Options

Anyone Else Blowing Off Work Tomorrow?

culot4culot4 Posts: 775
edited March 2008 in The Porch
Just my luck. I have a "dental emergency" that will force me out of work at 11 am. I was in so much "pain" today playing up this charade. Not taking the chance they'll be some left by the time I get home. Good luck fuckers. All is fair in love and war.
Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    culot4 wrote:
    Just my luck. I have a "dental emergency" that will force me out of work at 11 am. I was in so much "pain" today playing up this charade. Not taking the chance they'll be some left by the time I get home. Good luck fuckers. All is fair in love and war.

dental emergencies are the best!
    Thank God I got all the tkts I needed today :D

But I'll be sending good vibes your way!

~~~Good Vibes~~~
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,941
    lucky enough to have free time before my shifts when the tickets go on sale...otherwise i would have to use a dreaded sick day. im trying to get perfect attendance award this year....
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    culot4 wrote:

you know it
  • Options
    dental emergencies are the best!
    Thank God I got all the tkts I needed today :D

But I'll be sending good vibes your way!

~~~Good Vibes~~~

Much appreciated. Ticket day is a love/hate thing but I figure after the hard time I had in 06, things are bound to run smoothly. Smoother at least.

Congrats on getting what you needed.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • Options
    DaytimeDilemmaDaytimeDilemma Posts: 2,008
    I got your IP address and am e-mailing this post to your boss as we speak.
  • Options
    no need

I made it perfectly clear to my supervisor that pj announced a tour and I have to buy tickets tues and wed

she laughed and said I'll steer clear of your office

yay!

culot4 wrote:
  • Options
    I got your IP address and am e-mailing this post to your boss as we speak.

Go right ahead. My girl will be the one on my computer while I'm at the dentist in agony.
  • Options
    no need

I made it perfectly clear to my supervisor that pj announced a tour and I have to buy tickets tues and wed

yay!

You pretty much have the best boss ever. If I told my division manager I needed a half day off for PJ tickets....Lets just say no way a reason like that would fly.
  • Options
    haha

I know

she also knows to expect vacation requests for mid week

it is give and take I work very hard and get paid very little
    but the benefits

culot4 wrote:
    You pretty much have the best boss ever. If I told my division manager I needed a half day off for PJ tickets....Lets just say no way a reason like that would fly.
  • Options
    grooveamaticgrooveamatic Posts: 1,374
    I've been a bit out of the loop lately, so sorry about this question, but any word on when the tix go on sale to the public yet?
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    no need

yay!

Same for me, I told my boss... "today is Pearl Jam tickets sale at noon and 2pm so I won't be picking up the phone during those times" he just laughed and said "Good Luck" :D
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    well i will be faking a boiler leak ...is that good? ill have to leaave around 11ish...then a few days later ill have to either be out or come in late...feel but figured this pain in the neck leak will force the repair man to come between 11 and 2 .....then ffriday- i didnt figure that out yet...
    sound good? Or should i fake the tooth to?...lol
    The Waiting Drove Me Mad Your Finally Here And Im A Mess....
  • Options
    well i will be faking a boiler leak ...is that good? ill have to leaave around 11ish...then a few days later ill have to either be out or come in late...feel but figured this pain in the neck leak will force the repair man to come between 11 and 2 .....then ffriday- i didnt figure that out yet...
    sound good? Or should i fake the tooth to?...lol

See if I was smart I would have tried to get the cable guy to come out while I'm sitting at home tomorrow....but thats besides the point. You have a good plan except you're using one exuse three times. Mine is flawed too due to how quickly this all happened but I figure I'll only have to hold the side of mouth tomorrow like I'm in pain for a few hours.
  • Options
    4Powers204Powers20 Posts: 1,218
    I havent taken a lunch break in months, so my boss better not have anything when i spend a few hours over the next few days getting tix. But they are cool and would help me if i asked.

"We're running out of beer, too?" EV 6/19/08

• Options
    1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,838
    Don't plan on blowing off work on Thursday for my Hartford tix. I will request that I go a lil later than I normally do on my break, so I won't be tied up at noon.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II