Options

Dave Grohl wearing Rats wristband on VH1

CGPJCGPJ Posts: 23
edited July 2008 in The Porch
Anybody else notice Dave Grohl wearing a black "Rats" wristband during the VH1 Rock Honors performance (not sure if it was for just one song or what)... I was wondering if it was indeed the Pearl Jam "Rats" emblem or just happened to be the same emblem but unrelated to PJ... what do you guys think? You can probably see it on the Vh1 video at the VH1 website... if it is the PJ rat, then it is a subtle sign of appreciation that I for one haven't seen much of from Dave Grohl... and would be pretty damn cool in my book (if not long overdue).
"whatever prize there waaa-aaas, I could only observe"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    PJammer4lifePJammer4life Los Angeles Posts: 2,602
    Saw it, made the same connection, and wondered the same thing...
    Bridge Benefit 1994, San Francisco 1995, San Diego 1995 1 & 2, Missoula 1998, Los Angeles 2000, San Diego 2000, Eddie Vedder/Beck 2/26/2002, Santa Barbara 2003, Irvine 2003, San Diego 2003, Vancouver 2005, Gorge 2005, San Diego 2006, Los Angeles 2006 1 & 2, Santa Barbara 2006, Eddie Vedder 4/10/08, Eddie Vedder 4/12/08, Eddie Vedder 4/15/08, 7/12/2008, SF 8/28/09, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/1/09, LA 10/06/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09, Eddie Vedder 7/6/2011, Eddie Vedder 7/8/2011, PJ20 9/3/2011, PJ20 9/4/2011, Vancouver 9/25/2011, San Diego 11/21/13, LA 11/24/13, Ohana 9/25/21, Ohana 9/26/21, Ohana 10/1/21, EV 2/17/22, LA Forum 5/6/22, LA Forum 5/7/22, EV 10/1/22, EV 9/30/23
  • Options
    vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    Probably Rat Sound....they do all the sound equipment for most major bands...
    be philanthropic
  • Options
    CGPJCGPJ Posts: 23
    Yep, I think Vedderfan10 nailed it by saying the wristband was for "ratsound audio equipment".... I went to the website and it is the same logo with the tail curved underneath... kinda sux... would have been nice to see Grohl give PJ a nod.

(Really like the Dr. Seuss quote btw Vedderfan10... might have to keep that one with me)
    "whatever prize there waaa-aaas, I could only observe"
  • Options
    huffaluffahuffaluffa Posts: 38
    CGPJ wrote:
    (Really like the Dr. Seuss quote btw Vedderfan10... might have to keep that one with me)

Yeah, that quote is awesome. Ever since i read that a week ago, I've really started to change the way I act in front of people because it just makes so much sense.
  • Options
    chris01chris01 Posts: 559
    CGPJ wrote:
    if it is the PJ rat, then it is a subtle sign of appreciation that I for one haven't seen much of from Dave Grohl... and would be pretty damn cool in my book (if not long overdue).

Appreciation for what exactly?
  • Options
    CitizenRickCitizenRick Posts: 1,079
    chris01 wrote:

The appreciation for getting SMOKED off of the stage!
    "Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse...of my innocense, got back my inner sence, baby got it...still got it"
  • Options
    KingmidgetKingmidget Posts: 628
    chris01 wrote:

Ahhhh...making up for some of Nirvanas PJ slams????? Not that Grohl was ever a big part of it.

But it was way back in the day. Who cares. Everyone grows up...for the most part anyway.

PJ did kick the Foos set off the stage, as mentioned.
  • Options
    rriversrrivers Posts: 3,692
    CGPJ wrote:
    ... if it is the PJ rat, then it is a subtle sign of appreciation that I for one haven't seen much of from Dave Grohl... and would be pretty damn cool in my book (if not long overdue).

What are you talking about? Grohl has given PJ "appreciation" as you say. He toured with Vedder and Mike Watt in 95 and was one of the people giving the oral history of Pearl Jam in the Spin "Ten Past Ten" article. Here's a quote from him:

"We were coming from a punk rock standpoint. And Pearl Jam might have been as well. But we wore it on our sleeve a little more heavily than they did. Kurt [Cobain] had made his opinions known: "How could you consider Pearl Jam alternative?" Because their music had, like, guitar leads or whatever. It was pretty ridiculous. And the thing that was so funny to me was that it seemed Kurt and Eddie would have gotten along really well."

Here's the article:

http://fivehorizons.com/archive/articles/spin801.shtml
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Options
    I just dont really see why Grohl would now give PJ/Vedder appreciation for things that happened that long ago is all. :)
    As for showing appreciation for 'getting smoked off stage'... hmm, dunno anyone who would show appreciation for that, lol.
  • Options
    rriversrrivers Posts: 3,692
    chris01 wrote:
    I just dont really see why Grohl would now give PJ/Vedder appreciation for things that happened that long ago is all. :)
    As for showing appreciation for 'getting smoked off stage'... hmm, dunno anyone who would show appreciation for that, lol.

If you read my post above yours, you can see that Grohl didn't ever really have a problem with PJ. Also, I'm pretty sure Grohl's job was to show appreciation to The Who, not Pearl Jam that night.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Options
    rrivers wrote:
    If you read my post above yours, you can see that Grohl didn't ever really have a problem with PJ. Also, I'm pretty sure Grohl's job was to show appreciation to The Who, not Pearl Jam that night.

Yeah i know, i wasnt writing in reply to your post, just giving my opinion, lol.
  • Options
    binauralsoundsbinauralsounds Posts: 1,357
    CGPJ wrote:
    then it is a subtle sign of appreciation that I for one haven't seen much of from Dave Grohl... and would be pretty damn cool in my book (if not long overdue).

HUH???????? For what??????

Did you see him at Wembley in tears??? Appreciating so many people that came out? Guess not...
  • Options
    binauralsoundsbinauralsounds Posts: 1,357
    Kingmidget wrote:

I wouldn't go that far. The Foos kicked major ass. Each their own...
  • Options
    ucsbucsb Posts: 58

agreed. I thought Pearl Jam's performance was best I had seen in years. You could tell that they really rehearsed those songs. But in no way can you say that they "smoke the Foos of the stage." The Foos rocked really hard as well.
  • Options
    Surf RiderSurf Rider Posts: 813
    Kingmidget wrote:

Well 99.9% of everyone else who watched it would say just that.

Pearl Jam kinda owns.
  • Options
    Surf RiderSurf Rider Posts: 813
    ucsb wrote:
    But in no way can you say that they "smoke the Foos of the stage."

yeah i know, because the foo fighters are in the same league as Pearl Jam.

[size=+20] NOT [/size]