Options

Ticket Transfers?

Drop the LeashDrop the Leash Posts: 220
edited April 2008 in The Porch
Is this true that this year there will be no ticket transfers allowed?
4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/8/03, 7/14/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 9/15/05, 9/16/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05, 5/4/06, 5/12/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/30/08, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    read the initial post regarding the tour .... "NO TRANSFERS"

unless people personally pick up the tix at the site then hand them off ... I don't see it being possible.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    you wont know until you ask.
    period
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • Options
    "All sales are final. NO refunds. NO exchanges. NO transfers. Reselling of Ten Club tickets will result in revocation of all future ticket privileges and
    suspension of your Ten Club membership."

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    generally its discouraged

but they will make an exception for you to tranfer you MSG 2 tix to me

:D
  • Options
    BeerBaron wrote:
    They've said that since 2006 and always allowed them in the end.

they said it in 05 too.
    i wouldn't have people banking on it.
    i'm just saying, the 10c is known to be "accomodating" when they can, and IF you're nice.
    so, see my previous remark.
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • Options
    BeerBaron wrote:
    They've said that since 2006 and always allowed them in the end.

that's what i thought just trying to figure out how it's gonna work
    4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/8/03, 7/14/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 9/15/05, 9/16/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05, 5/4/06, 5/12/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/30/08, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10
  • Options
    Indian SummerIndian Summer Posts: 2,296
    They should stick to their guns this year. that whole transfer thing got abused last time around. If you can't make it to a show, don't but the tickets!
    "It's all happening"
  • Options
    Super VedderSuper Vedder Posts: 1,531
    BeerBaron wrote:

But if you have a legitimate reason why you can't go to a show after buying tickets, they are generally accomodating.

oh god i hope this is true as i foolishly bought tickets for wpb and tampa earlier and after checking travel costs (flights from uk, inter connecting flights to both venues and back to uk and hotels, spends etc) i really really cant afford this as it is a LOT LOT more money than i had thought!!!! Im literally crapping myself about it and hope that 10c can see the foolish error i have made and help me out here!!! :o :(
    Black, the greatest without a doubt........
  • Options
    oh god i hope this is true as i foolishly bought tickets for wpb and tampa earlier and after checking travel costs (flights from uk, inter connecting flights to both venues and back to uk and hotels, spends etc) i really really cant afford this as it is a LOT LOT more money than i had thought!!!! Im literally crapping myself about it and hope that 10c can see the foolish error i have made and help me out here!!! :o :(

Personally, I think you should have to eat the costs, no offense. Live and learn.
    "It's all happening"
  • Options
    swardsward Posts: 586
    They should stick to their guns this year. that whole transfer thing got abused last time around. If you can't make it to a show, don't but the tickets!

You know, life happens when Pearl Jam shows are going on. There's a myriad of reasons why someone would not be able to attend a show 3 months away, that they initially planned on attending.
  • Options
    sward wrote:
    You know, life happens when Pearl Jam shows are going on. There's a myriad of reasons why someone would not be able to attend a show 3 months away, that they initially planned on attending.

I understand that, but if its truly an emergency, 150 bucks for tickets isn't going to affect anyone that much. I stand by what I said, No transfers, No exceptions.
    "It's all happening"
  • Options
    I understand that, but if its truly an emergency, 150 bucks for tickets isn't going to affect anyone that much. I stand by what I said, No transfers, No exceptions.

What would you think about allowing the transfer, but the receiving person has to move to the back of the 10c seating area?

• Options
    swardsward Posts: 586

I mean..realistically, I don't think someone should buy 2 tickets today and decide tonight that they were foolish to spend the dollars. That's just someone who can't feasibly manage their life. But, I'd rather see two seats full than empty come show time.

