Options

rat race shitty ass world

phillyjamphillyjam Posts: 109
edited July 2008 in The Porch
Let me start off by saying that I love my life, my friends, my family. However, and you can say I'm overreacting if you want but, I feel like this ticket scam is just another example of how there are a very select few benefitting from the misery of the masses. It's been going on forever back to say Roman times when the gladiator shows were put on to distract all of the poor people from realizing they were living miserable lives. That sounds familiar to the sporting events today when we spend hundreds of dollars to go to a game where usually it's lousy, the players are overpaid and the owners are the real people benefitting from selling eight dollar beers and five dollar hot dogs and then try to appease everyone by shooting hot dogs through the air at half time. I mean you have to buy a seat liscense just to then buy a seat. Assinine. However, the government loves this because people get distracted from realizing they're getting screwed. Gas prices are ridiculous, food is expensive as hell, there's wars going on everywhere, public education is shittier then ever with robots being generated because of the PSSA and test driven curriculum, people are losing their jobs, and I can go on and on. When are we as the massess and part of the 98 % of the population that's getting screwed going to wake up and do something about it. Sorry didn't mean to get everyone depressed before the weekend, just had to vent
E-Cent9/2/00Spectrum4/28/03StateColl.5/3/03 Tor6/28/03Mont6/29/03Tweet 7/5/03,7/6/03Reading10/1/04Borgata10/1/05
Wach.10/3/05Tweet5/27/06,5/28/06
Continental6/3/06,Forum7/9/06,7/10/06, Fonda7/12/06SantaBarb7/13/06SanFran7/16/06 7/18/06Lolla8/5/07Tweet6/19/08,6/20/08,D.C.6/22/08MSG6/25/08Tor8/21/09 Spec 3 shows
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    phillyjam wrote:
    Let me start off by saying that I love my life, my friends, my family. However, and you can say I'm overreacting if you want but, I feel like this ticket scam is just another example of how there are a very select few benefitting from the misery of the masses. It's been going on forever back to say Roman times when the gladiator shows were put on to distract all of the poor people from realizing they were living miserable lives. That sounds familiar to the sporting events today when we spend hundreds of dollars to go to a game where usually it's lousy, the players are overpaid and the owners are the real people benefitting from selling eight dollar beers and five dollar hot dogs and then try to appease everyone by shooting hot dogs through the air at half time. I mean you have to buy a seat liscense just to then buy a seat. Assinine. However, the government loves this because people get distracted from realizing they're getting screwed. Gas prices are ridiculous, food is expensive as hell, there's wars going on everywhere, public education is shittier then ever with robots being generated because of the PSSA and test driven curriculum, people are losing their jobs, and I can go on and on. When are we as the massess and part of the 98 % of the population that's getting screwed going to wake up and do something about it. Sorry didn't mean to get everyone depressed before the weekend, just had to vent

you are so right my brother!! the little PJ tour & Ed shows have helped me escape reality for a little while (something a person like me desperately needed) but you hit the nail on the head and we as Americans need to stand up and take action before the rug is pulled out from beneath us(it's already half way there)
  • Options
    4Powers204Powers20 Posts: 1,218
    phillyjam wrote:

Somebody call a WHAAAAMBULANCE.

"We're running out of beer, too?" EV 6/19/08

• Options
    I guess he didn't get tix.
    model role model
  • Options
    whaaambulance- now that's a good one. I did get tickets actually. I anticipated getting this kind of reaction with my comments. I guess the old saying is that ignorance is bliss and god bless. I guess just as a teacher and someone who hopefully will one day have kids I am very scared about the future that we are making for them. Some of you might be part of the same fan base that stays loyal to a sports team constantly paying going further and further into debt and then whines when your favorite player leaves in free agency and says that it's just a business.
    E-Cent9/2/00Spectrum4/28/03StateColl.5/3/03 Tor6/28/03Mont6/29/03Tweet 7/5/03,7/6/03Reading10/1/04Borgata10/1/05
    Continental6/3/06,Forum7/9/06,7/10/06, Fonda7/12/06SantaBarb7/13/06SanFran7/16/06 7/18/06Lolla8/5/07Tweet6/19/08,6/20/08,D.C.6/22/08MSG6/25/08Tor8/21/09 Spec 3 shows
  • Options
    IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,648
    phillyjam wrote:
    whaaambulance- now that's a good one. I did get tickets actually. I anticipated getting this kind of reaction with my comments. I guess the old saying is that ignorance is bliss and god bless. I guess just as a teacher and someone who hopefully will one day have kids I am very scared about the future that we are making for them. Some of you might be part of the same fan base that stays loyal to a sports team constantly paying going further and further into debt and then whines when your favorite player leaves in free agency and says that it's just a business.

