Options

People who saw ev solo more than once

restless_soulrestless_soul Posts: 26
edited July 2008 in The Porch
on the west coast leg...I've seen the setlists did the shows feel different enough to see ev 2 nights in a row?

Randall's Island 96----NJ 1 '06
14 shows and counting
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,557
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    on the west coast leg...I've seen the setlists did the shows feel different enough to see ev 2 nights in a row?

I saw the 1st two nights in Vancouver. Setlist wise, if I remember correctly, they were the two most similar for the same city. If you're going to travel to see one, you might as well see both.

Both shows did have a different vibe though. Being as one had 10c tickets, and the other wasn't.
    NERDS!
  • Options
    WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    I hit up LA1 and 2. I'm glad I went to both, but would not have regretted only going to 1.

They were almost the same show. Enough that if money is an issue I would suggest just hitting one.
  • Options
    thanks

Randall's Island 96----NJ 1 '06
    14 shows and counting
  • Options
    58823005882300 Posts: 813
    Went to 3 on the WC and plan on hitting two in Chicago if I am lucky tomorrow. The set lists don't very too much but you just can't beat the intimacy and the sound you get. I spent much of my time with my eyes closed just trying to absorb every sound nuance. They were all very different experiences and I would do it again in a heart beat. The solo shows are very different world. Go for it!
  • Options
    WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    5882300 wrote:
    Went to 3 on the WC and plan on hitting two in Chicago if I am lucky tomorrow. The set lists don't very too much but you just can't beat the intimacy and the sound you get. I spent much of my time with my eyes closed just trying to absorb every sound nuance. They were all very different experiences and I would do it again in a heart beat. The solo shows are very different world. Go for it!

Funny you said that. I had my eyes closed for at least half of the 2nd show I saw. Really wanted to soak in the sound. Eddie is Amazing solo.
  • Options
    SDHSClassof82SDHSClassof82 Seattle Posts: 306

For me, four shows were each a totally different experience regardless of the setlist. San Diego 1 and 2 are a good example. Excellent both nights, but boy is he crabby when he doesn't get enough sleep : ) Night one had some edgy energy behind it and hilarious stories. Night two was an end of the tour, mom's in the audience, lemme break out some Bad Radio, free-for-all. He also did a way kicked up version of Far Behind I loved.
    “Wind in my hair, I feel part of everywhere...
    Late at night I hear the trees, they're singing with the dead...overhead...”
  • Options
    mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    Went to 4 on the west coast and would do it again in a heartbeat! Especially with Liam opening! I actually enjoyed the EV solo shows better than the Camden 2 PJ show this year! They were amazing and I'll be hitting the east coast shows (at least NYC) if I can secure tickets.
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    5882300 wrote:
    hitting two in Chicago if I am lucky tomorrow.
    glad you said this cause ive been wondering... they dont ALL go on sale tomorrow july 7th right @ 9 pacific? cause according to the thread it looks like chicago is wednesday... right? id actually prefer tomorrow since i dont have work... but thats not how i understand it
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    iwasthereiwasthere Posts: 511
    I went to 6 EV west coast shows.

Planning on 5 or 6 more.

I only went to 3 PJ shows. This due to when I had money more than anything.
    tacos
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    i went to 3 shows in 3 different cities and that was great....different vibe in each town

and remember ed is pretty chatty at these shows....each night was different shtick.....he climbed down from a rope in santa barbara....someone presented ed with his golden globe at la1.......he was just hilarious at sd1....

so if you can swing it, try different cities :D
  • Options
    CanvasAdamCanvasAdam Posts: 134
    i saw him both nights in LA and night 2 in SD, and every night was pretty unique. the setlists themselves were fairly similar, but each night had its standout moments.

not to mention getting to sit right next ti eddie's mom in SD was awesome =D

link to pic...

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e377/ ... 1215404974

you should definetely check out a couple shows if it is in your budget and schedule, you won't regret it!
    1998... 9/3
    2000... 8/7, 8/15, 11/5, 11/6
    2001... 10/20, 10/21, 10/22
    2002... 12/8, 12/9
    2003... 4/9, 4/18, 4/19, 7/8, 7/9
    2004... 10/6, 10/8
    2006... 5/16, 5/17, 5/30
    2008... EV Solo 4/12, 4/13, 4/16
    2008... PJ 6/14, 7/12
    2008... Stone Solo 10/11
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    I went to Van1 and both SD. They were all unique imo. I'm really glad that I went to all three. :) I've heard/read differing opinions about his shows, and it seems to me it comes down to set lists vs Ed's banter. If you're just there for the songs, one might be fine, but if you like to listen to Ed you'd like them all. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."