Options

My Artwork...

Sharon_Hearts_PJSharon_Hearts_PJ Bristol, PA Posts: 1,383
edited May 2004 in The Art Wall
...can be found at my webpage.

http://www.geocities.com/gatorfan13/artist_reborn.html

link is also in my profile, or you can click the "www" link below this post.

and updates are coming soon thanks to my brand new digital camera!! :)
*Rock and/or Roll!*
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Originally posted by exhausted
    i dig this one.

http://www.geocities.com/gatorfan13/catapult3.jpg

i appreciate it :) i was rather proud of that project. unfortunately, geocities just gave me this crap:
    When I try to go to my page, I see a "Page Not Available" message. What does this mean? If you have received the "Page Not Available" page when viewing your site, you may need to create an index page. For more information on creating an index page, please see this help page.

If you've already created an index page, and you're still receiving the "Page Not Available" page, your page may have been suspended for violation of our Terms of Service, if any of the following statements are true:

* Pulling files from your GeoCities account to a location outside of Yahoo! GeoCities, such as auction sites, message boards, and other web sites.
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • Options
    setaside2setaside2 Posts: 1,084
    13pj13, I love your stuff... I'm looking for a set of new goblets... do you do glasswork at all?

as in, that classic hand blown glass?

I think a set would be sweet. Is your clay glazed and safe to use for human purposes or just for decor?

Let me know!
    I'm stepping in front of the gushing hydrant in a hurricane. I'd like to see the traction I keep.
  • Options
    coleencoleen Posts: 938
    some really great stuff in your portfolio - my favorite is your pen and ink from Spring 03!!!

Hope to see more soon.
  • Options
    BalkiBalki Posts: 50
    13pj13...your art looks like the things they look like :)
    "Don't Be Ridiculous"
    ~Balki Bartokamous

"Some people have taken pure bullshit, and turned it into gold."
    ~Neil

"Call out the instigators, because there's something in the air..."
  • Options
    Originally posted by exhausted
    i dig this one.

http://www.geocities.com/gatorfan13/catapult3.jpg
    Is this page working, I keep getting a "Page not Available" message.
    "He's a very strange young man."
    "He's an idiot. It comes from upbringing. His parents are probably idiots, too. Lorraine, you every have a kid that acts that way, I'll disown you."
  • Options
    Originally posted by setaside2
    13pj13, I love your stuff... I'm looking for a set of new goblets... do you do glasswork at all?

as in, that classic hand blown glass?

I think a set would be sweet. Is your clay glazed and safe to use for human purposes or just for decor?

Let me know!

Lol Marc. I have yet to take a glass-blowing class, but man would that ever be neat! the clay stuff i have up there (the miniature "feast") actually hasn't even been fired a first time, let alone glazed. long story about a fight over the kilns...

but now i know what to get you for your birthday: wine goblets! lol
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • Options
    Originally posted by coleen
    some really great stuff in your portfolio - my favorite is your pen and ink from Spring 03!!!

Hope to see more soon.

thanks! that was actually the very first project we did last Spring.

i will post an announcement on this thread once i get some more digital photos taken of the rest of my work.
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • Options
    Originally posted by Balki
    13pj13...your art looks like the things they look like :)

profound ;)
    thanks, i think?
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • Options
    Originally posted by mamasan10
    Is this page working, I keep getting a "Page not Available" message.

the link won't work from this page...i explained it ^^ up there.
    the image that exhausted was referring to, however, is on the second page of my artwork, via my website, and it's the series of 5 pencil drawings mounted on a black board.
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • Options
    firefairyfirefairy Posts: 113
    Love it!!!!!
    “Life beats down and crushes the soul and art reminds you that you have one.” -Stella Adler
  • Options
    Originally posted by firefairy
    Love it!!!!!

thanks firefairy :)
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • Options
    Wow, that's excellent work!

Great you're going to an art school. How is it? I always wanted to go to an art school and learn art/drawing..but I never did.
    Well, not that I am complaining, I went on to study something else.
    Everything I know about art, I've learned on my own but I wonder if art classes are good. I've been to one but I didn't like the art professors....they think they know everything. I've just audited courses. I wonder if it's just me or what.
    They wouldn't let me work the way I wanted. They said I needed to know the basics, which I think I already do. I hope I don't sound too arrogant, but it's true. I didn't like the censorship either. Isn't the purpose of art to make statements and transmit ideas through a piece of art work? make you think?

Skyler
    Put his faith in love and tremor Christ...
  • Options
    Originally posted by TremorSky
    Wow, that's excellent work!

Great you're going to an art school. How is it? I always wanted to go to an art school and learn art/drawing..but I never did.
    Well, not that I am complaining, I went on to study something else.
    Everything I know about art, I've learned on my own but I wonder if art classes are good. I've been to one but I didn't like the art professors....they think they know everything. I've just audited courses. I wonder if it's just me or what.
    They wouldn't let me work the way I wanted. They said I needed to know the basics, which I think I already do. I hope I don't sound too arrogant, but it's true. I didn't like the censorship either. Isn't the purpose of art to make statements and transmit ideas through a piece of art work? make you think?