Usually don't whine when a player leaves as he helped win titles so we wish him the best..........

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    phillyjam wrote:

Should I give up my NFL season tickets??? Will it help 98% of the population and make their lives better? If so, I'll do it.
  • Options
    vedderelfvedderelf Posts: 100
    St. Louis legalized scalping last year, coincidentally right around the same time the police department was caught arresting scalpers and giving the tickets away to firends and family. (They weren't charged because the tickets were scanned rather than torn in two, so they said legally the evidence wasn't tainted. Amazingly they still went ahead with the prosecution of the scalpers tho)

Right after that the Cardinals announced a resale system on their website. Basically they buy their own tickets, then resell them on this "fan site." The fans here were actually grateful, like "Oh thank you Cardinals ownership for looking of for us!" People never actually stopped to think and realize that they are being snowed, big time.

Like I mentioned on another thread, I figured out how to bypass the security code on Ticketmaster's website accidentally. It was super easy and I am not a tech-savy person. If I figured it out, the scalpers did too. And if you check out the tickets already available on ebay or stubhub, you'll see that scalpers indeed were able to walk away with many tickets.

You can call it whining but nothing will change so long as people are dumb enough to bend over and take it.
  • Options
    yes give up your season tickets, that will help the world
  • Options
    vedderelf wrote:
    nothing will change so long as people are dumb enough to bend over and take it.

how true!!
  • Options
    the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    phillyjam wrote:

i agree with everything you are saying my friend.

oh, and b4 anyone can say somthing.

i scored 2 tickets to chicago night II in the first balcony second row!
    and yes, it is only a temporary reprise from the shit going on.
    but ill take it.

but we do need to wake the fuck up as a nation.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Options
    phillyjam wrote:
    yes give up your season tickets, that will help the world
    Done and done!
  • Options
    thank you ass clown for giving up your season tickets.
  • Options
    phillyjam wrote:
    thank you ass clown for giving up your season tickets.
    You're welcome. Have a great weekend!
  • Options
    The StugotsThe Stugots Posts: 306
    I guess he didn't get tix.

And he's still upset about getting screwed over on those Gladiator tickets.
  • Options
    I actually liked Gladiator. Awesome movie.
    how am i supposed to sign here?
  • Options
    YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,514
    I actually liked Gladiator. Awesome movie.

You knew Marcus Aurelius?
    Proximo: [very quickly and defensively] I didn't say I knew him, I said he touched me on the shoulder once!
  • Options
    phillyjam wrote:
    public education is shittier then ever with robots being generated because of the PSSA and test driven curriculum

I am also a PA teacher and agree 100%. PSSA's are a joke because teachers are forced to teach to a test. It's absurd
    6/14/08 - Bonnaroo
    6/19/08 - Camden 1
    6/24/08 - MSG 1
    8/07/08 - Newark, EV Solo
    6/11/09 - Upper Darby, EV Solo
    10/28/09 - Spectrum 2
    10/30/09 - Spectrum 3
    10/31/09 - Spectrum 4
  • Options
    muppetmuppet Posts: 980
    but we do need to wake the fuck up as a nation.

Yeah man, I'm hoping that Obama is going to take a firm stance on fair distribution of tickets to Eddie Vedder fans.
  • Options
    I coulda sworn this thread got Closed and Locked earlier today... must be the stress of having tried for Tickets for hours, getting to me.
    "Now when people ask me, where's my favorite place to play, I'll reply, Newark NJ!" -EV (solo '08)