Options

Evacuation to Grievance

reversedarwinismreversedarwinism Posts: 1,151
edited March 2008 in The Porch
Best group of PJ studio songs in a row... I believe it to be true.
bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Jesika537Jesika537 Posts: 301
    I don't know that any grouping of songs including Evacuation can be considered among PJ's best... But to each his own.
    Detroit '98 - Detroit '03 - Toledo '04 - Grand Rapids '04 - Kitchener '05 - London '05 - Grand Rapids '06 - Cleveland '06 - Detroit '06 - Chicago '07 - West Palm Beach - Tampa '08 - Toronto '09 - Indy '10 - Buffalo '10 - Toronto '11 - London '13
  • Options
    elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,237
    Nope....not even close......

W.M.A. to Indifference
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818

best two songs to put earplugs in for
  • Options
    Nope, it's on Yield somewhere. Don't know where exactly, but it's there.
    Well, do you need a lot of what you've got to survive?
  • Options
    dannydanny Posts: 2,270

i agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    danny d
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,279

you should be forced to forfit your tenclub membership for such a ridiculous statement.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    I'm one of the proud minority who thinks that Evacuation is an incredible song! So the chorus has one fucking word, the rest of the verses are very nicely arranged and are rather diverse.
  • Options
    I'm one of the proud minority who thinks that Evacuation is an incredible song! So the chorus has one fucking word, the rest of the verses are very nicely arranged and are rather diverse.

this band has produced many phenomenal songs. evacuation rates as one of their worst. it's science. GOULET!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    MohabMohab Posts: 310
    Pjs best record, i prefer Gods Dice through to Sleight of Hand.
  • Options
    Ten: Once through Release.
  • Options
    jordn6971jordn6971 Posts: 675
    Mohab wrote:

Throw Breakerfall in there too.
    "There was a band playing in my head, and I felt like getting high"
  • Options
    jordn6971jordn6971 Posts: 675

No Code and Yield.

Hail Hail through In Hiding is pretty damn good.
    "There was a band playing in my head, and I felt like getting high"
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,728
    first four songs on Vitalogy
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    first four songs on Vitalogy

WHAT???? the first 5 songs on Vitalogy!!!!

how...in the hell...do you leave out Nothingman?
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Options
    Sexy2aFaultSexy2aFault Posts: 388
    Evacuation is a great song, it is just too edgy for the average lame PJ fan.
  • Options
    Evacuation is a great song, it is just too edgy for the average lame PJ fan.

Matt Cameron's songs in general are too progressive for the average lame PJ fan. They pefer the Bon Jovi-ish crap like "I Am Mine" and "Come Back". What can you do?
  • Options
    dcfaithful wrote:
    WHAT???? the first 5 songs on Vitalogy!!!!

how...in the hell...do you leave out Nothingman?

If I leave anything off it will be Nothingman - least fav PJ song.

So some don't like Evacation or Grievence, cut off the edges: LightYears to Thin Air is the cream tho, surely you can't argue againt that set of songs.
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,859
    Grievence rocks!! evacuation is alright...
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    JWBusher wrote:
    Matt Cameron's songs in general are too progressive for the average lame PJ fan. They pefer the Bon Jovi-ish crap like "I Am Mine" and "Come Back". What can you do?

I feel sorry for the fans that say stuff like this in attempt to validate themselves over the average pearl jam fan. Evacuation is not very good at all........everyone can see right through you.
  • Options
    Evacuation is not very good at all........everyone can see right through you.

So you think I'm pretending to like Evacuation because it makes me look superior to everbody else? That's the kind of lame shit that anti-Radiohead people say.

I think Evacuation rules. I also think it's funny that it's too complicated for so many dumb Pearl Jam fans.

Unemployable
    In The Moonlight
    You Are
    Get Right

...brilliant songs that confuse the lamest of fans...
  • Options
    Mohab wrote:

gods dice is even worse than evacuation! ugh
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    I feel sorry for the fans that say stuff like this in attempt to validate themselves over the average pearl jam fan. Evacuation is not very good at all........everyone can see right through you.

its just a BAD song.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    I could go out on a limb and say that Evacuation is the best song on Binaural... but I don't think I'll do that just yet :)

Just as a side note: all my friends pretty much hate Evacuation. But then again, they're not Pearl Jam fans. Just sayin'...
  • Options
    please explain, in your own words, what is so confusing and complicated about evacuation. i am dying to hear this...
    JWBusher wrote:
    So you think I'm pretending to like Evacuation because it makes me look superior to everbody else? That's the kind of lame shit that anti-Radiohead people say.

I think Evacuation rules. I also think it's funny that it's too complicated for so many dumb Pearl Jam fans.

Unemployable
    In The Moonlight
    You Are
    Get Right

...brilliant songs that confuse the lamest of fans...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    its just a BAD song.

What's so BAD about it?
  • Options
    please explain, in your own words, what is so confusing and complicated about evacuation. i am dying to hear this...

I didn't say they were confusing, complicated songs. I said they were just confusing enough to turn off the average PJ fan. There are time signature changes, skipped/missing beats, wicked guitar parts...things that I happen to like in music. Just because you can't hug your girlfriend and wave your lighter in the air to it doesn't make it a bad song.
  • Options
    JWBusher wrote:
    What's so BAD about it?

eh, its just lame compared to their better songs
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JWBusher wrote:
    I didn't say they were confusing, complicated songs. I said they were just confusing enough to turn off the average PJ fan. There are time signature changes, skipped/missing beats, wicked guitar parts...things that I happen to like in music. Just because you can't hug your girlfriend and wave your lighter in the air to it doesn't make it a bad song.

so according to you, if you dislike evacuation, you must be that guy who loves i am mine and betterman and other songs you can "hug your girlfriend" to? no gray areas in your world huh?

how bout the guy that accepts evacuation to be the garbage that it is, yet loves songs that are actually complicated and intense like satans bed, not for you, save you, brain of j, leash, last exit and lukin among many others? those are the types of pj songs that challenge the listener and tend to turn off the casual fan---songs like evacuation turn off the casual fan as well....but primarily because the lyrics consist of ed saying the word "evacuation" over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again....
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    so according to you, if you dislike evacuation, you must be that guy who loves i am mine and betterman and other songs you can "hug your girlfriend" to? no gray areas in your world huh?

how bout the guy that accepts evacuation to be the garbage that it is, yet loves songs that are actually complicated and intense like satans bed, not for you, save you, brain of j, leash, last exit and lukin among many others? those are the types of pj songs that challenge the listener and tend to turn off the casual fan---songs like evacuation turn off the casual fan as well....but primarily because the lyrics consist of ed saying the word "evacuation" over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again....

I like Evactuation and Come Back. Does that make me some sort of superhero?:D

Also, using Lukin as an example of a complicated song may come back to bite you in the ass.:p
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • Options
    Nothing beats the first 5 songs from No Code! C'mon take a look..it opens with...Sometimes, Hail Hail, Who you are, In My Tree, and Smile!...that's fucking epic! No other album has that beat...
    1998-07-10 San Diego
    1998-07-11 Las Vegas
    2000-10-22 Las Vegas
    2000-10-25 San Diego
    2003-06-05 San Diego
    2006-07-06 Las Vegas
    2006-07-07 San Diego

http://www.myspace.com/roccondiego