Options

Mike @ 13 Coins Resturant /Sea Tac !!

13»

Comments

• Options
    Gonzo1977Gonzo1977 Posts: 1,696
    stickboy wrote:
    yea word...wonder if all my regulars and customers think Im a stalker cause I strike up a convo...please...they must, cause they tip me well...prolly to stop being "stalkerish"

guy who posted that stalker thing should stop being a hater :rolleyes:

The fact that Mikey tipped him a 100% and gave him an autograph tells me that the converation was welcomed.

Mike is a very cool dude on so many levels. I don't think there has ever been a rock star more approachable and kind as Mikey.
  • Options
    stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    Gonzo1977 wrote:
    The fact that Mikey tipped him a 100% and gave him an autograph tells me that the converation was welcomed.

Mike is a very cool dude on so many levels. I don't think there has ever been a rock star more approachable and kind as Mikey.
    hell yea! guy treated me chiqui lyd and pati like long lost friends. He was so genuinely happy to shoot the shit with us...and when you meeet his parents too u can tell the apple didnt fall too far from the tree. The whole McCready fam is amazing
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
  • Options
    Gonzo1977Gonzo1977 Posts: 1,696
    stickboy wrote:
    hell yea! guy treated me chiqui lyd and pati like long lost friends. He was so genuinely happy to shoot the shit with us...and when you meeet his parents too u can tell the apple didnt fall too far from the tree. The whole McCready fam is amazing

Awesome!!

I know alot of other people that have met either Mike, Stone, Jeff, Matt, or Eddie and I've never heard of any of the them being assholes to the fans.

Hopefully one day I'll get a chance to meet one of the guys. They seem super cool and really down to earth.

It's great to find out that your favorite band is made up of down to earth people like Mike McCready who treat their fans with respect. It makes me respect them so much more
  • Options
    Tuolumne MamaTuolumne Mama Posts: 1,210
    My son spotted Mike in DC and yelled his name and he stopped and talked to him for a bit. He was really nice to my 12 year old who's played for 6 years now asked him a bunch of stuff about guitars and riffs. Mike told him to keep trying new things and asked what his fav PJ song - Evolution - and to have fun at the show. I just stood there dumbfounded and thanked him for his time and autograph. Made my kid's year. Very nice, gracious, and down to earth guy. Nice to know their fans matter.
    ======================================================================
    "What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal." Albert Pine.

• Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    As for the stalker issue...uhmmm, no. I would do the same thing if I waited on him. I mean c'mon , every time someone posts how they met Mike (ect.) the first thing everyone else wants to know is if they asked him whats next?
    Now waiting in a hotel staircase for hours in the middle of the night to meet someone who obviously wants to be left alone....thats stalking. (remember that? I got told I was jealous :)).

1. To pursue by tracking stealthily.
    2. To follow or observe (a person) persistently, especially out of obsession or derangement.
    3. To go through (an area) in pursuit of prey or quarry.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    Bridge School Anxiety...when is it? who else will play it? who is going? How hard will it be to get tickets....I do the same thing every year, and every year I go, and every year it is great...then why does this stuff keep me up at night
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    Gonzo1977 wrote:
    Shit!!

Forgot the funniest part..

The guitar he broke the headstock off on VH1 was Stone's guitar
    :) Ha Ha
    SWEEEEEEEEETTTTTT!!!!!!!
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    stickboy wrote:

IM GOIN TO BRIDGE THIS YR???? :eek: cant wait to pop that cherry
    FREAKIN SWEET!!!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

• Options
    Gonzo1977 wrote:
    Hey Guys.

My lucky rat bastard of a cousin works at 13 Coins restaurant @ Sea Tac and just served Mike McCready breakfast!!

Anyways…here’s the scoop.

