Options

Mike Mcready jumping around like a nut. VH1

Jzs20Jzs20 Posts: 28
edited July 2008 in The Porch
I've seen Pearl jam live 8 times since 2000,watched all of their released Dvd's and not once have i ever seen mike do what he did at the Who tribute last night. He was a fucking mad man...My wife and I were blown away by his energy. for a minute there i thought i was watching The guitar player from Green day.

Bravo Mike ! !
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    beachdwellerbeachdweller Posts: 1,532
    I was at the show, 6th row center, and Mike was being Mike. I know many, including myself, that refer to him as the energizer bunny. I think it started in 2003 after he started working so hard his physicality, which is part of his approach to dealing with his Chron's disease.

I'm not the expert, but I have seen PJ live at least 30 times since 2000, and Mike 5 additional times w/Flight to Mars :D
    "Music, for me, was fucking heroin." eV (nothing Ed has said is more true for me personally than this quote)

Stop by:
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=14678777351&ref=mf
  • Options
    chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    that's just mike being....well, mike! i loved that little twist he did shaking his ass haha such a goofball, i love it!
  • Options
    blondieblue227blondieblue227 Va, USA Posts: 4,508
    yeah the tush shaking was my fav too. :)
    he's so cute! get down with your badself Mike.
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• Options
    stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    that's just mike being....well, mike! i loved that little twist he did shaking his ass haha such a goofball, i love it!

Mike should just become the leader of this band....like if Pearl Jam was Voltron he'd be the head lion ;)
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
  • Options
    Rjonesrm20Rjonesrm20 Posts: 380
    the master killed Rock Honors....little Pete ass shake and tossing the guitar....he's a fuckin badass mo fo rock star!!
    1998: Indy 2000: Indy, Cincy 2003: Lexington (m.e.o.), Cincy (cancelled),Indy 2004: Toledo 2005: Atlantic City 2 2006: Cleveland, Cincy 2008: Los Angeles1 (EV solo)-front row center!West Palm Beach-2nd row!, Tampa, Chicago 1&2-(EV solo) 2009: Nashville 1&2(EV solo) Memphis(EV solo) Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    StellaBlueStellaBlue Posts: 48
    ((((Mike's Guitar))))

heh heh
  • Options
    This is what happens when a band that is used to playing for TWO PLUS HOURS packs ALL THEIR ENERGY and INSPIRATION in to TWO SONGS!

Werd!
    :D
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • Options
    stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    Rjonesrm20 wrote:
    the master killed Rock Honors....little Pete ass shake and tossing the guitar....he's a fuckin badass mo fo rock star!!
    dammit, the only thing that was missing after that guitar toss was ending it like he did with Neil young for RITFW MTV Awards..just THRASH the speakers and totally smash it..kept waiting for it to happen, but i guess not
    he'll do it at a show I attend in the future hopefully
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
  • Options
    GmoneyGmoney Posts: 1,618
    it's all very simple people, mike fucking rules. As a human being and a musician...
    Further back and forth a wave will break on me, today...
  • Options
    HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,316
    I think he was trying to do his Pete Townsend imitation. Quite successfully, I must say.
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    Awesome As Always !!!!
  • Options
    yokeyoke Posts: 1,440

my wife asked me if he had a wedgie
    Thats a lovely accent you have. New Jersey?

www.seanbrady.net
  • Options
    LizardkingLizardking Posts: 936
    That is what Mike does at Flight To Mars, can tell he is having a blast!!!

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f331/Lizardkings1/FTM%202008/FTM2008375.jpg
    Lizardking

http://www.myspace.com/lizardkings1

(This Post May Have Been Edited By AT&T)
  • Options
    LizardkingLizardking Posts: 936
    Gmoney wrote:
    it's all very simple people, mike fucking rules. As a human being and a musician...

I agree 199% !!!! Hard to Imagine, but may be better Human that musician!!
    Lizardking

http://www.myspace.com/lizardkings1

(This Post May Have Been Edited By AT&T)
  • Options
    I think he was trying to do his Pete Townsend imitation. Quite successfully, I must say.

yes.
    the "ass wiggle" was 100% pure pete.
    :D

some of those other stage walking\faling back antics,
    mike copped from pete long ago.
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • Options
    alive25alive25 Posts: 124
    maybe it was because they only did 2 songs and he wasnt pacing himself
  • Options
    Evo2010Evo2010 Posts: 90
    When Mike threw up his guitar at the end of the set it was like rock and roll magic. It crashed and the neck snapped. I love how Jeff wasnt even concerned for his well being, like one step this way and im ok. Mike is absolutley bonkers
  • Options
    weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    Gmoney wrote:

Agreed. I think he is the most generous of the all the guys in the band. And he's got a wide open heart.
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau