Options

Riot Act

1/2 Full1/2 Full Posts: 16
edited November 2003 in Poetry, Prose, Music & Art
I know we are all excited about Lost Dogs but....

I am new i want to say how much i loved Riot Act.

Adam kasper has done an amazing job and hopefully he is available for their next album.

I knew this would be a wicked album I thought Eds lyrics on this album were going to be awesome with all the personal incidents he went through leading up to the album. With the death of some good friends,Rosklide and his divorce.

Cant Keep starts off the album beautifully and Save you is amazing Pearl jam song. Love Boat Captain is a classic Pearl jam song that certainly does grow on you. I AM Mine is an inspiring song one that has touched alot of fans. You Are is an incredible song "Love is a tower of strength to me/Each darkening hour brings light again" wow!!!!!

Green Disease rocks Half Full is the best song on the album live it absolutely kicks ass "Wont someone save the world". All OR None is beautiful there is no other way to put it.

Songs like Cropduster,Ghost,Thumbing my Way are certainly no fillers these songs although not the best on the album certainly compliment the album beautifully. Eds lyrics yet again incredible.

Loved this album for everything that has been put into it. It is a full band album and here is hoping that Matt Cameron can be the first drummer to make it on to 3 PJ Albums.

An awesome album with the same vibe to it as Yield. My only complaint is no "Undone" this song just screams Riot Act to me.
Its a protest song that has a beautiful little melody and a cool hook that rocks out at the end. Perfect for Riot Act.

Down and Otherside I think prove that the guys when writing this album were in fine form both are great songs.

Where will they go form here. It is a solid platform that could launch them anywhere for the next .....................
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Undone should've been on there, no doubt...

it's my fave new one :)

such a sweet little groove to it :)
    ~all is full of love~
  • Options
    oldermanolderman Posts: 1,765
    1/2 FULL IS AWESOME LIVE... I LOVE THIS SONG... I LOVE THE SONG ON THE BOOTS AND I WAS PRIVILEDGED TO HEAR PJ PLAY 1/2 FULL IN THE RAIN AT THE 06/12/03 CONCERT.. RIGHT ON!
    Down the street you can hear her scream youre a disgrace
    As she slams the door in his drunken face
    And now he stands outside
    And all the neighbours start to gossip and drool
    He cries oh, girl you must be mad,
    What happened to the sweet love you and me had?
    Against the door he leans and starts a scene,
    And his tears fall and burn the garden green
  • Options
    Half Full in the rain that would be awesome.

I went to the Adelaide concert this year and my only dissapointment was they didnt play Half Full. Not that it is a complaint because I got Ed's Tambourine and if I had the choice of tambourine or Half Full ????

Im happy.

Im being harsh on 'Cropduster " aswell this is an amazing song I love playing it on guitar.

The Chorus is awesome and the lyrics are wicked.

RIOT ACT IS A BRILLIANT ALBUM.

Thanks Guys.