Jeff interview during Sonics game

2»

Comments

• someone just text this to me

I am hoping for a political album to drop in Nov. Get busy guys! ;)

I also got texted...woo hoo :-)
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,041
    wazzukick wrote:
    I just saw it. He mentioned that the guys are going to be getting into the studio in a few weeks and begin writing. That is awesome news.
    In a couple of weeks???!!! Sweet!!! :)
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • what a relief
    Mansfield II: # 23, since '03

routine was the theme..

there aint gonna be any middle any more
  • Be SoundBe Sound Posts: 199
    I am so excited!
    Don't it make you smile
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,409
    wazzukick wrote:
    I just saw it. He mentioned that the guys are going to be getting into the studio in a few weeks and begin writing. That is awesome news.

OMG, that's great news! :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • evenflowmanevenflowman Posts: 1,347
    New pj album and Christmas single all comes in the same package this year huh
  • VOLITIONVOLITION Posts: 328
    I hope they take their time. No need to rush it.

I completely agree, i would rather wait a year and a half for a solid record as opposed to something they try to plow through to get out for the elections
    "it feels like it's the end of the world and we all got a good seat. you know -- step right up, get your tickets...here we go."

- EV
  • a5pja5pj Posts: 3,884
    NIIICE!! Mike said April a few months ago! Good to see they are going in early. You never know about release dates with these guys. If they go in with a lot of ideas and their creative juices are flowing...could record quick...could also go the other way. Either way I'm excited that they will finally be recording soon!

They always say April...
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• just do it TEN style 3 weeks in the studio we'll have it for the summer nothing better than PJ album in the summer time
    Speaking as a child of the 90's
  • While J.I. was watching his beloved Cleveland Cavaliers get obliterated tonight by the Seattle Supersonics (hey, no Lebron though), we took some solace in a quick on-air interview with Pearl Jam bassist Jeff Ament, who revealed that the band was about to regroup after a six months-plus hiatus.

"We're gonna get together here in a couple of weeks and try and write some stuff," said Ament, who also weighed in on the talents of star Sonics rookie Kevin Durant ("he's fast ... and long") and the quality of the snow in the Pacific Northwest of late ("probably the best in 10 years," he claimed).

Beyond the upcoming writing session, J.I. is in the know that Pearl Jam is going to play some shows before too long. One appearance may even be ready to announce as early as next week.
    " I think the thing that has always driven me to play music is the feeling you get when you just close your eyes and play. When you shut off the logic in your brain, and play from your heart. I think that's what made me become a musician - that feeling you get. Especially, if you are with a group of people who are in the same zone, and heading towards that same place in the song. I think you share an intimacy in those situations that you can only compare to sharing intimacy with a lover. I think it's the same place. It's a feeling that I crave for sure. " Jeff Ament
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    yieldgirl wrote:
    While J.I. was watching his beloved Cleveland Cavaliers get obliterated tonight by the Seattle Supersonics (hey, no Lebron though), we took some solace in a quick on-air interview with Pearl Jam bassist Jeff Ament, who revealed that the band was about to regroup after a six months-plus hiatus.

"We're gonna get together here in a couple of weeks and try and write some stuff," said Ament, who also weighed in on the talents of star Sonics rookie Kevin Durant ("he's fast ... and long") and the quality of the snow in the Pacific Northwest of late ("probably the best in 10 years," he claimed).

Beyond the upcoming writing session, J.I. is in the know that Pearl Jam is going to play some shows before too long. One appearance may even be ready to announce as early as next week.

Who is J.I.? This sounds to good to be true.
    Brian
  • SBC03SBC03 Posts: 502
    south warm up
    See this needle...a see my hand...
    Drop drop dropping it down...oh so gently...
    Well here it comes...I touch the plane...
    Turn me up...won't turn you away...
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    VOLITION wrote:
    I completely agree, i would rather wait a year and a half for a solid record as opposed to something they try to plow through to get out for the elections
    On the other hand, taking forever on an album means writers block. A quick album can be just as great. It could mean they are full of great ideas. If Ed alone can pump out Into the Wild in 2 weeks, imagine what the six of them could come up with in just a few months..
  • DmaceDmace Posts: 9
    new PJ music, new tour, new reason to get out of bed
    Arms raised in a V:
    1992 Irvine, 1998 Inglewood CA (both shows), 2000 Los Angeles, 2000 San Bernardino, 2002 Seattle, 2003 Irvine, 2003 Chicago, 2003 Santa Barbara, 2006 Saint Paul, 2006 Los Angeles (both shows). 2008 Los Angeles EV (solo)
  • Back into studio??? Anyone have seen Brendan O'Brien in Seattle at all???? I honestly hope he's back to produce their music 'cause the last two and a half (knowing he only mixed Binaural) wasn't as great as when he was around to produce the other ones (minus Ten). And listening to the new Bruce Springsteen with O'Brien's job for it, I'm pretty sure that a new PJ album with O'Brien would sound amazing!!!
    "You're not what you own"
    Ian MacKaye, Fugazi

Wasn't there: Mtl 1998/08/20, Mtl 2000/10/04, T.O. 2003/06/28, Mtl 2003/06/29, Boston 2004/09/28, Mtl 2005/09/15, Ott 2005/09/16, T.O. 2005/09/19, T.O. 2006/05/10
  • einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    BAAAAAAAAA

Can't leave this board for a moment

BAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good boys! When inspiration calls - go for it!
  • btb002btb002 Posts: 183
    With an election year, it has to be out before November! I think Ten was recorded in March and released at the end of August. So maybe July or August at the earliest.

I also heard that Eric Kretz, of STP fame, is recording some drums in his studio and when Scott finished with the VR tour in April he was going to do some pre-production.

Pearl Jam and Stone Temple Pilots would definitely make this year a whole hell of a lot better for me. Before all I had to look forward to was R.E.M.'s accelerate, and then other minor releases.
    You are just a negative mindless pud.