Options

Eddie- ever heard of a life jacket?

emeraldkityemeraldkity Posts: 370
edited February 2008 in The Porch
Rock pals EDDIE VEDDER and JACK JOHNSON survived an "ill-fated canoe trip" convinced the other would make sure they wouldn't die.
Pearl Jam singer Vedder insists his high spirits kept him alive when the boat tipped them out in stormy seas - and he would have been too terrified to concentrate if his friend hadn't been there with him.
As a result, the two cool stars came out of a near-death experience virtually unscathed.
In a tribute to surf-rocker Johnson in the new issue of Rolling Stone magazine, Vedder recalls, "We were sailing, and we flipped over in a channel.
That was quite the little adventure.
"It got kind of life-threatening for a bit. The coolest thing about it was that we were floating in the water - big ocean swells, lot of wind - and we're bobbing along out there and the mast is pointed straight towards the bottom of the ocean. I didn't know if we were going be able to upright the deal.
"I looked over at Jack and thought, 'Well, I'm in the water with Jack Johnson, so I was gonna be OK.' And it turned out he looked over at me and I had a smile on my face, so it made him feel like we were gonna be OK, too.
"It's interesting how you can give each other confidence even though the situation is a bit dire."

Did this just happen?

http://www.pr-inside.com/vedder-clings-onto-johnson-after-boat-r454049.htm
You must be the change you want to see in the world
-Gandhi
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    Why does this keep popping up? :(
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    there's nothing in there that says they didn't have life jackets.. you can still die wearing one!
  • Options
    Ed and the Ocean, seems like a dangerous mix... ;). Seriously though people that spend alot of time in the ocean problably have plenty of stories like this.
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
  • Options
    I don't sail often at all, but when I've been out with buddies, we tip them all the time.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options
    i think he is recalling an event from a few years ago...
  • Options
    pouch15pouch15 Posts: 436
    gtmac75 wrote:
    i think he is recalling an event from a few years ago...

yes, it was like a couple of years ago.
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    From what i heard... they were in one of those outriggers.
    Krzzymary knows more about this.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514
    NO, but I bet he's heard of MY MORNING JACKET!
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    info@wishlistfoundation.org