Options

Give me your....

AyedavanitaAyedavanita Posts: 1,443
edited November 2008 in The Porch
favorite quotes from Eddie....

I need them, thanks!
"You think I got my eyes closed but I'm lookin' at you the whole fuckin' time..."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    "I am a donut", Berlin 1006
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • Options
    "Alright, you know... you know how you're uh, sometimes... maybe uh, ya smoke a little somethin', er, er, you're up late at night and... you get this great idea... and then uh, but you don't write it down and you wake up in the morning and... and you had this idea that all of a sudden it was like the key to the universe, like the world made sense. But then you woke up in the morning and you can't remember what it was. You had it all figured out at like four in the morning and... noon the next day you lost it, you know?

I, I, I didnt, I don't know what... if or what Perry Farrell was smokin' about 17 years ago but, uh, apparently he wrote down this great idea of Lollapalooza.

And, uh, it meant a lot to us and our band and, uh, a number of the bands we played with back in nineteeeen niiiinety... somethin'... uh... Ministry, Soundgarden, the Chili Peppers... Ice Cube... Lush... am I missin' anybodySoundgarden! Soundgarden... Ministry, Chicago and Al Jourgensen and that band... and a band called The Jesus And Mary Chain. We made a lot of friends that year that we still have today... We lost a few... But it's, uh, great to be here and see, uh, Mr. Perry Farrell with his great band... and, uh, to have it be here in, uh, such a great city like Chicago, this beautiful park and the skyline, this is really somethin' else.

So, THANK YOU PERRY!

I have faced it..."
    2008 - MSG 6/24-6/25
    2010 - Newark 5/18 MSG 5/21
    2011 - PJ20 9/3-9/4
    2012 - MIA Festival 9/2
    2013 - Wrigley Field 7/19 Brooklyn 10/18-10/19 Philly 10/22
    2015 - Colbert show - 9/23 Global Citizens Festival 9/26
    2016 - Philly 4/28-4/29 MSG 5/1-5/2

• Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,024
    uh...
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    memememe Posts: 4,693
    LukinFan wrote:
    uh...

:D

"I wish I knew all of you by name as well" Hamilton 05
    "Questa cansione la dedico all'amore de mia vita, la mamma della mia bambina Olivia che ho incontrato nella bella milano sei anni fa" Milan 06
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Options
    LukinFan wrote:
    uh...
    Said about 24 times a sentence lol. I wish someone could put together a "uh" compilation video lol..
    2008 - MSG 6/24-6/25
    2010 - Newark 5/18 MSG 5/21
    2011 - PJ20 9/3-9/4
    2012 - MIA Festival 9/2
    2013 - Wrigley Field 7/19 Brooklyn 10/18-10/19 Philly 10/22
    2015 - Colbert show - 9/23 Global Citizens Festival 9/26
    2016 - Philly 4/28-4/29 MSG 5/1-5/2

• Options
    from the 8/2/08 Ed solo show.

Crowd: "UUUUUUKKK!!!"
    Eddie: "I see you've acknowledged the Ukelele"
    Crowd: "UUUUUUUUUKKKK!!!"
    Eddie: "Too bad this is a mandolin you uncultured bastards"
    2006- Boston I
    2008- Boston I+II
    2009- Toronto, Philly III+IV
    2010- Bristow, Hartford, Boston, Newark
  • Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    "OK, we're gonna do a short encore cause we got a gig to play here tommorrow."

(Crowd: BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO)

"All right, i'm with you fuck those tomorrow people"

Gorge (7/22/06)
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    6/30/08 Mansfield Ma

"So like I said on Sunday..."

Crowd: "Saturday!"

"You know what, fuck you. Gimme a fucking break. I'm trying to keep my shit together. It's great to be here in Rhode Island..."
    2006- Boston I
    2008- Boston I+II
    2009- Toronto, Philly III+IV
    2010- Bristow, Hartford, Boston, Newark
  • Options
    hope is the underdog-showbox
    "you can say that we're, nocturnal, posssomists"
    -ed july 8th MSG 2004
  • Options
    " Let's put some color in the whitehouse." DC08
  • Options
    lockedlocked Boston Posts: 4,007
    "its take no prisoners time"

before even flow 9/16/98
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    See my sig, from the 8/2/08 Ed solo show.
    LMFAO!!!! Love this one !! :D
  • Options
    cam21cam21 Posts: 5
    …seeing how many people we have here, ya know as much as music brought you here I’m absolutely certain a song or music cannot change the world. Absolutely positive of this. It can have a slight effect, it gets us through but it cannot change the world. BUT.. You all, this many people. It is determined, it is positive, it is proven that this many people can change …the world. How do we know? Because it is written, it is stitched in the fabric of our flag. It is welded into our Constitution, that the people have the right to make change. And not only the right but the responsibility to make change. You can hear this? Is this mic working? And this planet… You know there’s a time and a place for all of this, right? This kind of talk. But this HAS to be the time. It can’t get any worse. We can’t let it get any worse. This has to be the time. And we are right in the middle of America. And we have the power to change the WHOLE world, because America is a super power, right? You’re Americans, you can change the whole world. So this is the time… do you agree with me? Is this the PLACE? Thank you! Because I’m saying this stuff just to even remind myself.
  • Options
    __ Posts: 6,651
    "I just wanna say, you should be able to have a fucking abortion!"
  • Options
    JP2026766JP2026766 Posts: 1,125
    "It sounds like....it tastes like a popsicle that's been stuck up somebody's ass" 7/8/03, in reference to Good Charlotte's music.