How to make this not become an administrative nightmare for the 10C, is the true question., and I'm sure the exact reason they don't do it. But I think some time spent on a solution is worth while. So yeah, I see your point, but it would be nice to get those tickets into another 10c member's hands and hopefully add to the atmosphere.
  • Options
    pj14pj14 Posts: 105
    transfers should only be done in a case of an emergency like someone who died ,and ill person or someone who broke a bone like there hip or surgery cause somethings do come up . they done them in the past if its really bad they should do it.
  • Options
    StrykerStryker Upstate, NY Posts: 585

Yeah, this is no ones fault but your own. I don't think they should make an exception for you. Exceptions should only be made in case of last minute emergencies(e.g., death or marriage in the family, your wife is giving birth 2 weeks early, etc.) You not doing your research does not an emergency make. Honestly(and no offense), but that has to be one of the dumbest things I've heard in a long time.
  • Options
    luckytwnluckytwn Posts: 36
    Personally, I think you should have to eat the costs, no offense. Live and learn.

I have a low number that has always gotten me seats in the first 5 rows. On the last tour, I had to skip the Vegas show because I had to attend a funeral. I couldn't have cared less about the $120 I paid for the tix, but the seats were in the third row. The 10C allowed me to transfer them to another member. Why should such seats sit empty for no reason under such a circumstance? Clearly, allowing the transfer was perfectly sensible and the right thing to do.
  • Options
    BeerBaron wrote:
    Did you seriously buy tickets to these shows BEFORE figuring out how much it would cost you to fly there and stay there?

errrrrrrr :o im afraid so! yeah yeah im an idiot i know! i was gonna go for these shows at first then changed to msg as it seemed more practical with the two shows being in the same place ya know.
    then as we all know, getting tix for that was a mare so i then went back to the florida idea as a knee jerk reaction to missing out on ny! which i now regret!
    i cant for the life of me find cheap enough flights from uk to orlando to wpb then on to tampa then on to orlando again, the logistics are a nightmare and i thought i would be able to get cheap flights to and from each place in florida.

i made a mistake, people need to lighten up a bit, its not like these tickets were in high demand and ive trod on anyones toes or anything is it? im now hoping to just go to tampa instead but stay in orlando and drive there for the show and back. hopefully i can do this instead

man alive........im sorry!
  • Options
    Stryker420 wrote:
    Yeah, this is no ones fault but your own. I don't think they should make an exception for you. Exceptions should only be made in case of last minute emergencies(e.g., death or marriage in the family, your wife is giving birth 2 weeks early, etc.) You not doing your research does not an emergency make. Honestly(and no offense), but that has to be one of the dumbest things I've heard in a long time.

its a fair enough point i suppose :o at least i provided you with a laugh though hey ;):)
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,758

actually, depending on the kind of emergency, 150 bucks might come in awfully handy.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,758
    errrrrrrr :o im afraid so! yeah yeah im an idiot i know! i was gonna go for these shows at first then changed to msg as it seemed more practical with the two shows being in the same place ya know.
    then as we all know, getting tix for that was a mare so i then went back to the florida idea as a knee jerk reaction to missing out on ny! which i now regret!
    i cant for the life of me find cheap enough flights from uk to orlando to wpb then on to tampa then on to orlando again, i made a mistake, people need to lighten up a bit, its not like these tickets were in high demand and ive trod on anyones toes or anything is it? im now hoping to just go to tampa instead but stay in orlando and drive there for the show and back. hopefully i can do this instead

I'm no financial planner, and what I'm about to say might reflect everything that is wrong with our generation but:

Just charge it, and figure it out later.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    I'm no financial planner, and what I'm about to say might reflect everything that is wrong with our generation but:

Just charge it, and figure it out later.

hahaha, and you say your NOT a financial planner? but that certainly sounds like a plan to me boss! :D
  • Options
    Is this true that this year there will be no ticket transfers allowed?

this is not a question you want to be asking the week of sale. you are gonna get flamed!

you should not buy them if you don't think you can use them.

just my opinion.
  • Options
    NiteLite10NiteLite10 Posts: 144
    i cant for the life of me find cheap enough flights from uk to orlando to wpb then on to tampa then on to orlando again, the logistics are a nightmare and i thought i would be able to get cheap flights to and from each place in florida.

i made a mistake, people need to lighten up a bit, its not like these tickets were in high demand and ive trod on anyones toes or anything is it? im now hoping to just go to tampa instead but stay in orlando and drive there for the show and back. hopefully i can do this instead

I don't know if you've already considered this and I'm not a travel agent or anything... but....

have you looked at flying into New York or another major northeast city. Then, taking a separate roundtrip to just *one* city in florida. And then renting a car and driving?

