Options

OK, I was at Billy Joel last night...

3inputchick3inputchick Posts: 845
edited July 2008 in The Porch
After 5 nights of Pearl Jam in June- I sat there the entire time praying- please god- get this Garth Brooks guy off and bring on Ed! When Roger came out I was like OK... maybe we have a shot here---- but nope, no such luck. Paul was good, but for the love of god you could have picked better songs to play- you had a few better ones to choose from Paul after all you are a freaking Beatle!

How does one start going to other shows after following Ed and the boys around? I'm telling you, it was like sex with a new boyfriend knowing your old boyfriend was a much better F*** ... I left knowing I was entertained, but wanting more.... Is there no life at concerts after Pearl Jam?

For the record- Billy Joel did not wear white pants!
A pessimist is a man who thinks all women are bad. An optimist is one who hopes they are.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    Maybe pick a more exciting and physically active show?

Kinda like your boyfriend analogy. Would you rather be w/ an older man or a young animal?

Billy Joel is cool and all, but when I think of exciting concerts, Billy Joel doesn't even enter the discussion.
    NERDS!
  • Options

Kinda like your boyfriend analogy. Would you rather be w/ an older man or a young animal?

Billy Joel is cool and all, but when I think of exciting concerts, Billy Joel doesn't even enter the discussion.
    Meh- it was a NY/Shea Stadium thing- felt like I was supporting the home team (plus the tickets were free)
    A pessimist is a man who thinks all women are bad. An optimist is one who hopes they are.
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    Meh- it was a NY/Shea Stadium thing- felt like I was supporting the home team (plus the tickets were free)

Supporting the home team means being at Yankee stadium ;)
    NERDS!
  • Options
    HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,316
    Maybe you should have had the risotto. George's girlfriend always felt satisfaction after a dish of risotto.
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    whichwaysignwhichwaysign Posts: 229
    the sooner you come to grip with the fact that there is the show that Pearl Jam puts on, and then all the rest, you'll be able to appreciate other music/shows for what they're worth
    'I'm like an opening band for the sun'
  • Options
    Supporting the home team means being at Yankee stadium ;)
    Only if you are a fat 40 something year old...
    :D
  • Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    Only if you are a fat 40 something year old...
    :D
    Couldn't have said it any better (Even though I fit the description). LGM
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    memememe Posts: 4,693
    Is there no life at concerts after Pearl Jam?

There sure is!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqFb6VXW86Y
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438

Yes - Warped, NIN, Lolla, punk shows in small clubs, and check out new music, not ancient stuff. We saw Tiger Army (this is the 3rd time) in May in Ottawa in some club that held barely 150 people. Billy Joel? While I'm not going to direspect anyone, he wouldn't do it for me. That wasn't my style of music even in the 70's.

Going to Pearl Jam shows is like coming home, but you can certainly find other bands that don't put you to sleep.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,731
    After 5 nights of Pearl Jam in June- I sat there the entire time praying- please god- get this Garth Brooks guy off and bring on Ed! When Roger came out I was like OK... maybe we have a shot here---- but nope, no such luck. Paul was good, but for the love of god you could have picked better songs to play- you had a few better ones to choose from Paul after all you are a freaking Beatle!

How does one start going to other shows after following Ed and the boys around? I'm telling you, it was like sex with a new boyfriend knowing your old boyfriend was a much better F*** ... I left knowing I was entertained, but wanting more.... Is there no life at concerts after Pearl Jam?

For the record- Billy Joel did not wear white pants!

why the hell would he bring out Eddie Vedder? be happy you got to see Paul McCartney in the flesh....even if you didn't care for the songs he played.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Left PorchLeft Porch Posts: 837
    Apparently Johan Santana couldn't get any sidework done in the bullpen during the all star break because of the Billy Joel concert, then he went out and pitched awful on thursday. So F*ck u Joel haha. Seriously though with all the special guests and everything it had to be a pretty good show.
    Uniondale. 2003
    MSG 1+2. 2010
    Wrigley. Brooklyn 2. Hartford. 2013
    St. Louis. Denver. 2014
    Global Citizens Festival. 2015
    MSG 2. Fenway 2. Wrigley 1. 2016
    Safeco 2. Missoula. 2018
  • Options
    Left Porch wrote:
    Apparently Johan Santana couldn't get any sidework done in the bullpen during the all star break because of the Billy Joel concert, then he went out and pitched awful on thursday. So F*ck u Joel haha. Seriously though with all the special guests and everything it had to be a pretty good show.
    I'm sure if I was just not at 5 of the best shows ever it would have been great...
    Paul was cool- couldnt really see his flesh- I had a great view of Creedmore and a beautiful view of an orange moon- Paul- not so much, 55thousand people in my way.

Could PJ fill 55 thousand seats?
  • Options
    I'm sure if I was just not at 5 of the best shows ever it would have been great...
    Paul was cool- couldnt really see his flesh- I had a great view of Creedmore and a beautiful view of an orange moon- Paul- not so much, 55thousand people in my way.

Could PJ fill 55 thousand seats?

Tough to say thats more than double the capacity of the Garden. With all the die hards out there though I think we could make it happen.
    Uniondale. 2003
    MSG 1+2. 2010
    St. Louis. Denver. 2014
    Safeco 2. Missoula. 2018
  • Options
    Left Porch wrote:
    Tough to say thats more than double the capacity of the Garden. With all the die hards out there though I think we could make it happen.
    I was looking around last night thinking it would be insane to have them play at Shea or even Yankee stadium.

THey would open with Long Road with the skyline in the backdrop- it would be beautiful

(they would also play in my tree since they forget it every time the past tour)
  • Options
    I was looking around last night thinking it would be insane to have them play at Shea or even Yankee stadium.

THey would open with Long Road with the skyline in the backdrop- it would be beautiful

(they would also play in my tree since they forget it every time the past tour)

Unfortunately both stadiums are being torn down at the end of the season, so it aint gonna happen.
    Uniondale. 2003
    MSG 1+2. 2010
    St. Louis. Denver. 2014
    Safeco 2. Missoula. 2018
  • Options
    Left Porch wrote:
    Unfortunately both stadiums are being torn down at the end of the season, so it aint gonna happen.
    We are getting new ones!
  • Options
    We are getting new ones!

I know the new shea (err Citifield) is gonna sit 45,000 so maybe theres a chance there.
    Uniondale. 2003
    MSG 1+2. 2010
    St. Louis. Denver. 2014
    Safeco 2. Missoula. 2018
  • Options
    Left Porch wrote:
    I know the new shea (err Citifield) is gonna sit 45,000 so maybe theres a chance there.
    I'll buy you a beer!
    Look for the 3IPC shirt!