Options

Help, I keep getting this message. Any IE tips?

Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,492
edited July 2008 in The Porch
Everytime I get the "BUY" button, I click it, then I get a warning box that says "You are about to be redirected to a connection that is not secure.

The information you are sending to the current site might be retransmitted to a nonsecure site. do you wish to continue?"

I click yes, but by the time it refreshes, it says item cannot be placed into cart because it is out of stock.

Can anyone help? Is there a way to avoid this message? Some setting I can change? I cannot use firefox, becasue I am at work.
Near to death.
Here to die.
Scared alive.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    shareshare Posts: 551
    probably a setting your admins at work have set up.
    not sure you can change it unless you have authorization.
    we're all sentient snowflakes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I'm a number that doesn't count
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    the nothing ventured - the nothing feigned
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,905
    i only get those with IE if i right click on an item and open it on a new window. when you refresh .. you'll alway's get that window.

just start back over, main page. no right clicking. if you want to refresh, just hit F5. or right click refresh .. but don't open any new windows.

see if that works out. :)
  • Options
    SatelliteSatellite Posts: 64
    The solution to IE problems is Firefox.
  • Options
    ToneTone Posts: 1,206
    Honestly, download Firefox and use that... immediately! Way better, more stable and I was successful yesterday. Good luck :)
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night and the superstars sucked into the supermassive.
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    i only get those with IE if i right click on an item and open it on a new window. when you refresh .. you'll alway's get that window.

just start back over, main page. no right clicking. if you want to refresh, just hit F5. or right click refresh .. but don't open any new windows.

see if that works out. :)
    Thx.

I guess I should rephrase.

I click yes on the message box, and it goes right to the cart out of stock message.

I have not right clicked at all, and I am not clicking refresh.
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    displaying the non secure items: http://img353.imageshack.us/img353/8725/aaaii7.jpg

not displaying the non secure items: http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/5263/bbbhh2.jpg

best way to purchase with IE: http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/8866/cccsw9.jpg

.. so you don't have to see those .. Security Information window's that say " This Ppge contains both secure and nonsecure items. Do you want to display the nonsecure items?"
  • Options
    Laura in NJLaura in NJ Posts: 176
    Vedd Hedd wrote:
    Thx.

I guess I should rephrase.

I click yes on the message box, and it goes right to the cart out of stock message.

I have not right clicked at all, and I am not clicking refresh.

The same thing happened to me yesterday when trying to purchase both NY1 and NY2. After that, I took the advice of another poster and cleared my cookie cache. And *poof* for Newark, I got right in and it didn't happen.

So, try clearing your cookies.
    Laura in NJ
    4-17-1994 Paramount Theater, NYC
    6-20-1995 Red Rocks (Sponsored By No One tour)
    6-23-1998 Fiddler’s Green, CO
    7-09-2003 MSG NYC
    9-28-2004 Fleet Center, Boston (Vote For Change warmup)
    6-01-2006 & 6-03-2006 E. Rutherford, NJ
    6-25-2008 MSG NYC * 7-07-2008 EV NJPAC
  • Options
    Thanks everyone.

But those aren't quite the message I am getting.

I can't quite figure this out....
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    luvisatowerluvisatower Posts: 1,078
    V seriously download firefox
    IE is horrible on the 10c goods site even on a non-ticket buying day
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Get it now, get enough, before its gone, let's everybody carry on, carry on....
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    www.wishlistfoundation.org
    WE WANT YOU!!!!
    join the street team
    http://wishlistfoundation.fancorps.com

"headphones are highly recommended...." Jeff Ament
  • Options
    luvistower wrote:
    V seriously download firefox
    IE is horrible on the 10c goods site even on a non-ticket buying day

I wish I could, but I'm at work. No downloads.
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    Give me your cc info, your ten club number and password and I'll get them for you. :p
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• Options
    kingmattkingmatt Posts: 121
    try adding http://www.pearljam.com to your "Trusted" zone in IE (under Tools->Internet Options->Security->Trusted).

good luck
  • Options
    Give me your cc info, your ten club number and password and I'll get them for you. :p

i was gonna bring this up. but i don't know him, and if he trust's another jamhead on the board to help out, by all means, i could help out. :)
  • Options
    I trust AmentsChick about as much as I like her.

