Options

my 2 cents on mansfield

2»

Comments

• Options
    I agree - the people in the section my husband and I were in were really into ethe show and having a great time. To me, the crowd where we were was much better than Hartford. The lot we parked in, they wouldn't let us drink either - we went to the bar next door and had a few instead.

Also, we met a Red Sox fan (my husband was wearing Yankees stuff) that was REALLY nice and bought him a beer. We were in shock!! LOL
    ~~How many of you believe in psycho-kinesis? Raise my hand.

2003 Tampa, Atlanta, St. Louis, Pittsburgh, Albany, Buffalo, State College, Bonner Springs, Council Bluffs, DC, Camden I & II, MSG I 2006 Albany, Hartford, Camden I & II, 2008 Hartford, Mansfield I
  • Options
    scpjfanscpjfan Posts: 131
    Went with the wife, and here are some of my thoughts/comments.

if i am dancing with my wife and enjoying ourselves and accidently bump into you dont get all bent and say 'dont push me man" like i am trying to cause trouble. again dont you expect these sorts of things to happen if you go?

sorry for the rant i am just curious if it is me or if others side with me?

That was you who pushed me? You prick, I should have knocked your teeth out.
    Hail, hail the lucky ones, I refer to those in love.
  • Options
    tlynch21tlynch21 Posts: 10
    For those of you bitching about what Ed said and his politics, he does support the troops listen to the boots maybe you will hear better. I personally think there were ulterior motives on the part of comcast, like at&t censorship, to make them feel uncomfortable speaking there minds with the marines outside, i mean come on, a recruiting station at the most leftist concert in the world? Like Ed said a little curious. Wake up, take your country back you should know by know as a fan the politics of PJ, a little truth shouldn't hurt anyone. As for supporting the troops see Body of War. peace
    Boston I 2000
    Boston I & III 2003 Best Ever!!!
    Boston I & II 2004
    Montreal 2005
    Hartford 2006
    Boston I 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Hartford 2008
    Boston I & II 2008
  • Options
    I thought the crowd was better then both shows at MSG (I was on the floor of MSG) and was towards the back of Section 3 Saturday night.....

This is the most hilarious post I've ever read. Are you fucking kidding me? Went to all four, Manfield was definitely way lame.

WAY
    LAME

Bee Girl the "highlight" with Wash opener and the band was tight as well. Been to 30 shows. Sorry, 2 hours and 10 minutes isn't even a Pearl Jam show.

p.s. I'm from New York and always though the "asshole roid pumper drunk" was about even between Boston and NY muscleheads. Definitely not. Boston assholes are far advanced in the art of roid rage pumper drunk behavior. Zero courtesy. Some fat asshole shoved me too. I bumped into him during whipping near section 6 row F in the aisle. Hey buddy... fuck you.
    "One just escapes, one's left inside the well... and he who forgets will be destined to remember"
  • Options
    tlynch21tlynch21 Posts: 10
    Also there are drunk "yeah dude" cock bags at every show that only show up for Even Flow. Us huge fans just need to filter out all the slurred sox and yankees chants. I never got that anyway, you are at a f*cking Pearl Jam concert, not Fenway......yet!!!!
    Boston I 2000
    Boston I & III 2003 Best Ever!!!
    Boston I & II 2004
    Montreal 2005
    Hartford 2006
    Boston I 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Hartford 2008
    Boston I & II 2008
  • Options
    Dirty FrankkDirty Frankk Posts: 4,274
    I can't understand how come someone can go to get a bear during the show and loose a song or 3 like this dude....that is f...k insane, it's not a baseball game.

You can get a bear every fuckin' day all day long.....
    CAN'T KEEP CRAZY MARY IN MY TREE NO WAY NOT FOR YOU. ALL THOSE YESTERDAY JEREMY is ALONE, SAD with RATS & BUGS it's HARD TO IMAGINE a JEREMY a BETTER MAN.
    LIFE WASTED, BLOOD on the PORCH, LAST KISS is a WISHLIST DEEP DOWN NOTHING AS IT SEEMS WHY GO COME BACK ALIVE SPIN THE BLACK CIRCLE and SMILE.
  • Options
    Did anyone see the fuckin prick that was in section 6 saturday night. With a big group of friends (all in different red sox attire, just for the record, but I aint getting into that argument!!).
    He was two rows in front of me, every time he finished his cigarrette, instead of putting it on the ground and putting it out, he decided to flick the butt, still lit, down on people in the rows below him, high fiving his buddies each time after. He done this on at least seven occasions and people were getting pissed, to the point that security came over but he somehow persuaded them that he does not smoke so it couldnt have been him. At the very end of Alive, with the lights up, he decided to flick one last butt before pushing a couple of guys out of the way and make his exit.

