Options

Beacon show announced on RS, no 10c news at all??

wma11wma11 Posts: 790
edited May 2008 in The Porch
I met my wife here...you can too! Don't lose hope!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    10c fails again.
  • Options
    The StugotsThe Stugots Posts: 306
    10c fails again.

I don't understand your position, it's a charity event.
  • Options
    NoCode_inMTNoCode_inMT Posts: 551
    "The event is expected to raise 3 million dollars for the charity"

Wow!!! Good Job men.
    1998-6/20, 6/21
    2003-6/1, 10/25
    2005-8/29, 9/4
    2006-7/2, 7/22, 7/23
    2008-4/15(EV solo)
    2009-9/21, 9/22, 9/28
    2011-9/3, 9/4
    2012-9/30
    2013-7/19, 11/30
  • Options
    pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    that is some BULLSHIT!!!
    No $50 tickets for 10C members? Why do I pay $20 a year to be in the 10C again?

Just kidding, guys, it's for charity... maybe a few 10C Pairs for sale for like $2,000 would have been cool, but if they can get people to pay a few grand per seat and get money to people who need it, more power to them!
  • Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    10c fails again.

Oh come on now.

You live closer then I do. You should have known about it. lol :D
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    pjtaper wrote:
    that is some BULLSHIT!!!
    No $50 tickets for 10C members? Why do I pay $20 a year to be in the 10C again?

Just kidding, guys, it's for charity... maybe a few 10C Pairs for sale for like $2,000 would have been cool, but if they can get people to pay a few grand per seat and get money to people who need it, more power to them!
    I think the complaint is not about the price but about the lack of info.

but hey, we heard about it anyway, so who cares?
  • Options
    GushfestGushfest Posts: 56
    I'm def going to try to get to this.

Has anybody successfully donated and got access to tickets? I don't see anything on Robin Hood's site. Thanks!
    Stage College 03, Philly 05, Camden 06, Los Angeles 06, Los Angeles 07 (Ed solo w/ Flea and Jack Irons), MSG I & II 08, Beacon 08, Ed NYC II
  • Options
    Gushfest wrote:
    I'm def going to try to get to this.

Has anybody successfully donated and got access to tickets? I don't see anything on Robin Hood's site. Thanks!

check out this thread:

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=286551&page=1
  • Options
    hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,930
    Come on guys...you actually expect news about the band to break on the band's website? You guys are so greedy!!!! All they do for you and you expect news!?!?!¿!

The only way I knew about it was a post on here. Considering there is probably a large amount of fans and 10 club members who don't post here, I think maybe it would have been a swell idea to give a heads up. I'm sure some of the people would have bought the $1000k+
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884
    maybe 10c was asked not to make a big deal about this.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    mattmidgettmattmidgett Posts: 128
    I would think that they would want 10c to raise as much awareness about this as possible. The end goal is to raise money for charity, so the more people who know about it, the better. Obviously, in this case it would make no sense whatsoever to offer any special incentives to 10c members, but a heads up or a post from the mods would have been good. I am not going regardless, but I am thinking that is what the original poster was saying.
  • Options
    GushfestGushfest Posts: 56
    you guys need to stop your bitching. im sure 10c had their reasons for not having this up. im sure the show is not going to have any problems with the tickets (although, i do i would have known earlier).

if you want to see a shitty fan club, take a look at the chili peppers'. horrible. 10c is leaps and bounds better, and for that, i appreciate them.
    Stage College 03, Philly 05, Camden 06, Los Angeles 06, Los Angeles 07 (Ed solo w/ Flea and Jack Irons), MSG I & II 08, Beacon 08, Ed NYC II
  • Options
    wma11wma11 Posts: 790
    I would think that they would want 10c to raise as much awareness about this as possible. The end goal is to raise money for charity, so the more people who know about it, the better. Obviously, in this case it would make no sense whatsoever to offer any special incentives to 10c members, but a heads up or a post from the mods would have been good. I am not going regardless, but I am thinking that is what the original poster was saying.
    That was the point of my post, the fact that we were given ZERO heads-up from 10c, when we could've been a heavy contributor to the event...oh well, I'm glad $3 Mill is going to a good cause anyway, no matter whose in those 2800 seats, and most likely a good percentage of 10c'ers thanks to the original posters back in January...
    I met my wife here...you can too! Don't lose hope!
  • Options
    godpt3godpt3 Posts: 1,020
    10c fails again.

10C makes the White House press secretary look good.
    "If all those sweet, young things were laid end to end, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised."
    —Dorothy Parker

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/6902/conspiracytheoriesxt6qt8.jpg
  • Options
    woundedorganwoundedorgan Posts: 607
    if the 10c listed tickets then people would be bitching that they didn't get any and the prices would be astronomical and people would bitch about that. Who the fuck cares if the 10c didn't let anybody know of this, it is a charity fundraiser...just be happy they are playing this summer and catch them at one of the many shows....people bitch way too much..
    God Loves Pearl Jam
  • Options
    if the 10c listed tickets then people would be bitching that they didn't get any and the prices would be astronomical and people would bitch about that. Who the fuck cares if the 10c didn't let anybody know of this, it is a charity fundraiser...just be happy they are playing this summer and catch them at one of the many shows....people bitch way too much..

