Options

New VH1 WHO review

IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,647
edited July 2008 in The Porch

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    As an old Who fan myself though, nothing here comes close to Pearl Jam’s electrifying performance of “The Real Me” and “Love Reign O’er Me” from the great rock opera Quadrophenia. PJ absolutely shreds these two songs, and Eddie Vedder makes a good case for being probably the only guy on the planet, outside of Roger Daltrey himself, with the voice to do Townshend’s songs justice. Backed by a full compliment of strings, Vedder hits every single impossible scream on “Love Reign O’er Me” note for note. This incredible performance literally brought tears to my eyes.

yep :)
  • Options
    pjten77pjten77 Posts: 225
    cutback wrote:
    As an old Who fan myself though, nothing here comes close to Pearl Jam’s electrifying performance of “The Real Me” and “Love Reign O’er Me” from the great rock opera Quadrophenia. PJ absolutely shreds these two songs, and Eddie Vedder makes a good case for being probably the only guy on the planet, outside of Roger Daltrey himself, with the voice to do Townshend’s songs justice. Backed by a full compliment of strings, Vedder hits every single impossible scream on “Love Reign O’er Me” note for note. This incredible performance literally brought tears to my eyes.

WOW.....one more reason to love the band. Thank god they keep on rockin' it!!!!
    Toronto-96/Barrie-98/Pittsburgh-00/Toronto-00/Buffalo-03/Toronto-03/Kitchener-05/Toronto-05/Hamilton-05/Toronto I-06/Toronto 2-06/E.V. Toronto- 08/ Toronto- 09/Buffalo-10/Hamilton- 11/ London- 13/ Buffalo- 13/Detroit- 14/Ottawa-16/Toronto II-16/Fenway I & II- 16
  • Options
    GOSSArDgEEKGOSSArDgEEK Posts: 245
    Great Review, Love how they give Ed so much adoration and admiration. And I strongly agree with it. I don't know anyone who do the Who better than Vedder's voice.
    Here’s a question you might need to ask
    What’s self destruction and how can we last?

"I cannot stop the thought of running in the dark.
    Coming up a which way sign. All good truants must decide."

McCain, America's scariest grandpa!
  • Options
    Gonzo1977Gonzo1977 Posts: 1,696
    cutback wrote:

Couldn't have said it better myself. Eddie was king that night
  • Options
    TiaMijaTiaMija Posts: 597
    I wholeheartedly agree!
  • Options
    chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    cutback wrote:

hell yes!!

i adored last night's performance....i feel so proud to be a PJ fan. i love them :)
  • Options
    PJSEMPREPJSEMPRE Posts: 687
    Great review! Thanks for posting!
    Ed and Jeff were perfect. As a big The Who fan I'm so proud of my favourite band (Pearl Jam).
    Let's say knowledge is a tree, yeah.
    It's growing up just like me.