Options

Here is an Idea...

Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
edited March 2008 in The Porch
If you were not able to get tickets today, I have a secret (that many people know about ;) ). If you try TicketMaster and are unhappy with tickets you get, or get shut out, go to the venue the day of the show. Get in line at the ticket window and wait to see if tickets are released. You may be surprised and get some really good seats. Even better than your 10c # seats.

Saw some people looking to buy tickets in the parking lot at NJ2, they had a sign up in the car window. Told them about the window and saw them on the way back to the car. They thanked us profusely and got great seats!

I know people don't like to talk about "secrets" like this, but I feel so bad for people that just don't know there is still hope for good seats without breaking the bank.
Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    release30release30 Posts: 2,051
    I have also been to shows where gracious 10c fans have given me great seats for face value...
    Conversations getting dull
    There's a constant ringing in my ears
    Sense of humor's void and numb
    And I'm bored to tears.......
  • Options
    mauichickmauichick Posts: 964
    Sprunkn7 wrote:
    If you were not able to get tickets today, I have a secret (that many people know about ;) ). If you try TicketMaster and are unhappy with tickets you get, or get shut out, go to the venue the day of the show. Get in line at the ticket window and wait to see if tickets are released. You may be surprised and get some really good seats. Even better than your 10c # seats.

Saw some people looking to buy tickets in the parking lot at NJ2, they had a sign up in the car window. Told them about the window and saw them on the way back to the car. They thanked us profusely and got great seats!

I know people don't like to talk about "secrets" like this, but I feel so bad for people that just don't know there is still hope for good seats without breaking the bank.

Unfortunately, the MSG line will probably be a Campout
    Fun yes, and very worth it if you have the time to spare
    '96 7 shows / '97 3 shows / '98 15 shows
    '00 12 shows / '03 4 shows / '06 6 shows
    '08 3 shows / '09 5 shows / '10 6 shows
  • Options
    mauichick wrote:
    Unfortunately, the MSG line will probably be a Campout
    Fun yes, and very worth it if you have the time to spare
    True but if you want it there is some hope! I have never done it at MSG.
  • Options
    Sprunkn7 wrote:

Get in line, but also GET ON YOUR CELL PHONE AND CALL THE BOX OFFICE\AREA TM # as well.

They access different seats in different ways, and you may have better luck with the person on the phone than the person in the window! DOUBLE your options! :D

NO FUCKING AROUND THOUGH, you have like ONE MINUTE or something before those tickets are GONE, so if the lady on the phone says "row X on Stones side" just FUCKING TAKE THE TICKETS, don't wait to get to the window, hoping for "Row W on Mike's side" because you will end up either totally fucked, or with ROW ZZ BEHIND the stage at that point.
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • Options
    get tix for FL, VA, SC tonight

Sprunkn7 wrote:

• Options
    get tix for FL, VA, SC tonight

I don't want to laugh...

Hahahehehe

But I have to!
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Another thing is just keep checking ticketmaster. At times there are ticket drops. I got a pit/GA Springsteen ticket one week before the supposedly sold out Rochester show, and decent ticket the day of a U2 show in Montreal. You just have to keep checking.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    I got Camden 2 in 2006 like two weeks before the show. We had 10c for 1st night, but decided to go 2nd if we could get a seat and not lawn. I checked daily and pop, there it was!
  • Options
    oldermanolderman Posts: 1,765
    I have also had luck on day or so before the show with ticket master(baiter). don't have any idea where the tix come from but they have always been decent seats.

For the KC 2003 show, I kept searching tm for a friend and got two excellent seats on the day before the show. These weren't quite as good as my 10c seats, but anyone on this forum would have been more than glad to score them, even thru the 10c pre-sale.
    Down the street you can hear her scream youre a disgrace
    As she slams the door in his drunken face
    And now he stands outside
    And all the neighbours start to gossip and drool
    He cries oh, girl you must be mad,
    What happened to the sweet love you and me had?
    Against the door he leans and starts a scene,
    And his tears fall and burn the garden green
  • Options
    release30release30 Posts: 2,051
    Conversations getting dull
    There's a constant ringing in my ears
    Sense of humor's void and numb
    And I'm bored to tears.......
  • Options
    dlymnflddlymnfld CT Posts: 917
    Craig's List. Check out EV in CA. There are a bunch for face value or a little higher. You can get tix for face value on that sight and I usually meet in person or do payapl. Just have to be persisent and keep checking. People panic about getting rid of tix even when there is a big demand because no one (myself included) wants the hassle of wasting time just for a few dollars.
    Springfield 4/6/94, Boston 4/6/94, Hartford 10/2/96, New York 9/11/98, Hartford 9/13/98, Mansfield 8/30/00, Boston 9/28/04, Reading 10/1/04, Quebec City 9/20/05, Boston 5/24/06, Hartford 5/13/06, New York 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08 Philadelphia 10/31/09, Hartford 10/15/10,
    Boston 10/17/10, East Troy 9/3/11, East Troy 9/4/11, Missoula 9/30/12, Worcester 10/15/13, Hartford 10/25/13, Charlottesville 10/29/13,
    St. Paul 10/19/14, New York 9/26/15, Quebec City 5/5/16, Boston 8/5/16, Boston 9/2/18, Boston 9/4/18, Quebec City 9/1/22, Camden 9/14/22, Oklahoma City 9/20/22 
  • Options
    wilfmisswilfmiss Posts: 196
    Sprunkn7 wrote:

