eager to identify with
someone above the crowd
someone who seemed to feel the same
someone prepared to lead the way
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    these are nice kbackstabber. lmao!!

really, it's just too much, the nonsense!!

anyhow, the last one says "fuck you" -- interesting hugh?!

reminds me of lt. dan when he decides he's going after god on the sail boat . . . lt. dan, lt. dan, get off that mast and stop screamin'!

the invisible being, i'd highly recommend reading the rough face girl, our american version of cinderella, it's enlightening, most of my students prefer it to disney's french one.

if i'm allowed to retell it here, i will, if not, ce la vie, you'll find it i'm sure:

Rough-Face Girl

Grade 2, Cashman Elementary School, Amesbury, Massachusetts

On lake Ontario there was a beautiful wigwam painted with designs of animals. It was made out of buckskin, and in it lived the Invisible Being.

The Rough-Face Girl had charred hair and burnt skin, and wore awful clothes because her mean sisters made her do all the work. The father of the Rough-Face girl also had two cruel daughters. The Rough-Face Girl and the cruel sisters wanted to enter the wigwam of the Invisible Being to see if they could marry him. The Rough-Face Girl had courage. The Rough-Face Girl didn’t care what she looked like; she wanted to marry the Invisible Being.

The Invisible Being’s sister had questions for the sisters that would prove they could see him. She wanted to know if they had ever seen the Invisible Being. The mean sisters were jealous when they found out their sister had passed the test. The Invisible Being’s sister knew right away the Rough-Face Girl was kind.

When the Rough-Face girl swam in Lake Ontario she turned beautiful. The Rough-Face Girl and the Invisible Being prepared to get married. The Rough-Face Girl was given a beautiful necklace to wear. The Invisible Being loved the Rough-Face Girl at once. She was now pretty. She no longer had an ugly face. The next time she walked through the village nobody would laugh at her.

The Rough-Face Girl had answered all the questions correctly. She knew the Invisible Being’s bow was made from a rainbow. She saw his face at sunset. Unlike their sister, the mean sisters didn’t tell the truth, and were banished to their wigwam.

The Rough-Face Girl got to sit in the wife’s seat in the Invisible Being’s wigwam. The Rough-Face Girl was excited to marry the Invisible Being. They will live happily ever after for many years.

The Invisible Being was so happy with his new wife he shot his bow in the air and it zigzagged off into the heavens.

(sounds like the lbc to me)
  • Options
    El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
    thank you pearlzealot! lol!!!
    standin above the crowd
    he had a voice that was strong and loud and
    i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
  • Options
    Breathtaking, Kabongalong! :) Just gorgeous!

I was particualrily fond of this little guy:

http://photobucket.com/albums/v620/El_Kabong/stuff/?action=view&current=P3290154.jpg

SO CUTE! :D Yeah, I know, I'm weird, I like spiders. :)
    Forget your perfect offering, there is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in. - Leonard Cohen
  • Options
    El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141

http://photobucket.com/albums/v620/El_Kabong/stuff/?action=view&current=P3290154.jpg

haha, that guy i found crawling along my floor one day...i couldn't get over how huge it was!
    standin above the crowd
    he had a voice that was strong and loud and
    i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
  • Options

LOL! It's sooo funny that you think it's cute and I can't even look at the picture without cringing. :D That freaker was a dinosaur spider! Luckily, that pic was from Andrew's place in VA because I couldn't sleep knowing that had been in my house...what if there were more? Aggh!
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    LOL! It's sooo funny that you think it's cute and I can't even look at the picture without cringing. :D That freaker was a dinosaur spider! Luckily, that pic was from Andrew's place in VA because I couldn't sleep knowing that had been in my house...what if there were more? Aggh!

:D Oh Abook, he's barely the size of a 9volt, he's just a little baby!!! :p

I'm glad I didn't tell you that I just allow them to roam free in my house before you came to visit! However, if I see them on the wall (within reach) or the floor, then I catch them and put them outside. :) Mind you, I've only ever seen one as big as Mr. 9V and he was a bit freaky. And hey, look, you came and left our place without any spider incidents!!!!! :D

Now earwigs and centipedes, those buggers freak me out!! :eek:
    Forget your perfect offering, there is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in. - Leonard Cohen
  • Options
    Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    Those sunrise pics are awesome. Isn't nature amazing... ah bugger, i'm getting metaphysical again :)
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Options
    DavanitaDavanita Posts: 854
    oh kabong... you are so lucky with such a view :p
    awesome!
    Jon Stewart: "[about Russia's new president]...Dmitri Medevvvevv.... Dmitri Meh..... Dmitri M.! Or... as George W. Bush would probably pronounce it... Eddie Vedder."
    El_Kabong wrote:
    Niice shots...especially the water....keepers.
    A whisper and a thrill
    A whisper and a chill
    adv2005

"Why do I bother?"
    The 11th Commandment.
    "Whatever"

PETITION TO STOP THE BAN OF SMOKING IN BARS IN THE UNITED STATES....Anyone?
  • Options
    DarkStarDarkStar Posts: 734
    And no one sings me lullabyes
    And no one makes me close my eyes
    So I throw the windows wide
    And call to you across the sky....
  • Options
    OmaramaOmarama Posts: 267
    that is one bloody big spider!!!
    Monty Got a Raw Deal

" makes much more sense to live in the present tense "