Options

Thanks Eddie !!

Gonzo1977Gonzo1977 Posts: 1,696
edited July 2008 in The Porch
So....

Money is tight at the Gonzo rez these days...
After coming home and telling my wife that I just bought tickets to 2 shows for Massey Hall in August...She Freaked.

She said: "You've seen this band like 13 times already" "Why do you have to keep seeing them over and over again"?

She's been to alot of shows and knows Pearl Jam is great and all. She loves the fact that I'm such a big fan, but just thought that I was being irresponsible by spending $280.00 for tickets to Massey Hall.

So I've been kind of in the Dog House at home for the last week.

That is Until Last Night....

After watching "Love Reign O'er Me" my Wife turned to me with tears in her eyes and said...

"Wow that was like the most amazing thing I ever saw"... "I can't wait to see Eddie Vedder with you honey"!!

So Cool.

Gonzo is a happy man now thanks to Eddie and Pearl Jam and their amazing performance.

Thanks Eddie...Thanks Pearl Jam
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    pjhunz28pjhunz28 Posts: 206
    VERY nice.

hear the $ is tight thing! hubby put a limit on me hence only one show for me :( i really have to stop listening to him ;)
    9/26/96, 9/15/98, 8/29/00, 7/2/03, 9/28/04, 5/24/06, 5/25/06, 7/23/06, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08
    EV
    Boston 1
  • Options
    It was crazy.

Seeing her get moved in that way was really something.

The band has done that to me many times before.
    But there is nothing like seeing someone else finally get hit with that emotion.

It's amazing how one performance of live music can change so much.

What a band.
  • Options
    emily6371emily6371 Posts: 202
    I'm not the only one he moves that way. I was thinking maybe I'm a freak or something ;)
  • Options
    emily6371 wrote:
    I'm not the only one he moves that way. I was thinking maybe I'm a freak or something ;)

my 66 yr old mother came to me clutching her chest after watching it saying "OMFG, i lost my breath! he took my breath away.i can't believe how awesome he sounded! better than the original!" :)

ROM just happens to be her favorite Who song.
  • Options
    finnanniefinnannie Posts: 1,186
    my 66 yr old mother came to me clutching her chest after watching it saying "OMFG, i lost my breath! he took my breath away.i can't believe how awesome he sounded! better than the original!" :)

ROM just happens to be her favorite Who song.

that's so cool :D
    Won't let the light escape from me.
    Won't let the darkness swallow me.
  • Options
    My wife and I are long time Who Fans and LROM and Quadrophenia will always hold a special place.

She liked Pearl Jam's studio version alot but considered it just a good cover of an already awesome song.

But I think it floored her to actually see Pearl Jam perform the song live with so much raw emotion equal to that of The Who to fully grasp why Pearl Jam is so powerful live.

It was cool to see.