Mansfield II '08

EV Solo Shows:

NYC I
    NJPAC

I. LOVE. YIELD.
  • Options
    It's so important--everyday we wake up, we're creating our memory. We have to create the best ones we can, even if for one day. Find your goals and take them one step at a time. Your happiness and control form responsibility. It takes work and you must do things yourself. Don't expect anyone else to do it for you. Don't feel sorry for yourself. I've learned that about myself. I once thought I was under the lion's paw but when I decided to take on more reponsibility, I became much more free.

http://pearljamhistory.no.sapo.pt/PJArticles_Interviews_06-xx-94_-_spin_magazine.htm
  • Options
    iamicaiamica Chicago Posts: 2,628
    The entire Shoe The Shoeless speech from Indio, CA 1993.

"I don't mean to be crude, but don't turn me into a jukebox and start sticking quarters up my ass." --Chicago 2 8/22/08

"Isn't it weird what parents always say to their kids...'You'll always be my son'...'Mom, I ain't a kid anymore, have you seen the size of my fucking bank account? Would you give me some respect?' Or the other thing, 'Have you seen the size of my...' (crowd goes crazy) Mom, I ain't your little boy anymore!...I was saying guitar, what did you think I was saying? Actually, this one's very small! (laughter) George, quick, I need the biggest guitar back there! Get me the 12 string! Get me the bass!"--Chicago 1, 8/21/08
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
  • Options
    Be SoundBe Sound Posts: 199
    meme wrote:
    :D

"Questa cansione la dedico all'amore de mia vita, la mamma della mia bambina Olivia che ho incontrato nella bella milano sei anni fa" Milan 06

does anyone know the translation?
    Don't it make you smile
  • Options
    memememe Posts: 4,693
    Be Sound wrote:
    does anyone know the translation?

Sure :)

I dedicate this song to the love of my life, the mother of my daughter Olivia, whom I met in beautiful Milan six years ago :)
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,615
    Give me your ... SOULS!!!!!! *twisted!

I liked the Ed quote on the Canadian '05 tour.
    Something along the lines of "Canada, you look so beautiful when you're drunk!"

Ha.
  • Options
    AyedavanitaAyedavanita Posts: 1,443
    meme wrote:
    Sure :)

I dedicate this song to the love of my life, the mother of my daughter Olivia, whom I met in beautiful Milan six years ago :)

Awwww, how beautiful! What a man!
    "You think I got my eyes closed but I'm lookin' at you the whole fuckin' time..."
  • Options
    GratefulJamGratefulJam Posts: 1,797
    Milwaukee ;(

"you can't do this to me i am in the 10 club"

followed quickly by:

"hey that's my friend:
    "thru extensive negotiations we managed to get the curfew moved back..... we still don't have any time to fu&k around...."

LA II 06, SB 06, SF III 06, Kokua 07 Ed and Jack, Grant Park 07, EV Berk1 & LA 1 (nice job 10c), 08 DC, MSG1 &2, VH1 rocks, EV Bos II, EV NYC I & II, Milwaukee, EV Maui, EV Hono I & II, Chicago 09 I & II, LA 09 I & II & IV, SD 09 (my girlfriend hit the lottery, best concert of my life 10C rocks)KC 2010, STL 2010, Hartford. Boston, and MSG I & II "who goes around skinning cats anyway", PJ 20 2011 , Portland, Spokane, Seattle LA 2013, Home Shows + Missoula (fatal 👌)
  • Options
    cam21 wrote:
    …seeing how many people we have here, ya know as much as music brought you here I’m absolutely certain a song or music cannot change the world. Absolutely positive of this. It can have a slight effect, it gets us through but it cannot change the world. BUT.. You all, this many people. It is determined, it is positive, it is proven that this many people can change …the world. How do we know? Because it is written, it is stitched in the fabric of our flag. It is welded into our Constitution, that the people have the right to make change. And not only the right but the responsibility to make change. You can hear this? Is this mic working? And this planet… You know there’s a time and a place for all of this, right? This kind of talk. But this HAS to be the time. It can’t get any worse. We can’t let it get any worse. This has to be the time. And we are right in the middle of America. And we have the power to change the WHOLE world, because America is a super power, right? You’re Americans, you can change the whole world. So this is the time… do you agree with me? Is this the PLACE? Thank you! Because I’m saying this stuff just to even remind myself.

love that one.

also, 'fuck the pessimists'.
    The world is like a ride in an amusement park, and when you choose to go on it you think it's real because that's how powerful our minds are. The ride goes up and down, around and around, it has thrills and chills, and it's very brightly colored, and it's very loud, and it's fun for a while. Many people have been on the ride a long time, and they begin to wonder, "Hey, is this real, or is this just a ride?" And other people have remembered, and they come back to us and say, "Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever. Because this is just a ride." And we...kill those people. "Shut him up! I've got a lot invested in this ride, shut him up! Look at my furrows of worry, look at my big bank account, and my family. This has to be real." It's just a ride. But we always kill the good guys who try and tell us that, you ever notice that? And let the demons run amok? But it doesn't matter, because it's just a ride. And we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings of money. Just a simple choice, right now, between fear and love. The eyes of fear want you to put bigger locks on your doors, buy guns, close yourself off. The eyes of love instead see all of us as one. Here's what we can do to change the world, right now, to a better ride. Take all that money we spend on weapons and defenses each year and instead spend it feeding and clothing and educating the poor of the world, which it would pay for many times over, not one human being excluded, and we could explore space, together, both inner and outer, forever, in peace.
    --Bill Hicks