By my recollection, there were usually reasonable flights from New York to Florida. A rental car shouldn't be bad in Florida either... they have huge rental fleets. You'll definitely spend some time driving, but you could cut the costs down a lot.

Just an idea...
  • Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    luckytwn wrote:
    I have a low number that has always gotten me seats in the first 5 rows. On the last tour, I had to skip the Vegas show because I had to attend a funeral. I couldn't have cared less about the $120 I paid for the tix, but the seats were in the third row. The 10C allowed me to transfer them to another member. Why should such seats sit empty for no reason under such a circumstance? Clearly, allowing the transfer was perfectly sensible and the right thing to do.

Agree completely. I never understand why people get upset at transfers but it happens every tour.

If one 10c member transfers the tix to another because they can't make it, how does that piss anyone off? Would they rather there be two empty seats? I don't get it.

And by that I mean a legitimate reason for transferring. Not buying them and then trying to transfer them 6 hours later.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    release30release30 Posts: 2,051

What is your 10c number
    Conversations getting dull
    There's a constant ringing in my ears
    Sense of humor's void and numb
    And I'm bored to tears.......
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754

i must know you but I'm crap at that real name-board name thing.
    did you check Flyzoom.com? they fly to Ft. Lauderdale. that's the one I'm looking at using to do the tour, though I'm holding some hope that BA will launch a promotion to patch their massive fuck up at Terminal 5!

then once you're there, either Greyhound it from WPB to Tampa (we might rent a car, but we might jump on a ride, so can't help you yet, won't know until late next week probably), and back. You can also look at Southwest (the airline), not sure what is their connections in Florida but I got a $75, INC taxes :eek:, from them from Tampa to Nashville!

If REALLY you can't make it work (I don't have them handy, but I got several sites to help find cheap flights, PM me), then maybe we can get 10c to transfer your tix to me or a friend with lower than yours numbers (we're not cheating if we have better numbers..though we have already tic ourselves for these shows, but I know they have done it in the past).

I wouldn't guarantee we would be able to resell your tickets though because I already got a friend that bought some on her really SHIT number (400+ :rolleyes: ) though we had a spare on mine (242xxx) but she didn't check..so we'll try selling those first..and as 10c didn't sell out, don't know how hard it's going to be..

but if I can help, I will :)
  • Options
    4Powers204Powers20 Posts: 1,218
    My friend who I go to all PJ shows with has a lower 10c number than me. He is unsure what shows he will be able to do. The only show is is sure he can go to are the MSG's. So I bought 10c with my number for both camdens and both mansfields, and we used his 10c for both msg's. If transfers were known to be allowed, we aould have used his for all and if he found out he couldnt do some, we wouldve just transfered them to me. But, no transfers. If this happened on a bigger scale, everybodys number potentially becomes worse.

"We're running out of beer, too?" EV 6/19/08

• Options

I happen to have an extra ticket to DC (no not yet for sale, still looking in my own circle before I resell it for face value), because I am going alone.

Should I have not bought the tix instead ?
    Wrigley 1 + 2 '16, Amsterdam '14, (Wrigley '13), Amsterdam '12, PJ20 Alpine '11, Chi '09, DC, June '08, MSG#1, June '08, Nijmegen, The Netherlands '07, Arnhem, The Netherlands '06
  • Options
    ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    jimed14 wrote:
    What would you think about allowing the transfer, but the receiving person has to move to the back of the 10c seating area?

agreed.. I'm trying to get rid 10 a pair of tickets... I don't see the problem with that if I'm transferring them to another 10 clubber.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08