Options

Have you noticed Pearl Jam is now a LLC?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Cupofjoe wrote:
    People who call bands sellouts are the jealous green eyed monsters!
    I dont think thats true-
    A pessimist is a man who thinks all women are bad. An optimist is one who hopes they are.
  • Options
    This happened back in 91 or 92 and is COMMON business practice....Is this REALLY a topic of discussion? What the F happened to this board, serioulsy?

Yup.
    Of course you'd be a boot licker,
    with all that merch.

I mean really.

;)

:D:D:D

;)
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • Options
    drummerboy_73drummerboy_73 Las Vegas, NV Posts: 2,011
    I like noodles. They're kind of like ice cream...except for that they don't really look or taste anything like ice cream. Noodles are funny like that!
    Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)
  • Options
    They worked their butts off to be where they are now.
    Underneath this smile lies everything...All my hopes, anger, pride and shame...make myself a pact, not to shut doors on the past just for today,... I am free.
  • Options
    Doesn't make them sellouts. They have been catering to their fans for almost 2 decades! As long as PJ doesn't lend any songs to an advertisement agency for a commercial in the future...I'll be happy. Let's face it. They aren't getting any younger and if there was ever a time to start raking it in...it's now.
    And all of those bands that you like that didn't have staying power because they were too cool to sell out (Ramones, Nirvana, Soundgarden) would be doing the same thing.
    "All the rusted signs we ignore throughout our lives"--Ed
  • Options
    pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    Yup.
    Of course you'd be a boot licker,
    with all that merch.

I mean really.

;)

:D:D:D

;)

HAHAHA....Thank you for that. I needed to be put iin my place!
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    The CEO put on a great show last night
    A pessimist is a man who thinks all women are bad. An optimist is one who hopes they are.
  • Options
    opsopcopolisopsopcopolis Posts: 1,159
    Cupofjoe wrote:
    People who call bands sellouts are the jealous green eyed monsters!

Yes!
    ;)
    2006: Hartford
    2008: Camden 2, Hartford
    2010: Hartford
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
    2015: NYC
    2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
    2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas
  • Options
    I imagine that from the moment they signed there first record deal that they were a LLC or something. At the end of the day - despite all they say and do, they still have to make money to survive, and have the freedom to travel, relax, shoot hoops, surf etc to come up with the songs and lyrics they do......

I am pretty sure (although it is a banned topic I believe) the original 4 are all multi-miliionaires. I think i read that Ed has a bigger share from the start as he has more demands placed on him been the front-man (Read this from the biography book). I think its ignorant to think they dont all enjoy the luxury of money and the benefits it brings them.

For me - they do enough for charity, for the fans and they dont sell out as a band that no-one should ever criticise them for making a buck or two.

To be honest - I wish I could sometimes buy more PJ stuff. Calendars ? General merchandise ? Auto-Bio Guys ???

Leave em alone - as long as the music rocks and they stay true who cares if they are a LLC, ABC, HGV.....for me they are always a G...O....D :-)
    "Want you , In My, Rearviewmirror........."
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,396
    No longer a band, they are now a company. Sell outs!

The band offically jumped the shark!

Why would you resent the idea of the members doing something to protect themselves? Would you rather they were passive and helpless?
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&