I am going to try kingmatt's suggestion and see if that works first.

Thanks guys. :)
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    Vedd Hedd wrote:
    I trust AmentsChick about as much as I like her.

I am going to try kingmatt's suggestion and see if that works first.

Thanks guys. :)

Um...not sure if that's a compliment or not. LOL!

• Options
    NoelMichaelNoelMichael Posts: 1,630
    If your computer lets you, try this: Tools---> Internet Options---> Security---> Custom Level--->
    Then Enable "Display Mixed Content" and enable the one right above it and also enable the one right below it. That should do the trick.

If your work computer has restrictions that don't let you mess with that stuff, then I'd recommend just keeping your left hand on the "Enter" key. I think the default is set to yes, so just quickly hit Enter with your left hand right after you click the mouse with your right hand. It sucks, but it has worked for me in the past when I kept getting the "Display Nonsecure Items" popup

Good luck!
    9-28-96 Randall’s Island NY; 9-01-00 Camden NJ; 7-05-03 Camden NJ; 10-01-04 Reading PA; 10-03-05 Philly PA; 5-27-06 Camden NJ; 5-28-06 Camden NJ; 6-19-08 Camden NJ; 6-20-08 Camden NJ; 6-24-08 NYC NY; 8-7-08 EV Newark, NJ; 6-11-09 EV Philly PA; 6-12-09 EV Philly PA; 10-27-09 Philly PA; 10-28-09 Philly PA; 10-30-09 Philly PA; 10-31-09 Philly PA; 5-15-10 Hartford CT; 5-18-10 Newark NJ; 5-21-10 NYC NY; 6-21-11 EV NYC NY; 6-22-11 EV NYC NY; 6-25-11 EV Philly PA; 7-1-11 EV StL MS; 9-3-11 E Troy WI; 9-4-11 E Troy WI
  • Options
    Vedd Hedd wrote:
    Everytime I get the "BUY" button, I click it, then I get a warning box that says "You are about to be redirected to a connection that is not secure.

The information you are sending to the current site might be retransmitted to a nonsecure site. do you wish to continue?"

I click yes, but by the time it refreshes, it says item cannot be placed into cart because it is out of stock.

Can anyone help? Is there a way to avoid this message? Some setting I can change? I cannot use firefox, becasue I am at work.

Not sure if you needed help still or if I understand the problem correctly, but If you goto "TOOLS > Internet Options > "Advanced" tab > Down at the bottom you will see "Warn if changing between secure and not secure mode" under security options... that should hopefully help.
  • Options
    Um...not sure if that's a compliment or not. LOL!

I guess you'll never know! :p
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    Vedd Hedd wrote:
    I guess you'll never know! :p

c'est la vie

• Options
    Wow, thx for the advice. Hpoefully that will get it! I'll let you guys know.
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    c'est la vie
    Quitter!
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    Vedd Hedd wrote:
    Quitter!

Ditto

• Options
    Ditto
    (more french)
    Touche!
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    Vedd Hedd wrote:
    (more french)
    Touche!

LOL! What is this? The Napoleon Bonaparte thread?

• Options
    LOL! What is this? The Napoleon Bonaparte thread?

Cute.

Oui oui.

Anyway, all of those suggestions combined took care of the probs. Thanks to all!!
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    Vedd Hedd wrote:
    Cute.

Oui oui.

Anyway, all of those suggestions combined took care of the probs. Thanks to all!!

Thought you'd like that. Have fun! Good luck with the tix. Got my fingers crossed for you.

• Options
    Tuolumne MamaTuolumne Mama Posts: 1,210
    I downloaded firefox and want to be sure I'm using it right. First sign on the goods part, then hit tickets. Next scroll to the venue and date and click. If not up yet should I hit refresh or F5? I'm not familiar with Firefox so I appreciate any help. My 12yr old saw PJ with me in June and really loves ITW and this is the only show we can make so I really would love to take him. Thanks for any help or suggestions you can give.
    ======================================================================
    "What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal." Albert Pine.