Am I the only one that doesn't want to see them at Bonnaroo???

Comments

• well they canceled the one in Vineland, which is very close to me.

FUCK! When did that happen?! I was hoping there would be an outside shot Pearl Jam would also announce they were playing there considering the proximity to Phila/NY/Boston and this area is such a stronghold for the band.
    4.28.03 --- 7.9.03 --- 7.12.03 --- 10.1.04 --- 9.28.05 --- 10.3.05 --- 5.27.06 --- 5.28.06 --- 6.3.06 --- 6.19.08 --- 6.20.08 --- 6.24.08 --- 6.25.08

Wishlist of Unheard Live Songs
    1. All Those Yesterdays
    2. God's Dice
    3. I Got ID

PLAY THE SPECTRUM IN PHILADELPHIA!!!
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    Complaining, bitching, whining..it's all the same : )
  • Jesika537 wrote:
    I would much rather see a PJ concert. Festivals are cool because you get to see alot of bands but as far as PJ was concerned I thought Lollapalooza sucked. I would much rather have an assigned seat rather than being packed in like a bunch of Sardines with people who haven't showered in days only to hear the Rearview Mirror LP minus Who You Are. To me they are much better when playing to their own fans than people who haven't heard anything since Vitalogy... I guess it's just not my cup of tea. To all those who do go have a great time and think of me when they play an amazing set just to spite me..

I should say that if it appears this is the only show they will play I will be forced to go...

I don’t like festivals either, I rather not do festivals BUT while I do expect them to play some other shows this year I certainly do not expect a tour so I’m definitely going to Bonnaroo and making the best of it
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    TrixieCat wrote:
    Don't be sad, be happy! :)

:o can I have a ride......

off course you can ...:D
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • uglybabouglybabo Posts: 513
    I wonder how this question was intended...

I don't really want to see them at Bonnaroo, meaning I don't want to attend, but I don't mind that they have chosen to play there.
  • PJFaninIndyPJFaninIndy Westfield, IN Posts: 93
    Just my two cents, but I would much rather see them play their own show, not a festival. I guess I just assimilate festivals with a Grateful Dead or Phish atmosphere...not that there's anything wrong with it...just not my cup of tea. Don't think it will happen, but I hope they announce a full blown North American tour...like they did in 03.
    6/22/03 – Noblesville, IN
    10/3/04 – Grand Rapids, MI
    9/11/05 – Kitchener, ON Canada
    9/12/05 – London, ON Canada
    5/22/06 – Auburn Hills, MI
    6/24/06 – Cincinnati, OH
    8/23/09 – Chicago, IL
    5/7/10 – Noblesville, IN
    7/19/13 – Wrigley Field
    10/1/14 – Cincinnati, OH
    10/20/14 – Milwaukee, WI
    4/26/16 – Lexington, KY
    8/20/16 – Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 – Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 - Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 - Wrigley Field
    9/6/22 - Hamilton, ON Canada
    9/17/22 - Bourbon & Beyond, Louisville, KY
    9/18/22 - St. Louis. MO
    9/5/23 - Chicago, IL
    9/7/23 - Chicago, IL
  • NeilJamNeilJam Posts: 1,191
    It was more of a hippie fest in the past. But over the years Superfly has been trying to make the lineup more diverse to appeal to other music fans.
  • Sorry but if you like following a band around to multiple shows because you enjoy their music then you sir are a hippie. Admitting you have a problem is the first step.

Seriously though chances are the lineup for Bonnaroo is going to be good, So if you can't find other bands on it you want to hear besides Pearl Jam, it might be time for you to expand your musical horizons.
    The reason the main stream is thought of as a stream is because it's so shallow. -George Carlin-
  • LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,069
    no you are not the only one
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • bird jambird jam Posts: 107
    I love Bonnaroo but it is not the ideal setting for a die-hard fan to see his/her favorite band. It was cool to see bands like The Police and Tool in that environment - bands that I wanted to see but am not all that crazy about - but while I was watching both of those bands on the main stage it occurred to me that I would hate to have to fight that size of a crowd to get 100 feet away (MINIMUM) from a band I loved.

So again, Bonnaroo itself is awesome and it is a great way to see a lot of different bands in one place. It is especially good for seeing bands for the first time - the crowd for the Flaming Lips was huge, but I had never seen them before so I didn't mind it that much. But if you are used to seeing them in clubs or even basketball arenas, you will not be happy with the size of the crowd for a Pearl Jam set.
    Liberace was great on the piano but he sucked on the organ.
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    I am there with you Jesika. But, not 'cause it's a festival - though I understand that; but because it's a a festival across the country from where I live.

If this was at the Gorge I would so be there!!
  • PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    Jesika537 wrote:
    I would much rather see a PJ concert. Festivals are cool because you get to see alot of bands but as far as PJ was concerned I thought Lollapalooza sucked. I would much rather have an assigned seat rather than being packed in like a bunch of Sardines with people who haven't showered in days only to hear the Rearview Mirror LP minus Who You Are. To me they are much better when playing to their own fans than people who haven't heard anything since Vitalogy... I guess it's just not my cup of tea. To all those who do go have a great time and think of me when they play an amazing set just to spite me..

