Options

need your eye

casper leblanccasper leblanc Posts: 1,246
edited March 2007 in The Art Wall
Since I've recently really started using Photoshop, I've been playing around with some good, but not yet finished shots. Old ones, like this one:

015_12A.jpg

As you can see I sorta have the window-ledge in the picture, and I want it out. So I started cropping. Here's the result.

015_12Ab.jpg

But now I can't decide if I like it like that, ot cropped even more. Like this. You know, get the horizontal feeling again. I tend to prefer this one.

015_12Ac.jpg

So tell me what you like best?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    After looking again, I think I prefer the middle one after all.
  • Options
    PaperPlatesPaperPlates Posts: 1,745
    Try making several copies of this image. One severely over exposed, one severely underexposed, and one that has mid-tone's exposed well. (adjust this in levels) Then take them and drag them all into one photo. Mess with the blending options in the layer palatte, until you like it. This will help combat the very over-exposed sky you have, as well as the under-exposed shadow areas in the foreground.

:)
    Why go home

www.myspace.com/jensvad
  • Options
    Euhm... That's a bit out of my range for now :o I'm not that good with Photoshop yet.

What do you think about the size of the phot, the frame? Which one do you like best?
  • Options
    Just a quick go over, (hope you don't mind) tough to do alot with a low rez image.....While I like your originals, there's no "center of interest". And the wall in the FG is distracting. And not to be picky, but the sun-glare doesn't work for me.

Photoshop is an amazing tool. I can barely scratch the surface of what it can do. My co-workers............they are amazing with it.

015_12Aretake.jpg
    Why go home

www.myspace.com/jensvad
  • Options
    But I like your panoramic third version the best, btw. :)
    Why go home

www.myspace.com/jensvad
  • Options
    LineLine Posts: 1
    I like the third picture the best. There´s a nice harmony on the colours, and the sunlight is still interesting in both sides of the picture.
    Can you make the sky just a bit more blue, like on the top of the first picture, it will suit the snow on the rooftops.

Nice view.
  • Options
    The third works best in my view also. I wish I did see more blue in the sky but still it is my fav.
  • Options
    JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    I prefer the secod one, wit more sky. Don't crop too much, this sky is beautiul.
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • Options
    I think the 2nd one is more balanced. If u had cropped the building on the right it would have been even better imho. The 3rd one has an interesting cropping shape (i always love that elongated frame shape) but u r missing out because it becomes clattered. Maybe if it was B&W it would have been better, but i think the lighting hasn't help u make enough layers of depth in your picture plane.
    That glass building with the reflections is amazing, i think u should try focusing on that on other photos, i can imagine some very interesting abstract images coming out! Where is this cityscape from?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...
  • Options
    geniegenie Posts: 2,222
    i don't use photoshop, but i just want to say my opinion

i like 3rd picture. sunlight irritates me so i would've gotten rid of it. i would also try to make parts of buildings much darker, while other parts much lighter.