Pearl Jam/REM/Modest Mouse???

EdHEaDeDEdHEaDeD Posts: 45
edited February 2008 in The Porch
Okay i'm not sure if i heard this right but on a local radio station here in san diego i heard of a tour with all three of these bands!!! REM & Modest Mouse were going to be openers?? Sounds strange but i think i heard them right. The radio station played Hard Sun and mentioned this. I hope its true!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• MagstarMagstar Posts: 117
    Rem?! :d

Okay, I keep editing it... but it won't let me make the smiley and put the band name in all caps at the same time. :(
    It's okay, Pluto. I'm not a planet either.
  • EdHEaDeD wrote:
    Okay i'm not sure if i heard this right but on a local radio station here in san diego i heard of a tour with all three of these bands!!! REM & Modest Mouse were going to be openers?? Sounds strange but i think i heard them right. The radio station played Hard Sun and mentioned this. I hope its true!!

Not saying you heard wrong but I couldn't imagine PJ opening for REM. I think The National and Modest Mouse are opening for REM on their upcoming tour.
    2006: Boston I, Camden II
    2007: Chicago
    2008: Hartford, Mansfield I & II, EV Boston
    2009: Philly III & IV
    2010: Boston
    2011: PJ20
    2012: Philly
    2013: Worcester I & II, Brooklyn I & II
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,041
    I know that Rhinomagic would love this tour!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Ehh...no.

R.E.M. is touring with Modest Mouse and The National. Perhaps someone got that confused.
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Yeah i must have heard wrong but they mentioned pearl jam after, hard sun played on the radio touring? REM/ Modest Mouse were also mentioned? I guess i'm wrong again oh well wishful thinking. I guess will find out sooner or later!
  • wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    Aren't they all mentioned in the Bonnaroo lineup? Maybe that's what they were talking about. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    Tangerine wrote:
    Not saying you heard wrong but I couldn't imagine PJ opening for REM. I think The National and Modest Mouse are opening for REM on their upcoming tour.

Well they always seem to have two like, really big acts to make it worth everything...

(rem? pearl jam? i could see it happening...)
  • uglybabouglybabo Posts: 520
    I still think it's a possbility that Pearl Jam and REM will co-headline some southern shows...

I noticed when REM's tour dates were announced that they had no dates down south. Then the rumors of some Pearl Jam shows this year... I'm just saying that it would make sense.