Options

how much will it suck if i cant make it to bonnaroo til friday night?

edited June 2008 in The Porch
looks like my friend cant go until friday after school. I know i'll miss Friday's supercool bands, but hopefully i will make it to MMJ's show.

anyone have experience with this? will have to walk ten miles in the dark to get to the stages? maybe i should just park in the day parking and camp saturday night.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,009
    MrSmith wrote:
    looks like my friend cant go until friday after school. I know i'll miss Friday's supercool bands, but hopefully i will make it to MMJ's show.

anyone have experience with this? will have to walk ten miles in the dark to get to the stages? maybe i should just park in the day parking and camp saturday night.
    I thought about doing this as well when I was trying to make the Tampa show, but now after looking at the schedule, I'm glad that I passed on Tampa- Friday will be the best day for music (non-PJ of course) out of the entire weekend. I'm not arriving until Thursday night and I'm expecting around a 30 min walk
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    Better than not going at all <_<
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,009
    Better than not going at all <_<
    I referred your name yesterday for someone that was looking for some Roo tickets, did you get a PM?
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    Nah but the tickets are already sold. Got a lousy $400 for the pair of them :(
  • Options
    Goofy08073Goofy08073 Posts: 41
    im in the same situation. i think it will be worth it. i have exams on friday and the earliest i can get there is 630 and im gonna still go.
    are you flying?
    "Till there was rock you only had God"
    -David Bowie
  • Options
    LukinFan wrote:
    I thought about doing this as well when I was trying to make the Tampa show, but now after looking at the schedule, I'm glad that I passed on Tampa- Friday will be the best day for music (non-PJ of course) out of the entire weekend. I'm not arriving until Thursday night and I'm expecting around a 30 min walk

yeah. i'm bummed i'll miss out on Raconteurs, Truckers, Les Claypool and a few others. The Saturday lineup is kinda weak. oh well. i get my PJ and then maybe Sigur Ros. I heard the Kanye show is pretty good even if you dont like him.

Sucks that Superjam is opposite MMJ too. might be a tough choice.
  • Options
    Goofy08073 wrote:
    im in the same situation. i think it will be worth it. i have exams on friday and the earliest i can get there is 630 and im gonna still go.
    are you flying?
    i'm driving up from New Orleans Friday. I'm going to be speeding to get there by ten, if i'm lucky.
  • Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    I'd suggest getting there as early as you can on Thursday. Not only will you miss a lot of music by going Friday, but you'll end up in butt fuck nowhere. Being a 45 min walk from your tent to Centeroo is brutle in that heat. Trust me.
  • Options
    Red Lukin wrote:
    I'd suggest getting there as early as you can on Thursday. Not only will you miss a lot of music by going Friday, but you'll end up in butt fuck nowhere. Being a 45 min walk from your tent to Centeroo is brutle in that heat. Trust me.

thursday isnt happening. i'm pretty much resolved to missing half of the Roo, but i promised i wouldnt leave my little buddy. I can't leave her behind!

some friends of ours are going thursday. maybe we could just sleep in one of their cars or something so we wont have to walk so far.