Rumor talk is dying down.

4Powers204Powers20 Posts: 1,210
edited March 2008 in The Porch
I like it better when there are alot of rumors of shows to look forward to, but it has gotten somewhat quiet since the Ed dates were announced. Still keeping my fingers crossed and my vacation days available.

"We're running out of beer, too?" EV 6/19/08

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• i understand him wanting to keep it small and close to home but i'm really bummed the fuck out,i love the ITW soundtrack and would love to hear them performed live!!

now i know how you southerners feel!! :)
  • LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,964

now i know how you southerners feel!! :)

but atleast our drought will end this summer at Bonnaroo (thank God!)
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
  • Does anyone remember all of them?

The only ones I can seem to remember are:

Ed at Beacon Theater
    Ed in Toronto
    PJ in NYC june/july
    PJ in San Diego
    PJ at the Gorge.

was hoping at least some of these would be true
    2004 - 10/1, 10/11
    2005 - 9/15, 9/16, 9/30, 10/1, 10/3
    2006 - 5/5, 5/12, 5/13, 5/27, 5/28, 5/30, 6/1, 6/3, 6/23, 7/22, 7/23, 12/2
    2007 - 6/27, 8/3
    2008 - 6/14, 6/19, 6/20, 6/22, 6/24, 6/25, 6/27, 6/28, 6/30, 7/1
  • PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    BeerBaron wrote:
    Yep, the last week or so has been very quiet around here. You'd expect the opposite given all the rumours that were swirling around. They've died down rather than gathering steam ...
    because it's getting bloody tiresome having tons of contradictory rumours and you just end up giving up on any timely announcement and plan over stuff?

I know that's where I'm now.. I just ignore the rumours until some FACTS finally appear..

which I'd bet won't now be until Ed finishes his tour ..
  • it's just heartache to talk about them coming to your neck of the woods,then they don't!!!

like getting kicked in the nuts when you are about to climax(not speaking from experience :) )
  • PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    BeerBaron wrote:
    The only other ones I remember were:

PJ in Boston (no dates)
    PJ in Philly for 2 shows (no dates)
    you forgot ACL
  • PearlJainPearlJain Posts: 565
    I feel like I've been "begging" to much for Pearl Jam to tour the South (on the Southern Thread) - and I don't care much for rumors anyway. They'll either tour this year in the South- (as a band - and hopefully other than "Roo") or someplace else here in the U.S........or....they won't. I'm just going to go live my life until they announce something here on this board. I personally would like something more convenient than Roo - since my only goal is to see them. But it's not about me. I'm taking a break from all of this - and am going to watch Into the Wild about 50 times. (and then I'll probably miss something on here!) Ha! C'est la vie!
    The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated - Gandhi

"Empty pockets will Allow a greater Sense of wealth...." EV/ITW
  • TheLostSoulTheLostSoul Posts: 773
    maybe you should make something up...
    I miss you hippiemom.
  • the false rumors are extremly disheartining. To see them play in europe last summer, then bonnaroo is announced, then west coast tour(s), sucks being on teh east and hearing about upwards of 5 shows i can go see, and then not getting facts
    E. Rutherford 6/03/06
    Camden 6/19/08
    Newark 5/18/10
    MSG 5/20/10
    MSG 5/21/10
    Brian (Staten Island): Does Boom even speak to you guys?

SportsNation Jeff Ament: (6:42 PM ET ) we can only speak to Boom when spoken to...
  • BeerBaron wrote:
    We are all in the same boat. But usually where there is smoke, there is fire. I am sure some of these rumours won't end up being true, but it looks like, at a minimum, we will get some shows other than 'Roo this summer, which is good news as far as I am concerned :)

without a doubt, a small rumor is better than no rumor
    E. Rutherford 6/03/06
    Camden 6/19/08
    Newark 5/18/10
    MSG 5/20/10
    MSG 5/21/10
    Brian (Staten Island): Does Boom even speak to you guys?

SportsNation Jeff Ament: (6:42 PM ET ) we can only speak to Boom when spoken to...
  • Is Ed playing with them at these so called concerts? I soo worried.

I understand time off is needed but can't we be let in on it instead of all the rumours.

When Matchbox Twenty took a break they announced it and I was glad to know they would be back.

This is killing me the not being sure.

And why when Ed finally breaks down and does a video is it one without the band?

It all just seems weird. I hear of tours and then no shows and everything else. I just wish we knew.

I was around when the Beatles broke up, no laughing, and cried like a baby forever. I don't wanna cry no more!:sad:
    vedderfan1
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,250
    VEDDERFAN1 wrote:
    Is Ed playing with them at these so called concerts? I soo worried.

I understand time off is needed but can't we be let in on it instead of all the rumours.

When Matchbox Twenty took a break they announced it and I was glad to know they would be back.

This is killing me the not being sure.

And why when Ed finally breaks down and does a video is it one without the band?

It all just seems weird. I hear of tours and then no shows and everything else. I just wish we knew.

I was around when the Beatles broke up, no laughing, and cried like a baby forever. I don't wanna cry no more!:sad:

ha you do know that ED is doing a small west coast solo tour right ?? :eek:..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,292
    There was also that Minneapolis newspaper article stating that PJ was trying to book a show at the Target Center during the Republican National Convention and also in Denver during the Democratic National Convention.
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,275
    Ahhh, poster above me..Yes Primus sucks. They suck so bad I don't ever want to see them again and I hope that Les doesn't play Roo ;)

As for Pearl Jam...there will be more dates added eventually. With all the rumors the last month or so I can't see there not being anything else. Just takes time.

Then the bitching and heartache about tickets will start. A vicious circle that we just can't get out of! It's just all part of being a crazy ass Pearl Jam fan.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!