Options

Hard to Imagine is an amazing opener!!!!

edited June 2008 in The Porch
hope they do that more often. it was nice to hear Release later on, too.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    InHiding19InHiding19 Posts: 2,385
    I couldn't believe they opened with that shit.
    Out of the Blue and Into the Black................Uncle Neil Philly 08 here I come!!!!
  • Options
    Gonzo1977Gonzo1977 Posts: 1,696
    "Hard to Imagine" is a great song.
    Out of all the B-sides...this song really sticks out as one that should have made it onto one of the earlier records. It's easily one of their best songs.

I was lucky to see them play this in London Ont in 2005. I never thought I'd get to hear it live and sure enough; it sounded fucking amazing.

I love how they've dusted it off for this tour as well. It's definately a song that needs to be played more often.

Opening with it at Bonnaroo was fucking sweet.
  • Options
    CameronismCameronism Posts: 12
    Yes London was a real suprise, but the Bonnaroo opener, unfreakin believable!
    Mark D. Willis
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,874
    was listening to the New Regal Theater show in Chicago from 94, they played Yellow Ledbetter in the set, but not as a closer, it was really refereshing to be honest. And this show is amazing BTW for all the debaters.
  • Options
    teflonsteveteflonsteve Posts: 275
    I nearly lost it when Stone played those opening notes in Halifax. Even though I was there for the soundcheck and heard them play it I had completely forgotten it.
    9/20/05 - Quebec City
    9/22/05 - Halifax
    6/19/08 - Camden 
    6/28/08 - Mansfield 
    9/07/11 - Montreal
    5/05/16 - Quebec City
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,948
    Oxxys wrote:
    I couldn't believe they opened with that shit.

i know, when i saw it i said "holy shit" out loud and then looked at the first couple of posts in the setlist thread and a couple were "holy shit"

i would love to hear that anywhere in a setlist.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II '24
  • Options
    electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,458
    MrSmith wrote:
    hope they do that more often. it was nice to hear Release later on, too.

sounds as though it would be a great opener!!...~
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"