Skyler

First off, thank you for the kind words. I'm pretty proud of what I've done so far. Hoping for more good stuff this semester, though Drawing II is kicking my ass already...
    I'm not actually at an "Art School". Just in the Art major at UCF. There are better schools out there. I just decided too far into my college career that this was my destined major, unfortunately, and had developed too many roots in this area to transfer (not to mention the cost of really good art schools).
    I haven't really run into too many issues of censorship yet, at least not personally. From what I've viewed hanging on the halls of the building, I'd say most teachers are pretty lax about self-expression.
    I actually tend to agree with my profs when it comes to the need for the "basic skills", but everyone has a different method of teaching, and so I've run into some troubles between Drawing I (where the prof was too lenient and complimentary) and Drawing II currently (where the prof is hardcore and expects a lot more of us than I'm used to). Now, realize you can't teach talent. That's obvious. And you certainly can't expect a wonderful teacher to bring out something in someone who just doesn't have the raw talent there already. But I feel the job of my professors is to guide us into discovering what we're capable of. I just have a self-motivation issue...partly why I'm sitting here typing this babble instead of sitting in front of a mirror and drawing our assigned Contour Self-Portrait due at 8am tomorrow!
    So off I go, until the next need for a break!
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • Options
    Bump!

Stalkers have to give props to their stalkees!
    Mike

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing
  • Options
    Originally posted by chuck taylor
    Bump!

Stalkers have to give props to their stalkees!

frightened and flattered, all at the same time.
    lol. thanks Mikey. much love.
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • Options
    setaside2setaside2 Posts: 1,084
    Still lookin for love and a set of glass goblets over here.

I like your stuff as well. the abstract clock is my current fave. :D
    I'm stepping in front of the gushing hydrant in a hurricane. I'd like to see the traction I keep.
  • Options
    Originally posted by setaside2
    Still lookin for love and a set of glass goblets over here.

I like your stuff as well. the abstract clock is my current fave. :D

got all the love you need. not really capable of the wine goblets. lol.

and i get the hint, i'll have to add the abstract clock to the site soon :) been a busy girl. have lots of revamping to do. thinking i'll probably borrow someone's idea on here of a webpage with thumbnails to each piece linked to a larger size image. hoping to get that done in the next couple of weeks.
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • Options
    BUMP!! updates have been added. please check me out!!

*Rock and/or Roll!*
  • Options
    Originally posted by 13PJ13
    BUMP!! updates have been added. please check me out!!

I checked out "PAGE 3 (new!)". Good stuff.

I like that the theme of your clock design "new clock design.jpg" is in some of the other models. Was it part of the assignment or just something you wanted to do?
  • Options
    Originally posted by torunforever
    I checked out "PAGE 3 (new!)". Good stuff.

I like that the theme of your clock design "new clock design.jpg" is in some of the other models. Was it part of the assignment or just something you wanted to do?

do you mean the all-white and color models on the bottom?

the assignment was to design a clock for the Engineering building on our campus (university of Central Florida)....and after building models of just the clock in all white paper, then in color, we were to build models of the encompassing area of the building where the clock was to be placed, first in all white and then in color. that is why you see that clock design in those other detailed models.

hope i answered the question clearly. lol.
    thanks, by the way!!
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • Options
    SquirrelSquirrel Posts: 337
    wow!! hail hail!! great stuff sweets!!!! you're really talented! great sense of proportion and perspective!!! very very good!!!!
  • Options
    right on girl...........i am a fellow golden night..........grad of ''02 and also a fellow art major....specialized in graphic design and got my BA.......now i'm back home in ny....but i do miss that Rivers & Hadi!!! they were my favs! :) good stuff you have up.....best of luck to you...one of these days i'll finish my site and post it here too....it's funny how the prof's don't change their lesson plans at all.....most of the stuff you have done, i have done too!! :)
    ~ * ~ * 12/7/03: Long live YIELD night!! * ~ * ~

i've got scratches all over my arms....one for each day since i fell apart. i did what i had to do....if there was a reason, it was you...
  • Options
    Originally posted by mAjLrAep
    right on girl...........i am a fellow golden night..........grad of ''02 and also a fellow art major....specialized in graphic design and got my BA.......now i'm back home in ny....but i do miss that Rivers & Hadi!!! they were my favs! :) good stuff you have up.....best of luck to you...one of these days i'll finish my site and post it here too....it's funny how the prof's don't change their lesson plans at all.....most of the stuff you have done, i have done too!! :)

holy crap dude! how completely random! i'm actually in Hadi's intermediate ceramics class right now. Rivers is not my cup of tea. but i know he's a good teacher. what is it that you're doing right now? anything involving your degree?
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • Options
    selfish bump!
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • Options
    WernyWerny Posts: 63
    HOLY SHIT WOMAN this stuff rules! I could never do this stuff! Especially that mannakin. O M G loving it!
    This puke stinks like beer, and everybody's here, so come on come on come on, let's lay waste to this Century...
  • Options
    Originally posted by Werny
    HOLY SHIT WOMAN this stuff rules! I could never do this stuff! Especially that mannakin. O M G loving it!

by mannequin, do you mean the puzzle dude?
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • Options
    WernyWerny Posts: 63
    Oops I meant mannequin, yeah i was talking about the puzzle fella. Amazing!
    This puke stinks like beer, and everybody's here, so come on come on come on, let's lay waste to this Century...
  • Options
    thanks a bunch! :)
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • Options
    Yup, I'm still here...whoring myself out.

Take a gander :)
    *Rock and/or Roll!*