Options

Selling poster for rent.

nocodelover22nocodelover22 Posts: 108
edited July 2008 in The Porch
So I'm just looking for thoughts on this. I'm 19, moving into a house in about a months time and I'm so fucked for cash. I did it to myself fully and I'm not looking for sympathy, but I was laying in bed tonight, trying to think of what I could do for money and a straight up awful thought came up. I could sell some of my concert posters for the cash. I have a Mansfield night 1 poster that I adore and I really hate that idea, but I REALLY need the money. Any thoughts/advice anyone wanna lay on me. I'd appreciate it.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Rjonesrm20Rjonesrm20 Posts: 380
    u could always sell it to me....
    1998: Indy 2000: Indy, Cincy 2003: Lexington (m.e.o.), Cincy (cancelled),Indy 2004: Toledo 2005: Atlantic City 2 2006: Cleveland, Cincy 2008: Los Angeles1 (EV solo)-front row center!West Palm Beach-2nd row!, Tampa, Chicago 1&2-(EV solo) 2009: Nashville 1&2(EV solo) Memphis(EV solo) Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    Dirty StuartDirty Stuart Posts: 182
    have a look over at Espresso Beans - that'll give you a guide price wise
    OH: You need to stop buying Pearl Jam stuff, we have no room
    Me: How about we just get a bigger house?

http://db.etree.org/DirtyStuart
    http://randomismsofa.blogspot.com
  • Options
    yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    have a look over at Expresso Beans - that'll give you a guide price wise

It'll also give you an idea of who might be interested in your posters.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • Options
    Dirty StuartDirty Stuart Posts: 182
    yosi wrote:
    It'll also give you an idea of who might be interested in your posters.

That's an even better site... :P
    OH: You need to stop buying Pearl Jam stuff, we have no room
    Me: How about we just get a bigger house?

http://db.etree.org/DirtyStuart
    http://randomismsofa.blogspot.com
  • Options
    release30release30 Posts: 2,051
    Mansfield 1 poster.....I'll give you $25 for it...
    Conversations getting dull
    There's a constant ringing in my ears
    Sense of humor's void and numb
    And I'm bored to tears.......
  • Options
    The only time I will sell my PJ stuff is when I want another collectible PJ item that I feel is too expensive to spend "new" money on. So for instance when I wanted Binaural on vinyl I sold a couple posters that I had come to realize would be sitting in my flat file until I died.

While I have never sold my PJ stuff solely for the money, if I were in a position where I had to decide between being homeless or selling some posters, the posters would obvioulsy go. But for me it would be paying my mortgage not rent, which is very different. If it were to pay the rent and it was something I loved, I would try to find a different way to pay the bills. But I am 33 years old and look at things a lot differently than a 19 year old probably.
    "Goddamn Romans. Sure know how to make a ... drum room." --Matt Cameron
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    but I was laying in bed tonight, trying to think of what I could do for money and a straight up awful thought came up. I could sell some of my concert posters for the cash.

why is that "straight up awful"?

it is only a poster. take care of your priorities.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    by the way, in case anyone hasnt noticed. Pearl Jam posters are not rare or anything like that so its not like you cant go back and buy the one you want later when you have the funds

shoot, there are 15,000 of them out there just from the 2008 tour alone, after the 10c sale and all the AP's...

1000 posters per concert = not very rare

so sell it and buy it later when you can. not mention it is going to cost you $200 to frame it, 8 times the face value of the actual poster
  • Options
    The StugotsThe Stugots Posts: 306
    If the house is more than you can afford, won't you have the same problem with the second month's rent?
  • Options
    EbossEboss Posts: 1
    I got to the venue too late to get the Mansfield poster that night, I would be interested in buying it.
    1994 Miami
    1998 West Palm Beach
    2000 West Palm Beach
    2003 West Palm Beach
    2008 West Palm Beach
    2008 Mansfield I
  • Options
    gozzo5058gozzo5058 Posts: 611
    So I'm just looking for thoughts on this. I'm 19, moving into a house in about a months time and I'm so fucked for cash. I did it to myself fully and I'm not looking for sympathy, but I was laying in bed tonight, trying to think of what I could do for money and a straight up awful thought came up. I could sell some of my concert posters for the cash. I have a Mansfield night 1 poster that I adore and I really hate that idea, but I REALLY need the money. Any thoughts/advice anyone wanna lay on me. I'd appreciate it.

is it signed and numbered?
    s

Montreal/98, Toronto/00'03'05'06x2, Brad Toronto/02, Buffalo/03, Kitchener/05, London/05, Hamilton/05, Late Show Taping/06, Cleveland/06, Pittsburgh/06, Bridge School Benefit Concert/06, Hartford/08, Mansfield 1/08, EV Montreal/08x2, EV Toronto/08x2...
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,009
    Eboss wrote:
    I got to the venue too late to get the Mansfield poster that night, I would be interested in buying it.
    I feel bad now because I have one and I didn't even go to the show
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest