Showbox

emeraldkityemeraldkity Posts: 370
edited March 2008 in The Porch
Note-
Showbox is still "open" for 4/1/08-hmm?
April Fool's Day is still on April 1st right? ;)

Also remember that Flight to Mars- CCFA benefit @ Showbox is on 5/3/08

:D
You must be the change you want to see in the world
-Gandhi
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,618
    Note-

Just wondering if he would actually play 3 nights in a row.........I think the 2nd vancouver show sealed the deal of no seattle.

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• evenflowmanevenflowman Posts: 1,345
    Just wondering if he would actually play 3 nights in a row.........I think the 2nd vancouver show sealed the deal of no seattle.

I agree even though this is a acoustic show 3 nights in a row is tuff
  • dawngdawng Posts: 644
    Is anyone going to show up at the showbox on April 1st just in case? Thinking seriously about doing this...
    Check out my Sudsy Chick Etsy Store for all natural homemade bath products!
  • UKpearljammerUKpearljammer Bath, UK Posts: 910

He does it for Pearl Jam, okay so he'll be doing more here and hiding behind the band a bit more but vocally he could do it easy. I still reckon there's got to be a Seattle show on the 1st, be disappointing if there was no April Fools suprise.
    My PJ shows:
    London 28/10/96, Las Vegas 11/7/98, London 29/5/00, Nurnburg 11/6/00, Prague 14/6/00, Salzburg 18/6/00, Verona 20/6/00, Milan 22/6/00, Zurich 23/6/00, New York 8-9/7/03, Boston 11/7/03, Reading Festival 27/8/06, Shepards Bush 11/8/09, Berlin 15/8/09, Manchester 17/8/09, London 18/8/09, Dublin 22/6/10, Belfast 23/6/10, London (HRC) 25/6/10, Alpine Valley (PJ20) 3-4/9/11, Manchester 20-21/6/12, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14 To be continued....
    MINDWIREUK wrote:
    He does it for Pearl Jam, okay so he'll be doing more here and hiding behind the band a bit more but vocally he could do it easy. I still reckon there's got to be a Seattle show on the 1st, be disappointing if there was no April Fools suprise.

A full show 3 nights in a row hasn't been done since 03 is all I'm saying.....hope it happens as I will be there.

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    Note-

Sure would be nice if they announce it and give us the opportunity to know we are getting a show - instead of this speculating.

No, if there is no show announced, then I will not be going to the Showbox on 4/1. I think that would be incredibly LAME of Ed to not announce a Seattle show - but play one secretly - when all the other cities in this little tour got to plan ahead and know about it.

I am starting to believe that Eddie doesn't like Seattle. Sad too, 'cause all we have ever done is unquestionably support his music for the past 18 years. And it's not as though Seattle is far away from his already announced tour. I could see if Seattle was on the east coast, or if the tour was on the east coast - then I would understand. But neither of those are true and he will be in Seattle (I assume) before he goes to Vancouver (being he lives here) and then again on the way down to CA.

It just makes no sense to me...
  • Blind3Blind3 Posts: 1,149
    I'm attending both -X- shows at The Showbox, 3/30 and 3/31. I'd love to see him join John Doe and -X- this time, since John Doe joined PJ at Easy Street.
    "Buy the ticket,take the ride"
    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"If I wanted you to understand, I would have explained it better"
    Johan Cruijff
    Blind3 wrote:
    I'm attending both -X- shows at The Showbox, 3/30 and 3/31. I'd love to see him join John Doe and -X- this time, since John Doe joined PJ at Easy Street.

Think Ed played at a John Doe show in 2005 as well.

Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Think Ed played at a John Doe show in 2005 as well.
    And John Doe also played with Pearl Jam in 2004 at the Showbox for the NVLB show.
  • I have to say it. I go to work every week 5 days in a row. For eight hours a day.
    My whole life looked like a picture of a sunny day.

Summerfest 95, 06 Alpine 92, 98, 00, 03 Chicago 95, 98, 00, 03, 06, 07 Grand Rapids 04, St. John's 05 Milwaukee 08
    I have to say it. I go to work every week 5 days in a row. For eight hours a day.
    Heh, same here.

Except, there is no message board with almost 40,000 members dedicated to me doing my job. Nor, can I get anyone to join a fan club dedicated to me doing my job. ;)
  • mattseattleusamattseattleusa North Idaho, USA Posts: 346
    I am beginning to think that a Seattle show will be after San Diego?!

Also, heard a rumor that the FTM date is no longer May 3rd. Not sure how reputable the source is tho...
    I will not lose my Faith, it's an Inside job today....
  • emeraldkityemeraldkity Posts: 370
    well you may be right about not playing April 1st but the website stlll lists May 3rd as FTM.
    http://www.ccfa.org/chapters/northwest/
    You must be the change you want to see in the world
    -Gandhi
  • mattseattleusamattseattleusa North Idaho, USA Posts: 346
    glad to know that douchebag who said he spoke to the manager of the showbox and said FTM was cancelled was wrong ! Knew the source wasn't reputable!!
    I will not lose my Faith, it's an Inside job today....
  • NeilJamNeilJam Posts: 1,191
    A full show 3 nights in a row hasn't been done since 03 is all I'm saying.....hope it happens as I will be there.

PJ did shows 3 nights in a row in 05 (Kitchener-London-Hamilton)
  • not trying to minimize EV's show....but I was kind of thinking he would do mostly acoustic.

That being said.....April 1st WE ROCK IN SEATTLE

April 2&3 we chill in Vancouver....not really work at all right :D
    How I choose to feel......is how I am.