Well put :)
  • Options
    HailHailVitalogyHailHailVitalogy Posts: 4,565
    10c should have atleast promoted it for Robin Hood
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,648

Why? Not like it won't sell out.

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    its a robin hood event
    PJ donates its time and nothing more
    and thats really all there is to it.

probably wise to keep the 10c out of it-some one said it
    then they would get tons of questions and lots of bitching.

Its a lot easier for them this way and we all know what needed to be done to get tix. whats the big deal?
  • Options
    appliedlessonappliedlesson Posts: 237
    Get_Right wrote:
    its a robin hood event

probably wise to keep the 10c out of it-some one said it
    then they would get tons of questions and lots of bitching.

Its a lot easier for them this way and we all know what needed to be done to get tix. whats the big deal?

makes perfect sense to me.

Can you imagine the bitching if people didn't get tickets through 10C?
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    I like the "Free Boston Lou" comment below the story.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,444

Nice to see how many marketing experts we have here!

Odds are, if 2 experienced organizations aren't doing something, there is a reason.
  • Options
    thebends9thebends9 Posts: 513
    I think everyone should ease up on 10c...maybe the unannounced Borgata gig is to make up for this high priced gig.

Remember, PJ will be in NY/NJ from June 24th - July 1st...
    '98 - MSG 
    '00 - Jones Beach (x2)
    '03 - Nassau Coliseum/Tweeter Center/ MSG (x2)
    '04 - Reading, PA
    '05 - Wachovia Center
    '06 - Irving Plaza; Continental Airlines Arena (x2)
    '08 - MSG (x2); Beacon Theater
    '09 - Philly Spectrum (x2)
    '10 - XL Center; Prudential Center; MSG (x2)
    '11 - Alpine Valley (x2)
    '12 - Made In America
    '13 - Wrigley Field; DCU Center; Barclay Center (x2); Wells Fargo Center; XL Center
    '15 - Ed Sullivan Theater
    '16 - MSG (x2)
    '17 - Barclay Center (R&RHOF)
    '18 - Fenway Park
    '22 - MSG
  • Options
    CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
    thebends9 wrote:
    I think everyone should ease up on 10c...maybe the unannounced Borgata gig is to make up for this high priced gig.

????????????????:confused:
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • Options
    thebends9 wrote:

Some east coast fans forgot I guess.
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Odds are, if 2 experienced organizations aren't doing something, there is a reason.

Which would be what?

I know the name of the foundation, but have no idea what they do.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    DiRtYyELLoWoCeAnDiRtYyELLoWoCeAn Medford, Ma Posts: 1,605
    thebends9 wrote:

June 24, 25 nyc

june 27 hartford

June 28 and 30 Mansfield

July 1st Nyc

one day off NO WAY another show is added. I just cant see it happening.....
    BOS 9/28/04, 9/29/04
    MTL 9/15/05
    HRTFD 5/13/06
    BOS 5/24/06, 5/25/06
    VEGAS 7/6/06
    CHI 8/5/07
    NJ 6/19/08
    NYC 6/25/08
    HRTFD 6/27/08
    MANSFLD 6/28/08, 6/30/08
    E.V. BOS 8/1/08
    CHI 8/23/09, 8/24/09
    PHILLY 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    BOS 5/17/10
    CHI 7/19/13
    WOOSTA 10/15/13, 10/16/13
    HRTFD 10/25/13
    BOS 8/5/16, 8/7/16
    BOS 9/2/18, 9/4/18

• Options
    IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,648
    Which would be what?

PBM

http://www.robinhood.org/

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    Which would be what?

PBM
    The Robin Hood Foundation is a charitable organization which attempts to alleviate problems caused by poverty in New York City, New York. The Robin Hood Foundation was featured in Fortune's 18 September 2006 issue where the article states that the foundation is "one of the most innovative and influential philanthropic organizations of our time."[1]

Founded in 1988, Robin Hood was the brainchild of hedge fund manager Paul Tudor Jones. In 2006, the board of directors included such names as Jeffrey Immelt, Diane Sawyer, Harvey Weinstein, Marie-Josee Kravis, Lloyd Blankfein of Goldman Sachs, Marian Wright Edelman, and actress Gwyneth Paltrow. The foundation has implemented a unique approach, combining investment principles and philanthropy to assist programs that target poverty in New York City. World-famous bands such as The Rolling Stones, The Who, and Aerosmith have performed at fund raisers for the group.

from Wiki
  • Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    godpt3 wrote:
    10C makes the White House press secretary look good.

I beg to differ. While she is clearly full of shit, Dana Perino makes herself look damn good. I think she is muy caliente...