Options

ok please explian this new fan club lottery to me

pj14pj14 Posts: 105
edited March 2008 in The Porch
ok so say i sit in either the 4th or 5th row all the time( some earlier shows i was in the 20th row also) i will get bumped back now to the the 11th. my number is a 5 digit number and i joined in 1993. so the people who were always in the 2 front rows now will be in back and people with higher numbers will be there instead. it doesnt make much sense to me. i could see them doing it once in awhile but, not for every tour only because i dont think its fair.i do agree on one thing though maybe if you were in front row and u joined in 91 i could see if you did like 15 shows or something and was in the front row all those times its time to give everyone a fair chance. but, say u only see like 3 shows out of the tour they should go by senroity who joined the club first. i dont even have to worry about it yet cause im not seeing any of the shows but, im just wondering what people will really think cause i know people were SO MAD at the indy show i think it was on the avacado tour people with higher numbers were in the front and the people who were in the club in 91 got the back of the place. i heard people were mad. anyway it could be like that a couple of times but not every show but, i see how we should share but, the rule should stick.i dont know. what does eveyone think!? recently i been in the first 5 rows back aroun 99 and before that i always sat in 20th or 24 row.i really dont care where i sit as long as im in the show thats all that counts
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Indian SummerIndian Summer Posts: 2,296
    what's to explain? Rows 1-2, and 9-10 will be randomly selected among all ten club members. Yeah, you may get bumped back a couple of rows. But you may also be one of the ones selected for Front Row. Pretty good trade off if you ask me.
    "It's all happening"
  • Options
    the fan club should let u buy tix through the mail like before so the server dont crash and people could get tickets instead of being shut out. thats more serious than the lottery thing. i do love the fan club alot. they do treat us good. ill always renew! they do a great job!
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,806
    i think its great that all members will have an oppurtunity to sit in the first 2 rows....

and i have a hard time feeling sorry for people who get angry because instead of sitting in row 2 they now find themselves in row 5 or row 6....

the entire "i have to sit as close as possible" attitude some people have makes me ill.....

i have seen plenty of people on this board...turn into complete assholes when it comes to getting tickets and getting close to the stage....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    pj14 wrote:
    the fan club should let u buy tix through the mail like before so the server dont crash and people could get tickets instead of being shut out. thats more serious than the lottery thing. i do love the fan club alot. they do treat us good. ill always renew! they do a great job!

They need to charge more for their membership. People bitch too much for only paying 20 bucks a year. They should charge 50 bucks or more to weed out the morons.
    "It's all happening"
  • Options
    IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,647
    pj14 wrote:

That wouldn't work - too many members - how do you determine who gets tickets and who doesn't.

Perhaps we should use the Pony Express as well?

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    do internet and mail orders. mail orders were better anyway. i just liked how they did it that way. it was better than going through the computer. thats the way i liked it it seemed better and easier
  • Options
    pj14 wrote:
    it seemed better and easier

Easier on us, but harder for the 10 Club. I liked the only way too. I used to get better seats, and less hassle of having to get near a computer at a certain time....my job doesn't always allow me to be near a computer at XX:XX am when tix go on sale.
    "It's all happening"
  • Options
    IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,647
    pj14 wrote:
    do internet and mail orders. mail orders were better anyway. i just liked how they did it that way. it was better than going through the computer. thats the way i liked it it seemed better and easier

No offense but it isn't going to work........and you haven't offered up a solution that would work.

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    DaytimeDilemmaDaytimeDilemma Posts: 2,008
    pj14 wrote:

Last time I checked the calendar, it was the year 2008. Anything done by snail mail nowadays would seem like going backwards.

They just need better servers is all.