The guy was no more than 23 or 24 and has to go down as the biggest fuckin asshole ive ever met at any concert, or event.

Aargh, it just pissed me off seing one prick ruin the night for a good few people!
  • Options
    IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,647
    This is the most hilarious post I've ever read. Are you fucking kidding me? Went to all four, Manfield was definitely way lame.

WAY
    LAME

Bee Girl the "highlight" with Wash opener and the band was tight as well. Been to 30 shows. Sorry, 2 hours and 10 minutes isn't even a Pearl Jam show.

p.s. I'm from New York and always though the "asshole roid pumper drunk" was about even between Boston and NY muscleheads. Definitely not. Boston assholes are far advanced in the art of roid rage pumper drunk behavior. Zero courtesy. Some fat asshole shoved me too. I bumped into him during whipping near section 6 row F in the aisle. Hey buddy... fuck you.

To each their own I guess - but last night's crowd was way better then either MSG show.

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    I thought the crowd was better then both shows at MSG (I was on the floor of MSG) and was towards the back of Section 3 Saturday night.....

I disagree
    "Sometimes I burn like a dot on the sun
    With no one knowing..."
  • Options
    brainofjb wrote:
    My friend from NY said the same thing!

no matter where you sat on Saturday night, the crowd was still the best

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZcB7vgwb2t8&watch_response

No...it wasnt...stop trying to pat selves on back...it just wasnt..im glad everyone had fun...I did too....but the point is it just wasnt louder than MSG 2 or even Boston 1 from 06.
    With no one knowing..."
  • Options
    TaftTaft Posts: 453
    drsluggo wrote:
    Yeah - I thought that at the very least Eddie could have added something like 'i respect everyone in the military, its not their fault they're in Iraq, please make sure you show them the respect they deserve, etc'

Instead he was almost inviting everyone to heckle them... i thought that was a bit tasteless althoguh I know that wasnt what he actually meant.

I thought that he prefaced his comments by saying it was the "orders" that they had a problem with, not the marines....but that might have been Mansfield Night I. I cannot remember.
  • Options
    I agree - the people in the section my husband and I were in were really into ethe show and having a great time. To me, the crowd where we were was much better than Hartford. The lot we parked in, they wouldn't let us drink either - we went to the bar next door and had a few instead.

Also, we met a Red Sox fan (my husband was wearing Yankees stuff) that was REALLY nice and bought him a beer. We were in shock!! LOL

You could drink in the streets in Hartford...where were you?
    With no one knowing..."
  • Options
    IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,647
    I disagree

Which is fine.

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    knew about tailgaiting prooblem, got there and within 3 minutes 2 cops came and said pour out our beer, they were nice about it tho, said thank you. So i said F it, i'll go in early for once, maybe catch a pre set, no pre set, but i got a few beers w NO line at all, got to my seats, watched some of Ted Leo, not too bad.

Crowd was good by me sec 4, sat next to 2 people from Germany that was cool, people were smokin around by me, myself incluided

getting out of lot C took an hour and a half, we didn't even move, got back to NYC around 4 am
    "no more crowbars to my head"
  • Options
    Ryan_WFCRyan_WFC Posts: 1,319
    I thought the crowd at Mansfield 1 was awesome, but it wasn't as electric or loud as MSG. Not that anything else is. And I say that as a nonpartisan from Philly... :)
    "They said ... timing was everything
    made him ... want to be everywhere
    there's a ... lot to be said for nowhere."
  • Options
    I thought the crowd at Mansfield 1 was awesome, but it wasn't as electric or loud as MSG. Not that anything else is. And I say that as a nonpartisan from Philly... :)

yeah MSG both nights were best i seen, always is, for whatever the reason :)
    "no more crowbars to my head"
  • Options
    Ryan_WFCRyan_WFC Posts: 1,319
    yeah MSG both nights were best i seen, always is, for whatever the reason :)

It's so tough to compare arenas vs. ampitheaters, but what I was thinking is MSG was louder than DC to an extent greater than Camden or Mansfield was louder than the other.

There's just a special vibe at MSG...
    "They said ... timing was everything
    made him ... want to be everywhere
    there's a ... lot to be said for nowhere."
  • Options
    Evo2010Evo2010 Posts: 90
    Did anyone see the fuckin prick that was in section 6 saturday night. With a big group of friends (all in different red sox attire, just for the record, but I aint getting into that argument!!).
    He was two rows in front of me, every time he finished his cigarrette, instead of putting it on the ground and putting it out, he decided to flick the butt, still lit, down on people in the rows below him, high fiving his buddies each time after. He done this on at least seven occasions and people were getting pissed, to the point that security came over but he somehow persuaded them that he does not smoke so it couldnt have been him. At the very end of Alive, with the lights up, he decided to flick one last butt before pushing a couple of guys out of the way and make his exit.

The guy was no more than 23 or 24 and has to go down as the biggest fuckin asshole ive ever met at any concert, or event.

Aargh, it just pissed me off seing one prick ruin the night for a good few people!

I was in section 6. I was the guy from New York jumping up and down like a maniac singing as loud as I can enjoying myself and these assholes are acting like there in junior high not even realy digging the show. I swore when people who were at the show said some people went just to get hammered is absolutley true. Im not saying that there werent die-hards around cause there were but it did have a stange feeling of some people not giving a shit about the show like fuck the sox are out of town lets go see Pearl Jam. I also was under the influence of psycotropics so I guess it didnt bother me that much but there was nothing like that at MSG
  • Options
    drsluggo wrote:
    Yeah - I thought that at the very least Eddie could have added something like 'i respect everyone in the military, its not their fault they're in Iraq, please make sure you show them the respect they deserve, etc'

Instead he was almost inviting everyone to heckle them... i thought that was a bit tasteless althoguh I know that wasnt what he actually meant.

he kind of did the 2nd night when he said something along the lines that they are following orders...
    It's an art to live with pain...mix the light into grey..

9.28.96, 9.8.98, 8.24.00, 8.27.00, 8.29.00, 7.2.03, 7.3.03, 7.9.03, 7.11.03, 9.28.04, 5.1.06, 5.13.06, 5.31.06, 6.1.06, 6.3.06, 6.24.08, 6.25.08, 6.27.08, 6.28.08, 6.30.08
  • Options
    Rodger3478Rodger3478 Posts: 44
    Honestly, I thought that the Mansfield shows seemed like it had all of the aspects of an epic show, without the final knockout blow. I think Pearl Jam played much shorter than I was anticipating. I have listened to Boston shows in the past and I figured they would play a setlist similar to Boston Show #3. I mean, I know they weren't going to play like 40 something songs, but at least 30-32 songs would have been great. As far as shows go, I thought Hartford was awesome from start to finish. The assholes in front of me couldn't even bother me enough for me to stop jamming all night long!

I didn't have a problem getting tickets due that I drove to Hartford on Thursday and stayed over night for two nights! So, I was able to get ticket at 2 p.m. The venue itself was small and quaint and I had excellent seats. Thank you 10 club. The final thing that made it the best was that Pearl Jam just PLAYED! Eddie didn't speak any political jibberish and just rocked out. I am one of the few Pearl Jam fans that do not agree with Eddie's politics, never have never will! The thoughts he expressed last night in Mansfield were too much to listen to. Again, the Marine recruiters have as much right to be in the venue as anyone else. We live in a country with different ideas, views, cultures, and creeds. Eddie should have mentioned that rather than dogging anyone who puts on a military uniform. We all know that Eddie is very anti-war. I think overall, I felt that Hartford felt like a Pearl Jam show rather than an anti-war/Obama rally. I know there will be people who think I am crazy and tell me to piss off, but that is what I believe. My thoughts are just as important as Eddie Vedder's or anyone else posting on this message board.

Finally, the parking at Mansfield was horrible, but I was fortunate that I didnt have to pay for parking for the three shows that I attended. So, I guess I shouldn't complain about having to wait 2 hours after a show has ended to leave.
    There is NO time like the present to get ripped apart.

Chicago 95
    Alpine 98
    Indy and Alpine 00
    St. Louis, Champaign, Chicago, Indy 03
    St. Louis 04
    Thuderbay 05
    Chicago 1 and 2, Pitt, Cincy, Las Vegas, Portland, Gorge 1 and 2, Hawaii 06
    Lolla 07
    Hartford, Boston 1 and 2 08