Options

Ticketmaster Lawsuit - RMG Technologies

P-Town-P-Jam-FanP-Town-P-Jam-Fan Posts: 898
edited February 2008 in The Porch
If you guys really want to know why tickets for any given event are "sold out" the second you click on the buy link....this is a good read. I don't like Ticketmaster more than anyone else, but after reading this, I don't think they are in bed with the ticket brokers...

first read this:

http://www.myfoxny.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail?contentId=5884214&version=2&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1.1

Next, go here:

http://media.myfoxny.com/Iteam/ticketmaster/DeclarationsinSupportofTMMotion.pdf

Not that any of this really helps us, but maybe some hope for the future of ticket purchases.
Gorge
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    4Powers204Powers20 Posts: 1,215
    It is nice to see Ticketmaster is trying to get the fans the tickets not resellers. Ticketmaster just gained a couple of cool points in my book. I still think thier "service charges" are a sham but I would gladly pay them if they were spending those fees on fighting scalpers.

"We're running out of beer, too?" EV 6/19/08

• Options
    mikesbrimikesbri Toronto Posts: 835
    well at least they are making an effort. I was watching some news channel in Toronto doing some research on why tickets are always sold out and they mentioned something about a "bot" program that brokers use which automatically bypasses the whole password protection and a they can grab tickets before the normal person can type in the word.
    It was very frustrating to watch, when they interview a broker and he said he didnt care how he got the tickets.
    Barrie 98, Toronto 00, Toronto 03, Buffalo 03, Toronto 05, Hamilton 05, Kitchener 05, Toronto 06 I II, Lolla 07, Vedder Toronto I II, Toronto 09, Philly Oct 30 & 31 2009, Buffalo 2010, Cleveland 2010, Toronto I II 2011, Hamilton 2011, Ottawa 2011, London 2013, Buffalo 2013, Pittsburgh 2013, FLL 2016, Miami 2016, Tor I & II 2016, Barcelona 2018, Toronto 2022, Ottawa 2022, Quebec City 2022, Hamilton 2022
  • Options
    PJGARDENPJGARDEN Posts: 1,484
    The only reason ticketmaster is sueing them is b/c they're mad they're not the ones making those kinda profits on the tickets.
  • Options
    Which will change soon with their recent purchase of ticketsnow.com

http://www.ticketnews.com/Ticketmaster-completes-acquisition-TicketsNow0282661

Whose to say the best tickets will even go on sale anymore - perhaps straight to ticketmaster's own scalping site.

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    potnikpotnik Posts: 442
    Which will change soon with their recent purchase of ticketsnow.com

Whose to say the best tickets will even go on sale anymore - perhaps straight to ticketmaster's own scalping site.

I think you are on to something there. Sad to think what the market will turn into.
  • Options
    PJGARDENPJGARDEN Posts: 1,484
    There has to be something the artist can do. This is getting out of hand. It's impossible to buy tickets for anything now.
  • Options
    The other part to the problem is all the thousands of dollars ticketmaster is supposedly spending on security isn't going to be absorbed by them, they will continue to pass that on to us consumers with even higher convenience, transaction and order processing fees...
    Gorge
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,286
    PJGARDEN wrote:
    There has to be something the artist can do. This is getting out of hand. It's impossible to buy tickets for anything now.

yeah if a few more bands had the balls like PJ did & stood up to them back then maybe something would of come of this instead of where we are now. I blame the artist themselves they should of spoke out then along with pj instead they left pj holding their dicks on this matter ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    smg9779smg9779 Posts: 235
    yeah if a few more bands had the balls like PJ did & stood up to them back then maybe something would of come of this instead of where we are now. I blame the artist themselves they should of spoke out then along with pj instead they left pj holding their dicks on this matter ....

I agree 100%. Kudos to PJ for trying. Shame on all those chicken shit outfits that call themsleves a rock band or musical artist that did nothing. PJ had the DoJ's attention but nothing was done because there was a lack of support.
    Steve

11/18/97 Oakland
    07/13/98 Los Angeles
    07/14/98 Los Angeles
    10/31/99 Bridge School
    10/28/00 San Bernardino
    10/31/00 Mountain View
    10/21/01 Bridge School
    06/01/03 Mountain View
    07/15/06 SF I
    07/16/06 SF II
    07/18/06 SF III
    10/21/06 Bridge School
    04/07/08 Berkeley
    04/08/08 Berkeley
  • Options
    I would just as soon go back to the old days, where you had to buy tickets in person. Or, at the very least, over the phone.

but that's not ever going to happen.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do