This is how i got tickets the first time i saw pearl jam while i was on spring break. Eight hours in the Florida sun was totally worth it!
    3-29-94-FL/9-24-96-MD/9-18-98-MD/9-05-00-PA/4-26-03-PA/5-03-03-PA/7-12-03-PA/10-1-04-PA/9-19-05-ON/9-28-05-PA/5-09-06-ON/5-10-06-ON/6-23-06-PA/6-19-08-NJ/10-28-09-PA/5-20-10-NY/5-21-10-NY/9-11-11-ON/9-12-11-ON/9-2-12-PA/9-22-12-GA/10-11-13-PA/10-18-13-NY/10-19-13-NY/10-16-14-MI/9-26-15-NY/4-9-16-FL/4-11-16-FL/8-8-18-WA/8-10-18-WA
  • Options
    AllieAllie Posts: 2,908
    JaneNY wrote:
    Another thing is just keep checking ticketmaster. At times there are ticket drops. I got a pit/GA Springsteen ticket one week before the supposedly sold out Rochester show, and decent ticket the day of a U2 show in Montreal. You just have to keep checking.
    that's how I got into the show at the Meadowlands in '06 also, I got the ticket like maybe 2 weeks before the show.
    also the going to the ticket window thing is true, I did that at Yankee Stadium with my dad and we got in on OPening Day last year (we got awesome seats) and got into a few playoff games!!
    and now I see they changed the online sale date to the 11th? So if that's the case I'll be online and dialing the phone number as well. Whateve I get through with first! :)
    I remember trying to get tickets for Borgata on Ticketmaster and they quite literally sold out in 1 minute. When I called that's what they told me! D'oh!
    "...like a word misplaced, nothing said, what a waste.."
    "Sometimes life should be consumed in measured doses"
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • Options
    mauichickmauichick Posts: 964
    Sprunkn7 wrote:
    True but if you want it there is some hope! I have never done it at MSG.

I havn't either, but I've seen the line...
    Other cities not as competitive, i've seen plenty of happy people
    and a few 10c's trading up
    This is a great thing that the band has consistently done, hopefully that won't change (sorry i'm still bitter over my msg shutout..)

Good luck to everyone looking for tix
    '96 7 shows / '97 3 shows / '98 15 shows
    '00 12 shows / '03 4 shows / '06 6 shows
    '08 3 shows / '09 5 shows / '10 6 shows
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,085
    craigslist does work, especially closer to the show. for the reading show in 2004, i got one for 40 bucks which was 10 dollars less than face value.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    mjbmjb Posts: 1,314
    Great idea for locals - I have scored day of tickets plenty of times...but a pretty risky move for a trip me thinks.
  • Options
    sk8nshoot1sk8nshoot1 Posts: 722
    I waited online at the box office five hours before the start of World Series game 2 in Detroit in 2006 and got great seats... first row next to the foul pole... Tickets were returns to MLB from the teams...
    1996: Randall's Island I, Hartford
    1998: MSG I, Hartford
    2000: Jones Beach I
    2003: Albany, MSG II, Mansfield II & III, Homdel
    2004: Boston (VFC) I & II
    2006: Albany, Hartford, Boston I and E. Rutherford I
    2008: MSG I & II, Hartford, Mansfield II (saw BostonLou in the FRONT ROW!!) EV-NYC II
    2010: Hartford
    2013 Worcester II, Hartford
    2016 Fenway I
    2018 Wrigley II, Fenway II
  • Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,779
    sk8nshoot1 wrote:
    I waited online at the box office five hours before the start of World Series game 2 in Detroit in 2006 and got great seats... first row next to the foul pole... Tickets were returns to MLB from the teams...

same here for a Bears/Falcons game in Chicago a few years back. face value, front row in the end zone. tickets reserved for friends/family of the players get released the day of the game.