Options

VFC idiot who makes fun of Canada in the video

24veddie24veddie Posts: 267
edited November 2008 in The Porch
"The war in Iraq had to be done. Who's gonna do it? Canada?" (laughs) with moron beside him.

I bet he feels like a dumbass now.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,615
    That guy is a dumbass!
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    That guy is a dumbass!

a full blown idiot!
  • Options
    i thought the dude was funny.

i heard canada doesn't even have any nuclear weapons. that's lamo
    ########################
    Celebration, the ball's in play
  • Options
    rockpantsrockpants BC Posts: 838
    i thought the dude was funny.

i heard canada doesn't even have any nuclear weapons. that's peaceful

It is, isn't it? :)
  • Options
    nope, they are unable to bomb other countries into 'democracy'.
  • Options
    MiddenMidden Posts: 16
    I think the last time Canada declared war was against Japan in WW2. It was after Pearl Harbor and, because of the way the government worked, Canada was able to declare war a day earlier than the US. Canada has been involved in plenty of military actions since but not as declaration of any kind of war. It was always a part of UN peace keeping missions and/or NATO activities. Some Canadians fought in places like Viet Nam but as individuals who joined the US military. Canada had no official role.
  • Options
    Midden wrote:
    I think the last time Canada declared war was against Japan in WW2. It was after Pearl Harbor and, because of the way the government worked, Canada was able to declare war a day earlier than the US. Canada has been involved in plenty of military actions since but not as declaration of any kind of war. It was always a part of UN peace keeping missions and/or NATO activities. Some Canadians fought in places like Viet Nam but as individuals who joined the US military. Canada had no official role.
    We were HEAVILY involved in Europe during WWI and WWII, the way the Gov't worked, we had to go to war when England did.

And we are very proud of not being in Iraq or Vietnam.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options
    eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980

And we are very proud of not being in Iraq or Vietnam.

As well you should be.
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    Gonzo1977Gonzo1977 Posts: 1,696
    24veddie wrote:
    "The war in Iraq had to be done. Who's gonna do it? Canada?" (laughs) with moron beside him.

I bet he feels like a dumbass now.

Yes.
    This Bush-Loving numbskull and his frat-boy lover pretty much embody the ignorance and overall stupidity of the time.

I'm glad those years are behind us.

Hopefully this moron has found a new band to embarrass.
  • Options
    MiddenMidden Posts: 16
    Sorry, I guess I wasn't clear. The declaration of war against Japan was the last time. Yes, there were times before. But Canada has not declared war against anyone since. The "war" in Afganistan is not a war declared by Canada - they are there as part of the UN. The war in Iraq is really only a US and British thing that was not UN sanctioned with some others now helping out because, once the US "won", there was an increased need to help out with the "peace".

I don't think there are many left in the world who still think that Iraq had anything to do with 9/11, Al Queda, the Taliban, etc. In fact, they are among those Saddam was brutally oppressing (but of course, also the Kurds, etc.). But of course now the problem is that there is a power vacuum in the region and the extremists are trying to fill it. And if they do, then you can expect that things will get worse, as they did in Iran after the Shaw was deposed. So the real problem is that, if the US pulls out now, what is there to prevent retributions and possibly even a full blown genocide? The invasion of Iraq should not have happened. One consequence was that too much attention and resources went to there so 1) this weakened efforts in Afganistan when there was a chance, early on, of something positive to come from that effort (since Afganistan was then ruled by the Taliban and definitely played a big part in 9/11. 2) There were no resources, etc., to do anything about the genocide in the Sudan or the far worse one in the Congo. In fact, the genocide in the Congo is now becoming recognised as the worst since WW2.