Options

For those who suffered...

DarkStarDarkStar Posts: 734
edited September 2004 in The Art Wall
North_ossetia_map.pngeye_tear.jpg

More than 370 lost souls...

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
And no one sings me lullabyes
And no one makes me close my eyes
So I throw the windows wide
And call to you across the sky....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    That is touching Dark Star. I set it as my background. This is such a horrible tragedy. Young children were murdered, and those who were fortunate to escape have these horrible memories to sort through. I think many children who survived's parents were also killed.
    How could a human being conspire to do such a horrible thing?
  • Options
    FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    Oh, show beyond the roaring 'o' of horror,
    'bomb' and 'nothing'; show beyond that sound
    unconscionable, that rapid pound
    of rifle fire. Hold the wordsound mirror
    of your poetry beyond the fear
    that fired from the mouths of those inside
    those walls before the shudder like the wide
    'No' of death consumed them. Show you hear,
    Show you feel their love. Please. Show you hear.
  • Options
    This is news to me. I haven't heard anything about it. But now that I read about it. It's probably one of the most horrible things I've ever read.
    However... all I could find on it was the events that happened, never what the goal of the terrorists were. What was this all about? Why did they kill those children?
    Chasing a trail of smoke and reason.
  • Options
    I think people will be asking that last question forever. :(
  • Options
    It's about intolerance...psychotic zealous muslims and intolerance. Chechnia was apart of the old soviet union, but were occupied by the Russian army untill a couple years ago. It is predominantly muslims and they were the footstool of the Russians for decades, which grew hostility for generations eventually spurring zealous islamic terrorist just like mid-eastern terrorists. You can thank the Russian mafia and their wholesale weapons from cold war surpluses, also. So essentially it is the same struggle we face, but this one is right on Russia's doorstep.
    "A poet never takes notes. You never take notes in a love affair." R. Frost

"I would have a doctorite in Netetiquette, but I failed the written test." me
    www.mudderfudder.com
  • Options
    I read there can be uptil 600 people that died in that school... This is horrible..

*R.I.P.*
    "Pearl Jam ... the band with a message. Stay healthy... Eat your carrots..."
  • Options
    Originally posted by matt776
    It's about intolerance...psychotic zealous muslims and intolerance. Chechnia was apart of the old soviet union, but were occupied by the Russian army untill a couple years ago. It is predominantly muslims and they were the footstool of the Russians for decades, which grew hostility for generations eventually spurring zealous islamic terrorist just like mid-eastern terrorists. You can thank the Russian mafia and their wholesale weapons from cold war surpluses, also. So essentially it is the same struggle we face, but this one is right on Russia's doorstep.

sorry, but why on earth do you think that religion is the main cause of the war in chechnya?
    there's always something more.
    first, there's oil in chechnya...
    second, russia spends a huge amount of money for restoration of the republic. and the most part of this money ends up in someone's pockets. the military, the fsb (former kgb) are very interested in that war...
  • Options
    For the sake of the many dead children...going foward, I hope that this thread can be kept free of political debate...AMT is a good place to go for that type of social engagement...

la paz

ds
    And no one sings me lullabyes
    And no one makes me close my eyes
    So I throw the windows wide
    And call to you across the sky....
  • Options
    Originally posted by DarkStar
    For the sake of the many dead children...going foward, I hope that this thread can be kept free of political debate...AMT is a good place to go for that type of social engagement...

la paz

ds

I agree.
  • Options
    I agree. It is horrible what happened to those little ones. I hope that the creator surrounds the family of each and everyone of the victims.
    It's really, really sad and it makes me mad everytime I think about it BUT as said earlier this thread is no place for political debate.
    We just need to send love and good thoughts that way
    >>>>
    >
    ...a lover and a fighter.
    "I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
    Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
    Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009
  • Options
    SwanSwan Posts: 350
    hey, how did you post a picture?