1) Mike likes Eggs Benedict
    2) All the band members are back in Seattle and recording!!
    3) Boom is still a member
    4) Brendon O’ Brien is producing and playing on the new album!!
    5) Bridge School is a go!!
    6) No fall tour :(
    7) Mike thought they played great for the VH1 performance but thought they were they were “off” @ Bonnaroo
    8) Mike is super cool and a really good tipper :)

Later
    I LOVE 1,2,4,5 and 7

just cause theres no west coast tour doesnt mean they cant play a 3 nighter at the gorge in september, seems to be no concerts there after 9-6
    PLAY THE GORGE IN 08 YOU PUSSIES

On the dry and dusty road
    The nights we spent apart alone
    I need to get back home
    To cool cool rain

LONG LIVE THE WHO! BE DEAD OR ALIVE

i'll ride the wave where it take me, i'll hold the pain release meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
  • Options
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    Well, at least West Coasters did get thrown one bone at them. Considering Bridge takes place 30 min from my house, I guess, I am somewhat lucky :-)

Bay Area crew UNITE!!!
    yay so we all get to crash at your place?! :D

• Options
    SENROCK! wrote:
    FREAKIN SWEET!!!!!
    Im saying it like I got ix guaranteed and I'll have money to come from seattle right after I move there, lol

we'll see
    hopefully it will work out and I can go ;)
  • Options
    stickboy wrote:
    Im saying it like I got ix guaranteed and I'll have money to come from seattle right after I move there, lol

we'll see
    hopefully it will work out and I can go ;)
    tickets are the least of your worries. And you mandi and 66 can road trip up there!!!

• Options
    SENROCK! wrote:
    tickets are the least of your worries. And you mandi and 66 can road trip up there!!!
    say no more

I know, why do I worry about tix?? pff..yall know my luck :D

we'll make it happen ;)
  • Options
    elgallo10elgallo10 Posts: 114
    Gonzo1977 wrote:

Dude, I never met Mike but I totally agree with you. There are so many stories of fans meeting him and he is beyond cool. Did you see on the new DVD how he went out to the crowd in front of the hotel he was staying at and talked to them. Then when it was time to leave he even asked everyone if they were cool if everyone were done or something like that. haha So cool.
  • Options
    petrocspetrocs Posts: 4,342
    maybe I'll plan a business trip out to the bay area to go to Bridge...any ideas on the date of the show yet?
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
  • Options
    GOSSArDgEEKGOSSArDgEEK Posts: 245
    elgallo10 wrote:
    Dude, I never met Mike but I totally agree with you. There are so many stories of fans meeting him and he is beyond cool. Did you see on the new DVD how he went out to the crowd in front of the hotel he was staying at and talked to them. Then when it was time to leave he even asked everyone if they were cool if everyone were done or something like that. haha So cool.
    Yes your right it did go down like that and it's pretty close to what Mike said.

If I ever run into Mike on the street while walking somewhere, it's guaranteed that I will hug him like Winnie the Poo! And tell him how PROUD of him I am.
    Here’s a question you might need to ask
    What’s self destruction and how can we last?

"I cannot stop the thought of running in the dark.
    Coming up a which way sign. All good truants must decide."

McCain, America's scariest grandpa!
  • Options
    CityMouseCityMouse Posts: 1,010
    elgallo10 wrote:

I was flying back from a PJ show once and the guy I was sitting next to had met mike as one of his daughter's friends...he couldn't believe that he was a rock star, and one big enough for me to fly across the country to see!
  • Options
    Thank you so much for the news! That's so awesome! Man, you're cousin is indeed a rat bastard :p, But I have no idea why I still can't believe that they are going into the studio again and this time with BOB, it's just too good to be true! :p and Bridge School!!! *death*, Great, I know I definetly won't be there...but it's awesome for the ones that will go there! :D

And I totally agree with elgallo10, I've never met Mike either, but from reading fan meetings and hearing about them and stuff, he seems like such a cool and down-to-earth guy, I mean you'd think an AMAZING guitarist like him who gets praise daily would be an ass by now, but he isn't lol....it's real sweet to see how much him and the band care for their fans, really makes me proud and thankful to be this band's fan! Are we lucky bastards or what guys? :D
    "Does anyone remember laughter?"

"Where's Mike McCready? My god he's been ate!"

"If you're an Elvis fan, there's no explanation necessary; if you're not, there's no explanation possible."

"Sometimes God makes perfect people and Paul Newman was one of them." - RIP Paul Newman