, it may say even more in its obviousness. however, i will admit a small degree of disappointment in the sloppy execution there....the right edge being so clear on that point. again though, i may question it...but perhaps that was quite intentional as well? who knows.

either way, i enjoy the mood it invokes, the colors....and the chosen imagery. however, my greatest praise goes for the new logo. imho, by far the best pj logo, ever.
    indeed it is darling, indeed it is.
    change begins with discontent.
  • Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    He continues to Evolve his Pete Townsend guitars. :D

I love it.

Coming up next is a Strat with Fishman Powerbridge.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    stated perfectly...:rolleyes:;)

Noticed that too yesterday, the jpeg on the site is an uncropped version including the printer bleeds, you don't see that overlap on the window sill, it gets cut off. But now the secret is exposed!

BradK
  • Options
    by the way, that logo you all like, that's ed's handy work there...
  • Options
    the chair pushed up to the table bothers me ....And I generally don't get worked by the artwork but it is just bugging the crapola out of me
    holier than Thou
    Bring it on cause i'm no victim
  • Options
    bobasfeetbobasfeet Posts: 1,070
    number 7 wrote:

What up Brad!! Welcome to the Pit!....Now...Got any Easy Streets hanging around? ;>
  • Options
    number 7 wrote:
    Hey Brad....nice work there...and Ed too with is PJ logo. Just sweet! :)
  • Options
    number 7 wrote:

that's why he is a great singer/writer...
    I hope he never does design as a way of living.
    Alt-Wrong
  • Options
    moses562moses562 Posts: 1,382
    Thanks for the awesome picture of the artwork.... I just set it as my background on my computer and it looks amazing!
    "A man has the right to be as big as he feels it in him to be." Ken Kesey
  • Options
    DopeBeastieDopeBeastie Posts: 2,513
    i call dibs on the tatoo

so... no one else go get one, too, k?

(how's that for grammar?)

love the photo... looks like Brazil :D anyone know where this was shot?
  • Options
    DopeBeastieDopeBeastie Posts: 2,513
    the chair pushed up to the table bothers me ....

...it is just bugging the crapola out of me

nice observation.
    creates tension via fucked-up chi...

oh. and i love the red door. love it
  • Options
    the window's pic is in Mexico, looks the Corona`s Beer Logo and Sol's Beer Logo in the right
  • Options
    PastaNazi wrote:
    nice observation.
    creates tension via fucked-up chi...

haha, love it. best description of tension for a work of art, ever. :)
    btw - first day this was announced, the threads/posts about this logo as a tattoo design happened almost instantaneously. so i think you may have to share it. ;)

bystanderX, thanks for that info! :) always nice to know the source material.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    Perhaps an idea of age and comfort together with an endless longing to create... regardless what the view maybe, however others may see or not see it.

Solid work, depth.
    Movement, actions, images, thoughts, perceptions, ideals all seem to forge within me a strength of doubt that renders me incapable of associating my life with normality and the thoughts of a well balanced and functional pedestrian. -JDP
  • Options
    IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    number 7 wrote:
    Noticed that too yesterday, the jpeg on the site is an uncropped version including the printer bleeds, you don't see that overlap on the window sill, it gets cut off. But now the secret is exposed!

BradK

Hahaha, busted! ;) I hear they're offering photoshop class at a discount... ;)

Great job, Brad! I thought that was an excellent art! Looking forward to getting it soon!
    number 7 wrote:

Niceeee... it looks like two surfer boards into a cross. Nice job, Eddie!

Now...your art was really awesome with Easy Street...but, I HAVE to do this:

*smacks Brad's head*

200 copies?? That's all?? I couldn't get one!!!

*cracks neck* ahh, I feel better now. ;)

Looking forward to your '06 poster designs!!

Thanks for coming on here and confess your "mistakes". ;)

c'ya.
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • Options
    IamMine wrote:
    *smacks Brad's head*

200 copies?? That's all?? I couldn't get one!!!

*cracks neck* ahh, I feel better now. ;)

LMAO!!! we're going to have to start calling you the "Enforcer"!!!

Just don't break his thumbs, Mel!

I imaging Brad needs the use of his hands to create us some wicked-cool stuff for 2006...

btw... Brad... Thanks for Hamilton... it's spectactualr in my dining room! :)
    ~~*~~ ...i surfaced and all of my being was enlightend... ~~*~~