Instant thoughts. (add yours if you like)

Comments

• pearljgirl2010pearljgirl2010 Posts: 3,428
    really, Divorce Lawyer? You want to sit here and ask me questions about my soon-to-be-ex's volleyball career?? REALLY?? you're saying that he must be in good shape? do I like going to tournaments??? Do we live near the beach and the courts?? I'M DIVORCING THE GUY. I moved out....do we really need to have this discussion??????
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    We made it to Florida today. 8-)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
    When did I wake up to someone else's life?
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
    I almost forgot today's date so when I saw the fireworks in the sky, I thought it was the 4th of July...but I guess there will be more tomorrow night. (!) :geek: :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
    riding high on the waves of dreams
    then I awake just to wonder
    what does it mean....

but will I ever truly wake up from dreaming?
  • patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    Last year I was working 400 miles away from home on the 4th of July. Away from my friends and family and getting rained on most of the time. Making great money but very sad inside. Just had got back from touring and seeing 4 PJ shows on the East coast. Was home long enough to wash my cloths and pack again and off I went.

This year right now I'm 30 lbs lighter and visiting Milwaukee and being with all my friends and family. Saw some great fireworks tonight down by the lakefront and enjoyed being at Summerfest. Tomorrow will take it easy and enjoy a 5 mile morning bike ride and then watch the parade. Glad my dad is still around to enjoy things but wish he would see the big picture. He died for 20 mins last October and I don't think he really knows how lucky he is. While visiting I try to tell him how lucky he is and to help himself more.

I leave to go back to Denver next Friday and can't wait to continue my goal of getting back into shape and living my life. But I do fear in the back of my head that my mother can't take it anymore with my father. I do what I can and hope for the best.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,407
    Last year I was working 400 miles away from home on the 4th of July. Away from my friends and family and getting rained on most of the time. Making great money but very sad inside. Just had got back from touring and seeing 4 PJ shows on the East coast. Was home long enough to wash my cloths and pack again and off I went.

This year right now I'm 30 lbs lighter and visiting Milwaukee and being with all my friends and family. Saw some great fireworks tonight down by the lakefront and enjoyed being at Summerfest. Tomorrow will take it easy and enjoy a 5 mile morning bike ride and then watch the parade. Glad my dad is still around to enjoy things but wish he would see the big picture. He died for 20 mins last October and I don't think he really knows how lucky he is. While visiting I try to tell him how lucky he is and to help himself more.

I leave to go back to Denver next Friday and can't wait to continue my goal of getting back into shape and living my life. But I do fear in the back of my head that my mother can't take it anymore with my father. I do what I can and hope for the best.

good for you, man! enjoy your time w/ friends & family on the 4th!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    Why do I keep spreading myself thin? Every time I have time I spend it with a friend and her kids, driving them places, doing things for them. I'm tired today and don't feel like it....but I promised. I better get my ass in gear, she sounded pissed I wasn't ready to pick them up and take them to my parents pool yet.
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    Why do I keep spreading myself thin? Every time I have time I spend it with a friend and her kids, driving them places, doing things for them. I'm tired today and don't feel like it....but I promised. I better get my ass in gear, she sounded pissed I wasn't ready to pick them up and take them to my parents pool yet.

fuck her. tell her to get a fuckin' car.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
    mfc2006 wrote:

good for you, man! enjoy your time w/ friends & family on the 4th!

You also and see you at ACL. :D
  • SD533SD533 Posts: 221
    Laws of the Universe - #237: We are only assigned the load that we were meant to carry and are able to carry in life; the more that we are able to carry, the more that we are given to carry. We do things not because we are compulsed by a want or a need, but because we were given and have an ability to do, suffer or endure such things.
    Watching the fireworks tonight I felt kind of sad.

I've been watching them with my mom and my kids in NY for the last few years and this year we were somewhere else. The colored explosions look the same anywhere, but it made me think about the last few years on July 4th.

How I've felt. What I've been doing.

Colored spots, golden rat-a-tat-tats, they can be reminders of time passing as well as pretty moving lights in the sky. :|
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
    I leave Friday and now she decides to tell me she likes me and cares for me alot. Wish she could come out to Denver with me. :(
    Two more days and we get to move into our new house.
    Yay.
    I'm tired of being at the hotel. :?
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • weedweed Posts: 475
    bad brain days
    are caused by
    a broken heart
    what if it rains....
    edited July 2009
    Just got some news tonight that a old HS friend of mine died July 1st and the funeral is 2morrow. We drifted apart yrs ago but were close all threw grade school and HS. Played on the same little league baseball teams and played football together in HS. Just found his obituary in today's paper and I'm stunned. Just thinking about what happened to cause his death. I am a loss for words and feel so stunned about this. Shaking my head in disbelief. :( He was 31 years old and married with a child.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,407
    our one year anniversary getaway is just around the corner. i hope she knows just how much she means to me. i know she does, but that's not going to keep me from trying to show her everyday.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    mfc2006 wrote:
    our one year anniversary getaway is just around the corner. i hope she knows just how much she means to me. i know she does, but that's not going to keep me from trying to show her everyday.
    ohhh stop rubbing it in that all the good men are married ;) :P
    mfc2006 wrote:
    ohhh stop rubbing it in that all the good men are married ;) :P

Were not all married. 8-)

my expectations when it comes to men have severely dropped in the past year or two :?

my expectations when it comes to men have severely dropped in the past year or two :?

I feel the same way with woman.
    there are signs everywhere
  • pearljgirl2010pearljgirl2010 Posts: 3,428
    ever feel like something is missing? i do...
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
    "A greedy man never knows
    What he's done. "
    life wasted
    is about right...
    should have been
    whore - in'
    it up
    instead of
    spending time
    in dark corners
    catching thoughts
  • Pepe SilviaPepe Silvia Posts: 3,758
    why, hbo? why did you cancel carnivale??
    don't compete; coexist

what are you but my reflection? who am i to judge or strike you down?

"I will promise you this, that if we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank." - Barack Obama

when you told me 'if you can't beat 'em, join 'em'
    i was thinkin 'death before dishonor'
    now I have
    my own
    "commercial"
    to look at
    and I don't
    have to wait
    for the tv
    to play it
    I shoulda gave him my number, maybe there'll be a next time.
  • i went to the corner store. i needed a stamp. i mailed a letter during a sun shower.
    If nothing is everything, I'll have it all
This discussion has been closed.