I should say that if it appears this is the only show they will play I will be forced to go...
    NEVER!
    seated shows suck. I'd rather be in a pit with sweaty rocking people ANY time! and if Lolla is anything to go by, US pits are really soft anyway.

plus festivals do rock, camping ones at least; there's the whole athmosphere, the bands to discover. The only drawback is shorter sets (greatest hits can still work, see Hurricane one, that was kick ass being there) and I understand that is a non-issue at Bonarroo for the headliners.
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Let's put it this way - I'm a completely inept camper - I like beds, hot showers, and cleanliness! But if its the only chance to see PJ in 08, I'll seriously consider it.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • JaneNY wrote:
    Let's put it this way - I'm a completely inept camper - I like beds, hot showers, and cleanliness! But if its the only chance to see PJ in 08, I'll seriously consider it.

they have showers...check it out

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a26/Harpua03/CIMG0230.jpg

and I am sooooo serious about that one :D
    looking for 2 to Columbia...

***GOT EM***
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    Jesika537 wrote:

Yeah, I'm not really a fan of seeing pj in a festival setting. We have a local festival two times a year put on down here called Buzzfest and if PJ ever headlined that I would go, but yet be dissapointed cause of the majority of the reasons you mentioned. The set will be shorter than a normal pj show, and as you said will more or less be "rearview mirror" hits with maybe a few B sides, and some covers. To those going to the 'Roo have an awesome time. I have such a weird opinion on festivals because it also gives me a chance to check out some bands I might not normally see, just like some will do with pj. I just hate GA shows to though, because if you are short (I'm 5'8) if you aren't in the first two or three rows, you can't really see all that well, but it depends on the set up. People at GA festivals tend to not behave either and you get all the crowd surfing and crap, and sorry I think us true pj people have grown out of that. In all honesty, I'm surprised pj even does festivals anymore. knowing my luck though living in Texas, a festival setting may be the only way to get to see pj down here. I keep thinking they may do a Buzzfest show down here in the near future.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    they have showers...check it out

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a26/Harpua03/CIMG0230.jpg

and I am sooooo serious about that one :D

loooolll - not *quite* what I had in mind! That's quite a structure.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,329
    Have fun in June In Tennessee.

Festivals are not my bag, baby.

If they played at Lolla again, I would go only because they would be so close, and I would not go at 6 am like last time.

I would find a nice shade tree and sit under it. Or maybe just show up right before PJ takes the stage.

I like seeing other bands, but its almost like music overload. Id much rather see each band at their own shows as well.

But, some people like festivals, so thats fine too. Have fun! ill be watching the setlist on the boards, and saving money for regular shows.
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    Not when you are on a mission to get into front row! :P

the possibilities are endless with a festival.. never seen them outside though, so that will be interesting...
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,329
    Not when you are on a mission to get into front row! :P

the possibilities are endless with a festival.. never seen them outside though, so that will be interesting...

wear a helmet and watch out for head kicks. :)
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • im in no mood for a festival...I just wanna see pj in concert...not interested in a three day sweat fest..smelly people...half ass music...pj is just fine!
    The Waiting Drove Me Mad Your Finally Here And Im A Mess....
  • rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,956
    I'd love to see them do a festival...if it was closer to me. I really hope this announcement is just a "Pearl Jam tour with a stop at Bonnaroo" type of thing.
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
  • GR8DaneGR8Dane Posts: 957
    not the only one.... I dont fly, so driving to Bonnaroo is outta the question for me. Hoping for a warm up show here in Seattle!!!
    Everybody made a movie....
    Everybody had a one line.....
    Everybody misses Andy....
    We'll be seeing him in no time.... Oh Yeah.....

We are Red, we are White, we are Danish Dynamite!
  • camaroscamaros Posts: 1,003
    i dont
    i like sound...
  • fsu2626fsu2626 Posts: 321
    maybe if it wasnt fathers day weekend
  • In2DeepIn2Deep Posts: 496
    I can't say I'm excited about the Bonaroo rumors, myself. I hope this bird has more to say...
  • ardyardy Posts: 53
    if i was 30 years younger, i'd be first in line at any/all the festivals i could find, whether pj played or not. it's not that i'm against festivals or camping, i was at both gorge shows which were equal to heaven on earth. just this time, it's not in the cards, for a lot of reasons....not complaining, not whining...life, and all its happenings, has a way of making decisions for you.

but to those who are going, rock it out one time for the old folks like me!
    "Can I ask you a question?" (.....you just did.....)
  • rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,547
    ardy wrote:
    if i was 30 years younger, i'd be first in line at any/all the festivals i could find, whether pj played or not. it's not that i'm against festivals or camping, i was at both gorge shows which were equal to heaven on earth. just this time, it's not in the cards, for a lot of reasons....not complaining, not whining...life, and all its happenings, has a way of making decisions for you.

but to those who are going, rock it out one time for the old folks like me!

Heard that, old-timer.

I'll rock myself silly at Bonnaroo this year for your generation.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • I don’t like festivals either, I rather not do festivals BUT while I do expect them to play some other shows this year I certainly do not expect a tour so I’m definitely going to Bonnaroo and making the best of it
    I totally agree with you; we went to Lolla last year with the same attitude and we ended up having a great time. I would rather have the chance to see them at a festival than to not seem them at all.